oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
10/16/10 9:01 a.m.

There's also a 1981 BMW M1.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
10/20/10 1:52 a.m.

I hate it when I can't decide which car I should run...

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
10/21/10 11:38 a.m.

Is anyone going to show up tonight?

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
10/21/10 11:46 a.m.

I may be back in time for the early room. What room do you race in?

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
10/21/10 11:54 a.m.

I run in the "late" room, since I am typically still at work when the early room is running.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/21/10 12:25 p.m.

I'm planning to be there, but plans can change very quickly.

Can't decide if I'll be in the Trans-Am or the Celica Supra. They're within a tenth of one another around Road Atlanta.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
10/22/10 2:29 a.m.

Replays from all 6 races in the 12a room on my storefront. Great fun! I gotta pay more attention to the formula, so's I can build & tune something in advance instead of just picking through the litter box I call a garage.

BobOfTheFuture
BobOfTheFuture HalfDork
10/22/10 11:02 a.m.

Damnit, I meant to be there.. Damned friends distracting me with MW2

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
10/22/10 11:06 a.m.

Wow, there's an absolute PLETHORA of cars in the next group.

Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
10/22/10 11:47 a.m.

Thanks for the invite - I think it was from GRMTom. I was in the middle of another race, but when I went to join up with you guys, my Xbox kept giving me these "Network Connectivity" errors. I saw friedgreencorrado and Capt Slow, but couldn't join :( All the same, I don't think I had a car for the series anyway :p

I did wander into a game of Virus over on the Benchmark playground - my first time playing that, and it was actually a lot of fun!

Should I pick up a headset for this stuff?

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
10/22/10 12:01 p.m.

Its a helpful to apologize to the guy you bumped... At least thats what I use it for

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
10/22/10 12:37 p.m.

Get the headset - the conversations are as much fun as the racing.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/22/10 1:16 p.m.

I had a lot of fun, even when I tried the GTI. It's a rabid, hateful little thing, and I flipped/rolled it several times at Sebring. It is fast, though.

I was surprised at how much I liked the Trans-Am, so I think next week I'll have another GM V-8, either an IROC Z-28 or the Corvette Grand Sport. And an E30 M3. And a Miata. And a CRX. Racerfink called it right; there's a ton of cool cars for next week's race!

Oh, and if you have a headset, don't forget to take it off mute. I apoligized to a dead mic several times, especially in the last race. Sorry to those of you that I clobbered...

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
10/22/10 2:16 p.m.

I tried joining the race with Fink last night but kept getting errors too.

Does that mean the lobby is full? I'm unemployed as of next Tuesday, so I'll be around for both rooms next week.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/22/10 2:33 p.m.

The lobby was never full, there were 3 or so CPU cars all night. Sorry y'all had trouble getting into the room; it was a good night. I'm glad we got to other tracks; Road America was awesome in the Trans-Am.

Speaking of the CPU cars, why did they have to be AWD? They seemed to make a crowded first turn thanks to a great launch, but were otherwise rolling chicanes. I guess that's Murphy's Law in action.

BTW, I'll be prepping next week's cars sometime this weekend, so if you see me online don't hesitate to hit me up for a multicar test session.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
10/22/10 3:24 p.m.

next week lets E36 M3 can the CPU cars those guys were shiny happy people!

friedgreencorrado
10/22/10 11:07 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Get the headset - the conversations are as much fun as the racing.

x1,204,985. And yeah, it helps on-track as well. I use a cockpit view, and my fingers are too busy to flick over and look in the mirrors if I'm doing anything other than driving down the straight.

Next hurdle for game designers..customized interiors! I want a five panel Wink mirror-and a big fat MOMO steering wheel!

friedgreencorrado
10/22/10 11:12 p.m.
Brotus7 wrote: I tried joining the race with Fink last night but kept getting errors too. Does that mean the lobby is full? I'm unemployed as of next Tuesday, so I'll be around for both rooms next week.

Guys, didn't we discuss connectivity issues with somebody else earlier in the thread?

And Brotus, hate to hear it about the job, dude. Man, things are tough out there.

friedgreencorrado
10/27/10 2:16 p.m.

Okay, trying to tune some stuff for Thu, looking for that couple of seconds I need. After watching the replays, I still think I'm braking way too early most of the time. I'd like to try some brake settings, can y'all share a little? I go back & forth with the ABS, and usuall set my pressure at about 50-60 percent or so.

EDIT: DOH! Balance 50-60% front, leaving pressure at 100.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/27/10 2:49 p.m.

I usually cheap out on brakes; I'd rather have the horsepower to keep under the C425 index.

I go back and forth with ABS. I use it on cars that were (or might have been) equipped with it, but on old cars I turn it off. I might try to leave it off all the time, since my finger is used to not squeezing the trigger 100% anymore anyway.

friedgreencorrado
10/27/10 3:20 p.m.

So you leave the settings on default, and just get better at tickling the trigger? I guess I'll go practice..

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
10/27/10 3:22 p.m.

I skip the abs - balance is usually 50/50 - pressure at 180%. Interesting - I sacrificed brakes on an rx 7 - going for power. built a mr2 for handling/braking. The mr2 is a good second faster at catalunya and much easier to drive near the limit. Also tried a fox body mustang - got it to stick - makes a great noise, but it's kinda slow.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
10/27/10 4:26 p.m.

My favorite this week is my almost perfect Warbird Miata replica. HP/weight/tires are all pretty darn close.

My fastest car this week is almost anything else I've built. Reality bites in Forza.

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
10/29/10 2:12 a.m.

I was only able to catch the last race of the early room (where I had a pile up with GRM Tom and the CPU cars)so I stayed around for the late race. Lots of clean racing and fun was had. Damn, Brotus7 is fast! I saved a replay of the Circuit de Catalunya race.

Turn 1 at Catalunya

Battle for 3rd

Battle for 2nd

I noticed a lack of race liveries on track. If any of you want a paint design for your car let me know. I'm not the best painter around but I can make something unique for free.

-LagunaRoadster

Platinum90
Platinum90 SuperDork
10/29/10 7:25 a.m.

Wow, who made the G-ST replica? Looks pretty damn good to me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8CTgLZrjTfMwWaJV1j0icw4nBNRfDxKweUTASrOun0dvnAIwI7Wgs5kDx084KIQg