3 4 5 6 7
chaparral
chaparral New Reader
3/1/10 12:00 p.m.

Unfortunately the event day and time is exactly the same as the dance i go to most weeks.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/1/10 10:45 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: I can assure you I won't be ringing hard at most of these events. I know RA moderately well, but will struggle at other spots like Sebring. I also suck at finding a decent turn-in spot at Road Atlanta turn 1 for some reason.

I've been told by a lot of folks IRL that there are actually two ways to get through One. First is the traffic line, where you stay wide, brake a little heavy right about where the "drivers' left" side of the club pit lane enters the track, and then late apex. You don't have to brake as hard as you'd think, since the the exit is uphill. The other is the "speed" line, where you brake lighter on the "drivers' right" side of the club pit entrance, apex a little early, and let the car understeer over to the exit point. You don't want to do this in traffic, since you'll be braking about seven feet sooner than everyone else (and probably get tagged).

I didn't race long enough IRL to try the speed line, but in Forza it's faster. If I time it correctly, I can run through One at triple digits in a C class car on slicks.

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
3/4/10 6:40 p.m.

Are you guys keeping track of scores? What was the ranking last weekend? Who is down for this weekend?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/4/10 6:47 p.m.

I will be back for a butt whoopin' again this week. All, I know is GRM Tom has 20 points, I have 7 points, and Kanebmotorsport has 14. I was too far back in the first race, and the second race I was too worried about wth was going on to see scores.

I am new to the whole online thing.

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/4/10 6:59 p.m.

think I've got 10 pts - 3rd at RA and 5th at NY (somebody might want to double-check NY results)

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
3/5/10 11:23 a.m.

My friend request didn't hit me until ya'll had already started the Road America race, so I missed that one. But I had a 2nd in the NY race.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/6/10 12:17 p.m.

okay, well, I think I have the points figured out. Who is up for a race tonight? It WILL NOT start until after the end of the Grand Am race. It should not run late, but I know I don't want to get caught out because of it.

EvanB
EvanB HalfDork
3/6/10 12:33 p.m.

I might be able to be around for it. I didn't get any practice this week though so I will still be bringing up the rear.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/6/10 4:20 p.m.

I got a little practice late last night, and early this morning, but I am imbibing a few adult beverages over the course of the Grand Am race. We shall see how well I am affected.

gimpstang
gimpstang New Reader
3/6/10 6:08 p.m.

what time might that be, any ideas? Im away from the house now and want to plan what time to get back. :)

oldtin
oldtin Reader
3/6/10 6:08 p.m.

I'm in - haven't done sunset much

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
3/6/10 6:24 p.m.

The GA race is supposed to end well before the 8 EST finish time of the broadcast. There's only 28 minutes left til the checkered now anyways.

I'll be there!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/6/10 6:40 p.m.

The oval is going to be fun. Who knows how to draft?

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
3/6/10 6:44 p.m.

So it's not the road course? Don't you think that will be a little boring with less than 200hp?

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/6/10 7:19 p.m.

Okay, I guess I missed y'all. Have fun!

Josh
Josh Dork
3/6/10 7:24 p.m.

Well, I watched most of the race anyway. What was with the slowing down at the end, fink? Taunting? :) I was looking for an invite or message or something and never saw anything. Then I noticed Tom was in a private race... whoops, guess I missed it.

chaparral
chaparral New Reader
3/6/10 7:37 p.m.

Is there a second round tonight?

Josh
Josh Dork
3/6/10 7:44 p.m.

Thanks for letting me in the second race, guys. I guess it pays to read the thread closer and pick the right car when it's on an oval and the Honda version is down 15 points or so to the Acura. That was a snoozefest until fink crashed and I finally managed to catch somebody. I know it was a cheap move blocking you when you came back to pass me, but I had to do what I could with that car, it was my only hope .

chaparral
chaparral New Reader
3/6/10 7:46 p.m.

DAMNIT! I skipped the dance to drive these races and didn't even log in on time.

chaparral
chaparral New Reader
3/6/10 7:47 p.m.

Anybody up for an R1-class race somewhere fast?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/6/10 7:50 p.m.

Sorry about that little shunt at peninsula RacerFink...That was totally my fault. I about lost it myself. It was definitely fun with you for those 6 laps or so.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
3/6/10 8:32 p.m.

okay, I think I have the points figured out.

Road America
GRMtom 10
Kanebmotorsport 8
Colonel Tommy 6
Bcbrownell 5
EvanB88 4

New York
GRMTom 10
RacerFink 8
Kanebmotorsport 6
Jartaine 5
Colonel Tommy 4
EvanB88 3
Bcbrownell 2

Road Atlanta
RacerFink 10
Colonel Tommy 8
CaptainSlowGRM 6
Bcbrownell 5

Sunset Peninsula
Bcbrownell 10
CaptainSlowGRM 8
ColonelTommy 6
JWBrockman 5
RacerFink 4

Overall
Colonel Tommy 24
RacerFink 22 Bcbrownell 22
GRMtom 20
CaptainSlowGRM 14
Kanebmotorsport 14
EvanB88 7
Jartaine 5
JWBrockman 5

Let me know if you notice any discrepancies...

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/6/10 8:38 p.m.
chaparral wrote: DAMNIT! I skipped the dance to drive these races and didn't even log in on time.

Yeah, I didn't make it on time, either. I guess I figured that FM3 is so realistic, they'd be running about 10min behind schedule..just like a real club race!

chaparral
chaparral New Reader
3/6/10 8:50 p.m.

Ten? I've never seen one closer than half an hour to schedule

racerfink
racerfink New Reader
3/6/10 9:03 p.m.

I was 2nd at New York, so I should have 22pts.

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vhVR9x9MMCpNDnbMuNuy7pQJH7g87Lp3t5r0YZzEpvuAIIFU6i3jq4WB5HgyhYtJ