1 2 3
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/4/16 7:24 p.m.

That time again.

Who wants in and what league manager software do you like? Like last year, we'll probably do one autograft league and one manual draft league. In any case you're always able to set draft preference order. Figure drafting will be after final cuts, so Labor Day week sometime.

RevRico
RevRico HalfDork
8/4/16 9:04 p.m.

I'm in, if the price is right. All of my current leagues use espn software but I'm open to something new.

Draft draft or auction draft?

Buy in? Or all in fun?

Head to head or you vs everyone else every week?

I guess how do you guys do it is the better question? I'm in 3 leagues already, and they all run kind of differently.

JG Pasterjak
8/4/16 9:09 p.m.

In the past we've always done free leagues using NFL, CBS Sports and ESPNs league managers. Head to head. Each of the league manager packages has their strengths and weaknesses both for the users and admins, so I'll go with the group consensus on what we use this year.

Scoring tends to be pretty Fantasy-standard, but I'll adjust a little for strong defensive showings and we add an additional defensive player.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler UltraDork
8/4/16 9:31 p.m.

In. My vote is for ESPN, CBS, Yahoo, then NFL.com, in that order. I have used them all and can adapt to whatever, though.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/4/16 9:36 p.m.

Can we please do Yahoo? It's the only thing that company gets right, and it's so much better than the others. I can tolerate ESPN but I won't play on the NFL one again.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/4/16 10:05 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Can we please do Yahoo? It's the only thing that company gets right, and it's so much better than the others. I can tolerate ESPN but I won't play on the NFL one again.

Wait until Verizon buys Yahoo. They'll berkeley that up I'm sure of it.

Furious_E
Furious_E Dork
8/5/16 7:21 a.m.

I'm down. I usually do two other leagues on ESPN, so that would be my preference, but I'm open to whatever.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
8/5/16 7:24 a.m.

I'm not a fantasy sports person. Can't even read about it, totally not my thing.

But a shameless plug here, my brother is a writer and editor for Pro Fake Football. He was just pick up and featured by the Washington Post even.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2016/08/03/fantasy-football-2016-who-should-get-the-edge-in-early-running-back-battles/

DanielCut
DanielCut Reader
8/5/16 11:42 a.m.

I'm in, especially for yahoo.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/5/16 11:50 a.m.

Count me in for an Autodraft. And here is another vote for Yahoo. Their mobile app is pretty solid!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/17/16 7:37 a.m.

Hey JG, any updates on the league(s) this year?

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
8/17/16 8:15 a.m.

My fantasy is to see Cam Newton either learn better sportsmanship or suffer through more embarrassing ass whoopings like happened to him in the super bowl. Oh, and for the Seahawks to not crumble in the playoffs like last season.

bluej
bluej UltraDork
8/17/16 9:17 a.m.

wow, missed this earlier! definitely in again.

I think we were going to do NFL last year but ended up having to switch back to ESPN at the last minute? I know JG had a last minute conflict and gave me admin rights to the league to get the draft done. I'll look into it and see if I still do and can send invites.

edit: might have that backwards, tried to do ESPN but ended up w/ NFL.com Will look into it at lunch.

edit again: yeah, was NFL.com.

I'm fine with any of the options (yahoo/espn/nfl)

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
8/17/16 10:37 a.m.

I'm in! Missed out last year and regretted it. Any of the options are fine with me, though I'll have another team in ESPN so that would be easiest.

Robbie
Robbie UltraDork
8/17/16 12:36 p.m.

in for sure!

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/18/16 12:04 p.m.

I will work on getting the pig skin pick'em thing going again this year if there is interest. It is a weekly contest where you pick the winners of the games, not play Pokémon with the players (sorry I don't get fantasy sports). We have played as a group for at least the past 5 years I think. It is straight up no point spread. Pick the winners from week to week, and you drop your worst week. It is fun, and better with more people. Inevitably I forget to pick one week so my worst week is usually a zero which brings me down as I will also have one week it seems where I only get like 3 correct. Also the Thursday games get missed by a lot of players as you just don't think about football on Thursday. By the way Thursday night football sucks! I somehow managed to win the thing in year one however. Look to this thread for a link later tonight. It's through EPSN, which also sucks, but it seems to be the best of the bunch.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/28/16 12:57 p.m.

I'm not sure I did this link correctly, but here is the ESPN pig skin pick'em page. Not fantasy, just pick the winners of the games each week.

PIgskin pick'em

If it asks you for a password it is the car we call the answer.

JG Pasterjak
8/28/16 9:01 p.m.

Cool. I'll have the Fantasy league up in the next couple days and open for registration. Plan on drafting early next week. Like the Tuesday after Labor Day.

RevRico
RevRico Dork
8/28/16 9:03 p.m.

I'll do what I can for that. I work tuesday nights, but should be able to particpate from my phone.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler UltraDork
8/28/16 9:29 p.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Cool. I'll have the Fantasy league up in the next couple days and open for registration. Plan on drafting early next week. Like the Tuesday after Labor Day.

I have another draft that night, but I can always autodraft if need be.

JG Pasterjak
8/28/16 9:34 p.m.

Okay. Yahoo it is. Draft is on Wednesday the 7th. Doesn't leave a lot of time for the first game, but those Thursday games always mess everyone up.

Draft will be live, but if you can't make it you can just rank your players and put it into auto mode and it will grab your best available, which is what I'll probably have to do since I'll be at Solo Nats.

https://yho.com/nfl?l=904104&k=409590633fb6e934&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=f0ffd0193370d75c

Team managers have the ability to invite as well. There's 10 spots available, so if we fill this one up we'll make another league.

Look over the scoring a bit. A few adjustments from standard. Basically a little more reward for production (completions/catches/etc) and a little more punishment for screwing up. Miss an extra point and you're getting docked, for example.

Remember to take Romo off your draft board, even if Jesus comes down and heals him. Dude picks up his phone too fast and his back snaps.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/29/16 8:43 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote: Okay. Yahoo it is. Draft is on Wednesday the 7th. Doesn't leave a lot of time for the first game, but those Thursday games always mess everyone up. Draft will be live, but if you can't make it you can just rank your players and put it into auto mode and it will grab your best available, which is what I'll probably have to do since I'll be at Solo Nats. https://yho.com/nfl?l=904104&k=409590633fb6e934&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=f0ffd0193370d75c Team managers have the ability to invite as well. There's 10 spots available, so if we fill this one up we'll make another league. Look over the scoring a bit. A few adjustments from standard. Basically a little more reward for production (completions/catches/etc) and a little more punishment for screwing up. Miss an extra point and you're getting docked, for example. Remember to take Romo off your draft board, even if Jesus comes down and heals him. Dude picks up his phone too fast and his back snaps.

In like Flynn! Finally on Yahoo, woot!

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
8/29/16 10:31 a.m.

Signed up!

bluej
bluej UltraDork
8/29/16 1:22 p.m.

wow, already only one spot left!

JG Pasterjak
8/29/16 2:11 p.m.

Annnnd... full!

Nice job guys. Glad to see some excitement. Going to make another league and I'll post the link in a few minutes. You're welcome to have teams in more than one league, just promise you won't abandon them when you're 1-6.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fzTCZ3ZfPWljAv9yL74AIyyFPm1YJ05lCRAkvyfkaA4egBEIc4cpEdjtSm0PDSue