2/4/13 7:00 p.m.
fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/4/13 7:03 p.m.

go figger

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
2/4/13 7:10 p.m.

Bad idea-but I can't honestly say I didn't wish a squirrel would run out in front of me in that situation a few times.

rainydave
rainydave Reader
2/4/13 7:13 p.m.

Dear Mr. Left Lane Camper,

Move the berkeley over!

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/4/13 7:16 p.m.

My guess its a keep right except to pass state? If that's the case, I welcome that.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
2/4/13 7:17 p.m.
rainydave wrote: Dear Mr. Left Lane Camper, Move the berkeley over!

To clarify my above statement-I meant when I was getting my tag run and the officer was trying to read the tag with his bumper by brail, not because I was left lane camping.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
2/4/13 7:47 p.m.

Why didn't the cop hit the lights and write him up?

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/4/13 7:49 p.m.

He did at the end.....prolly obscene gestures from the van occurred when he pulled along side.

rainydave
rainydave Reader
2/4/13 7:52 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote:
To clarify my above statement-I meant when I was getting my tag run and the officer was trying to read the tag with his bumper by brail, not because I was left lane camping.

Understood..my comment was directed to the guy in the video.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
2/4/13 8:52 p.m.

yes.. NJ is a keep right except to pass state.

I can understand why the van brake checked him.. visibility is poor out the back, it is rainy and hard to see.. and he had what he thought was an idiot on his back bumper...

That said.. he had no right being out there in the left lane.. especially when nobody else is around

And yes, I do wish cops would not ride your back bumper. They get so close sometimes I want to open the hatch and invite them in

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
2/4/13 9:02 p.m.

I remember being on the highway one time when a cop did that to me..........not only did it scare the living crap out of me (I mean who expects someone on YOUR WHEEL at 95mph) if I hadn't maintained throttle input he seriously would have killed me.

If there had been a passenger on the bike, they could have turned around and touched the brush guard.

I don't understand why they do that stuff.

patgizz
patgizz UberDork
2/4/13 9:14 p.m.
z31maniac wrote: I don't understand why they do that stuff.

to scare you into doing something stupid so they can light you up and pad their bottom line

gamby
gamby PowerDork
2/5/13 12:05 a.m.

If you're in the left lane and someone is behind you, move the berkeley over. Is this really that difficult to understand? (sadly, yes--especially when I drive through CT).

If you're brake checking in the left lane, you deserve to be punted into the median. MOVE OVER.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/5/13 2:01 a.m.
gamby wrote: If you're brake checking in the left lane, you deserve to be punted into the median. MOVE OVER.

Unless you're in a conga line trying to get past a semi or something, and that one guy has to get right on your bumper because WTF are you doing maintaining that 2-second gap with the car in front of you.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/5/13 6:27 a.m.

Aren't all States keep right except to pass?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
2/5/13 7:16 a.m.
Beer Baron wrote:
gamby wrote: If you're brake checking in the left lane, you deserve to be punted into the median. MOVE OVER.
Unless you're in a conga line trying to get past a semi or something, and that one guy has to get right on your bumper because WTF are you doing maintaining that 2-second gap with the car in front of you.

Well of course if you are in a line of cars the dickhead that has to be in front of everyone should chill out until there is a chance to get over.

But it this instance, water trail or not, there is no need to be in the left lane since he isn't passing anyone and there is no one in front of him. He should of gotten over for the faster traffic. I don't give a E36 M3 if he was doing the speed limit, he was not passing anyone. (rant not directed at you baron)

RossD
RossD UberDork
2/5/13 7:29 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Aren't all States keep right except to pass?

I think Wisconsin's motto is "Slow traffic keep right".

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/5/13 8:03 a.m.

Left lane: Get the berk out the way.

Two lane road with cop up your ass: "DIDN'T YOU SEE THAT FRIGHTENED KITTEN??? OW MY NECK!"

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
2/5/13 8:11 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Aren't all States keep right except to pass?

no ...it seems most of them are " slower traffic keep right ".... semantics I know .. but the wording does make a difference ... by going the speed limit in the left lane, a good lawyer can make a case for the ticket issued to his client actually condoning breaking the law ( i.e. speeding ) douchy ... yeah ... but it's all in the way the law is written

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH PowerDork
2/5/13 8:20 a.m.

Oh you guys have rules about lanes? How lucky. Down here there are none, but there is an unofficial Buddy System. If you see a car alone in another lane, drive right next to it as long as the two of you are going the same place, rendering the multi-million-dollar multi-lane highway upgrades useless and again making the slowest currently driving car the bottleneck of the national road system.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/5/13 8:45 a.m.

When I drive thru CT or down the Schulkill near Philly I stay in the far right lane and pass the entire way. Whomever thought left exits were a good berkeleying idea ought to be hung from a bridge.

Oh... right... on topic... brake checking is for retards.

Brake checking the sheriff is for people who shouldn't drive anymore, ever. But, if you are going to do it you should make sure he hits you so after your wounds heal from the massive beating you get in jail... you can still fight any ticket in court by saying he should have been in control of his vehicle :)

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
2/5/13 9:30 a.m.
z31maniac wrote: I remember being on the highway one time when a cop did that to me..........not only did it scare the living crap out of me (I mean who expects someone on YOUR WHEEL at 95mph) if I hadn't maintained throttle input he seriously would have killed me. If there had been a passenger on the bike, they could have turned around and touched the brush guard. I don't understand why they do that stuff.

It's when you need that hidden switch to kill the brake lights first.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
2/5/13 9:10 p.m.

Or a switch to pop the lights without actually slowing down.

jere
jere Reader
2/6/13 12:50 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

I like to use the normal lights on/off switch for that in the daytime

I hate tailgaters but brake checking is pretty worthless, if you cause an a crash from slamming on your brakes you are at fault. If the baby is on board and I can't use the above lights technique I just slow way down nice and easy and hope the retards endangering my family get the picture and go around.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette Dork
2/6/13 1:29 p.m.
jere wrote: In reply to Appleseed: I like to use the normal lights on/off switch for that in the daytime I hate tailgaters but brake checking is pretty worthless, if you cause an a crash from slamming on your brakes you are at fault. If the baby is on board and I can't use the above lights technique I just slow way down nice and easy and hope the retards endangering my family get the picture and go around.

No you are not at fault. You may be a contributing factor, but not at fault. The cause is due to the following vehicle being too close and not giving himself enough reaction time for evasive maneuvers. The following driver is at fault.

Still, get out of the PASSING LANE. I teach this to all my DE students.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vndvziFFdpGkm2k5rb9kwDxRxWxiJxCnQuxTngF5kdxnNB5SDI8Zbb4ehulZfnQB