Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
11/4/10 1:28 p.m.

friedgreen that was fun. thanks for the invite. I am glad I got some racing in this week. It seems pretty likely that when the late room rolls around tonight I will still be stuck in the office.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
11/4/10 2:39 p.m.

I'm glad I came across you guys last night. I saw folks in the public lobby using friedgreen's car for their brakes at turn 1 at suzuka (I got through pretty clean thanks to my horrible launches). Much better with you guys - although I did smack friedgreen pretty good at tsukuba - oops - forgot fg brakes early and I push too deep.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
11/4/10 2:43 p.m.

I should be around for either the early or late room, but not both.

I haven't even started on a car, but I'll probably start with a 2004 Subaru. Or maybe the Superlight MX-5 if it's old enough...it might be newer than 2010.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
11/4/10 11:06 p.m.

D'oh!!! I see everyone in the lobby, but I can't join! I've been having issues with my DSL all day, but I've got a connection now. When I try to connect to the session, I keep getting this "Due to network problems, unable to connect to the other player's system at this time."

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
11/5/10 12:45 a.m.
barrowcadbury wrote: D'oh!!! I see everyone in the lobby, but I can't join! I've been having issues with my DSL all day, but I've got a connection now. When I try to connect to the session, I keep getting this "Due to network problems, unable to connect to the other player's system at this time."

Next time, I'll pop you an invite..saw you on, but you showed up on my friends list as playing career mode, and I didn't want to interrupt ya. I looked for you again before we started (approx. 9:15 Eastern), but the thing said you were offline.

And as always, if you see me online and playing FM3, hit me up. The League ain't just about League races, it's about racing with racers, instead of the "gAm3rZ" in the public lobbies. Jeez, sometimes I think those morons think Forza's a FPS..

Lainford_Express
Lainford_Express New Reader
11/5/10 5:51 a.m.

Hmm... I don't think I did it right, I couldn't find a lobby and the few names I friend requested never showed up as online before I gave up around 9:40.

Oh well, I'll try again next week... I would've been pretty terrible this week anyway, I was only averaging about 1:41.5 around Laguna Seca and that was the only track I had time to practice on.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
11/5/10 7:38 a.m.

Ive been buisy with work schedule changes and job hunting. Should be back soon.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
11/5/10 11:13 a.m.

Sorry you couldn't join us in the late room Barrowcadbury. It ended up, at least to me, some ripping fast times and clean racing. I ran some personal bests, but struggled to keep people in sight.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
11/5/10 11:35 a.m.

Definitely good racing last night. I was struggling with some attention span issues, and the battery in my controller went dead during one of the races but it was still a great time.

After the 9:00 room finished the "regular" series at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, and Catalunya we tried the "stock class pick 'em" format for a bit with pretty positive results. Porsche 962s at Road Atlanta was fun! There were some ripping fast laps (1:09.5!!!!) at the front of the field, but I was only able to muster a 1:12.xxx. The dead controller thing put me at the back of the field, but then I caught up just in time to loop it heading under the bridge.

I'll have to try to find some of last night's replays; the three-wide run around Laguna Seca should be neat to watch!

friedgreencorrado
11/5/10 12:20 p.m.

Lessons from Catalunya: First, never "divebomb" a Chrysler 300 with an R32. Second, I gotta find a braking marker for T1..and practice more with the ABS off.

Replays from the Early room on my storefront. They're all called "EarlyRm1104" or something (or just search storefront replays for "GRM 3AL").

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
11/5/10 12:49 p.m.

So far, I'm lovin the 550 Spyder. In stock form, it starts off at F122, and I'm running 1:26's with it at Sedona Club in the F Series World Tour. Took me four laps to pass the VW Bora for the lead (on hard diff.), but, that's from dead last at the start.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
11/5/10 8:06 p.m.

Hey guys can you update me on what kind of cars we're building and the restrictions? I raced with some of you guys last night, the game set was 2000-2009 C425 so Iam assuming that is what were racing? I had fun, its a heck of a lot cleaner than normal Forza 3 XBL racin.

Steven (IslandRacer19)

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
11/5/10 8:15 p.m.

Well, that was the last night of the 'series' we were running. We're trying to come up with something for next week. We're leaning to running a stock series. Everybody runs the same stock vehicle, so there's no need to tune. Just jump in and have fun. The track and vehicle change from race to race, picked by the last place and next to last finisher.

friedgreencorrado
11/5/10 8:16 p.m.

In reply to StevenFV19:

I don't really know! The 00-09 C425 formula was the last of a three-ring circus of C425s. We really haven't discussed what's next. Got an idea? Post it up! I won't be back until Monday or so (I'm going to flag the ARRC this weekend), but I'm sure everyone else is looking for new cool stuff to try.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
11/5/10 8:17 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

Thanks Fink,

Sounds good to me

Steven (IslandRacer19)

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
11/8/10 7:48 p.m.

Yeah, it's a shame I couldn't make it last week - sounds like it was a fun time! I had an Elise built up that was a joy to drive and a 2006 STi complete with Ken Block paint job :D

On the plus side, my connection errors annoyed me enough to call up my DSL provider and have them run some diagnostics - turned out there was some interference (and only using ~%5 of available bandwidth), so a tech came out and rewired some stuff. Hopefully that resolved it and I won't keep running into those same issues...

I think at some point we should do a slow car series - F or E class cars :) Oh, also, isn't there some version of car soccer? Like they did on Top Gear? That could be a fun random event too :)

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
11/15/10 2:56 p.m.

How did last week's race go? Whats on the plate for this week?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
11/15/10 3:00 p.m.

^^ I'm with you. I fell off the planet last week, so I have no idea.

I'd like to be in for a race this week though, if there is one.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
11/15/10 5:42 p.m.

what days do we race, for some reason I feel like its Thursday? F-Class 200 would be fun just make the only rule a stock drive train.

Steven

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
11/18/10 6:17 p.m.

So, what's the plan, Stan?

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
11/18/10 6:36 p.m.

I am going to be stuck at work untill long after you guys are done...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo New Reader
11/19/10 9:22 a.m.

Whos up for a stock car race on sunday. The big three with no modifications. Paint jobs only. Anyone welcome. Let me know what you think. 2 people will be enough but we can push the capacity. Whos in for 20 or more laps?

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
11/19/10 6:50 p.m.

sounds good to me.

Steven

racerfink
racerfink HalfDork
11/20/10 4:03 p.m.

Won't be able to make that, unless it's late in the day.

StevenFV19
StevenFV19 Reader
11/20/10 4:25 p.m.

Yeah, I got recruited as DD and I have to drive my friend back to his house tonight, then working on his garage tomorrow. I can do it if we start late, maybe 9pm

Steven

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dwvrSeW52Vzxx5FzTX4X4AKEOSMFJBUtdoBBjeXxbDAiDGehNVGrRFdSvTGumpms