9 10 11 12 13
griffin729
griffin729 Reader
4/28/10 10:58 p.m.

Next Wednesday I should be home from my last final in time. I hope to see you all then.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
5/5/10 4:35 p.m.

Everybody getting their car warmed up?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
5/5/10 6:41 p.m.

I will be there. the one hour of Le Mans begins at 9?

Who is showing up?

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
5/5/10 6:57 p.m.

I'm in. I'll be on a bit before or right at 9.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
5/5/10 9:28 p.m.

an unfortunate chicane incident on the first and 5th laps prevented me from going ANYWHERE fast.

Griffin had connection issues mid-sentence.

and as always, Fink ran away with it!

(Oh, and multiclass racing is fun)

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
5/5/10 9:40 p.m.

The race went fine for me. I just got to the end and it show you two guys were DNF. I knew that wasn't right. It was as always fun, though.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
5/5/10 9:43 p.m.

something must have happened then, because you dropped out of our race mid race, and it showed you as being a DNF...

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
5/5/10 9:57 p.m.

I just lagged out probably. I still would have had second though. But yeah racerfink beat me by 2 or 3 miles. I talked to him a bit after the race. I dropped at what around the 46 minute mark?

Edited to make more sense - brain meet fingers, fingers meet brain type what it means not what it says.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
5/5/10 9:58 p.m.

Got tied up and missed it again

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
5/5/10 10:00 p.m.

yeah, I am not debating you were going to beat me...You were at least 7 laps ahead of me at the 45 minute mark...and then I had to make ANOTHER pit stop. You easily had second place wrapped up.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
5/5/10 10:03 p.m.

Nah, I wasn't even 1 lap ahead, but then it is an 8.5 mile lap. You had unfortunate luck on the first lap with that contact.

racerfink
racerfink Reader
5/6/10 11:48 a.m.

I'm just gonna do 10 lap races at Le Mans in private race from now on. Level 5 the car in one race, and make over 100k credits. I've only got like 20 cars left to buy now, so it's all about the credits.

Brotus7
Brotus7 New Reader
5/6/10 12:11 p.m.

I missed the race last night. One of these weeks I'll join in with you guys.

griffin729
griffin729 Reader
5/10/10 7:20 p.m.

Well, I am for now offline on Xbox Live. I moved into the new house, and while I can get wireless signal from the county library across the street. That works fine for getting online on the laptop, but I don't have a wireless adapter for the Xbox, and even if I did I wouldn't want to pirate that much bandwidth. I'll let you all know when I get the DSL line to the house.

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
5/10/10 10:36 p.m.

I just recently finished school and can't find anything better to do with my time now. So if anyone is online at the moment send me an invite or something.

Gamertag is Chester Rumble

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
5/13/10 1:27 a.m.

Nothing really to add, except that I used my GRM ITR "spec car" to clear several different career mode races that required D class cars.

If I make it back to the league, don't be afraid that it's a Level 5 car...I didn't get it there racing it online..

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
5/26/10 10:33 p.m.

Anyone racing at the moment? Send me a friend request.

friedgreencorrado
5/27/10 12:43 a.m.

In reply to ChesterRumble:

Chester, I'm not racing now, but I'm always looking for somebody who drives for real, and doesn't use me for brakes like the "Halo players" do. The public lobbies in FM3 stink the stench of dead skunks, and you have to make a lot of xBox friends to get a full field in a private lobby because so many of us have different time schedules. That's one of the reasons Maroon92's league didn't take off the way I thought it would...read thru the whole thread, and you'll see us all talking about whether or not we could or couldn't get there on "race day".

I'm friedgrncorrado. Send an FR my way. I've got some of the GRM regulars on my list, and a few folks who aren't RL racers, but at least don't live in their leaderboard cars, and don't mind it when you turn the "suggested line" off.

An aside to Maroon: one day last week, I took my GRM ITR into the public lobby hoppers, and won a couple of races against the Halo players, even though it's not a leaderboard car..or even at "max PI" (366, I LOL'd when they whined). The little morons kept early apexing, and put their cars into the weeds anytime I got into their mirrors.

They actually kicked me out of the lobby! (first time ever on F3 for me) And they accused me of "cheating" since I'm an "Amateur (15)" in there. I tried to tell them that my ranking was artifically low, since I just quit when folks like them hit me, but they didn't want to hear it.

You did well when you picked the specs for this series..it's a lot of fun to drive.

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
5/27/10 12:32 p.m.

Thanks dude. I started reading through the thread and got one or two pages in but didn't have the patience to finish it out. I kind of just read the first and last for the most part!

I'll send you a friend request next time I'm online.

Thanks

oldtin
oldtin Reader
5/27/10 1:01 p.m.

haven't been on for a while but send FR to colonel tommy... I'm with friedgreen - Maroon did a good job on the car.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
5/27/10 9:21 p.m.

thanks guys, I tried to pick a car that I would WANT to drive in real life. It is certainly a car that rewards consistency. It just doesn't have the acceleration to make up for mistakes.

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
5/27/10 11:46 p.m.

I was slightly miffed at using a car with limited modifications (even though I'm a hardcore Honda fanatic) but FriedGreenCorrado and I just finished a handful of races and he and I were having a blast. Even though he doesn't have a microphone and claimed to be drunk!

I've got a mildly built Type R for D-Class and I was having more fun with Maroon92's choice of Spec car.

Kudos to Maroon92

friedgreencorrado
5/28/10 1:26 a.m.
ChesterRumble wrote: I was slightly miffed at using a car with limited modifications (even though I'm a hardcore Honda fanatic) but FriedGreenCorrado and I just finished a handful of races and he and I were having a blast. Even though he doesn't have a microphone and claimed to be drunk! I've got a mildly built Type R for D-Class and I was having more fun with Maroon92's choice of Spec car. Kudos to Maroon92

It weren't no empty claim, Chester...I'd had about 5 16oz Bud Ice, and was early apexing just like the "Halo Players" do. Oh, and I was so close to ya that I started "overdriving" the car! The Red Mist is a (female dog), even in the virtual world.

Lotza fun thouh..always fun to race against real racers. (where's the Thumbs Up icon?)

ChesterRumble
ChesterRumble New Reader
5/28/10 1:30 a.m.

Hahaha there were a few times where I could tell you had a few. Some unnecessary swerving here an there. Had I started earlier I would have knocked back a few more Dos Equis and we would have had a demolition derby on our hands.

I'm also bummed that there is no thumbsup icon thing.

P.S. Get a microphone!

friedgreencorrado
5/29/10 12:52 a.m.
ChesterRumble wrote: Hahaha there were a few times where I could tell you had a few. Some unnecessary swerving here an there. Had I started earlier I would have knocked back a few more Dos Equis and we would have had a demolition derby on our hands. I'm also bummed that there is no thumbsup icon thing. P.S. Get a microphone!

Discovered that the mic problem wasn't the mic itself, but my connection. Roomie's playing Halo right now, and the mic works just fine. I kinda suspected something like that (it happened to me in F2 online from time-to-time as well) and I didn't want to shutdown and restart because I was too lazy to set up the room again. Especially since it takes about 10min to do that, and everyone leaves because you "disappear" for so long.

Still, great racin', Chester. That was fun.

9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QMeaHd93VbAdXDNTgpB1xo2WbwQFbpfXBFa96R6RYnAGgWiJhhOftME8z3IFY84l