DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
2/8/24 2:54 a.m.

All the way from Tampa-ish Florida to the strawberry fields of Oxnard on the Pacific Coast  

First items to greet me were a nice tumbler with fancy laser engraved company name Power Systems Inc of Florida and Air University course materials. Volume 2! because Mr. Asa generously thinks I have taken the pre-requisites, except he doesn't know I'm a transfer from Youtube community auto college, twice held back. 

So much stuff!

Air University Training book for vehicular equipment maintenance journeyman (vol 2)
Bimini top strap
Handlebar mounted on off switch
A piston and con rod for ants with a broken ring land. Connecting rod stamped BJ cus something blew.
Power Systems Inc of Florida tumbler
Two g force harness anchors
Radiator cap 
Set of pick and hooks, always handy as they are consumables the way I use them
Fuel pump that proclaims that while he is noisy he works good
Couple golf markers that look like Halo Covenant Energy Swords
USB memory stick that was stuck to the magnet, hope there wasn't a heartfelt new years message video on there it may have been degaussed (I learned that playing leisure suit larry)
Jaguar E type lamp, I've always wanted a Jaaaaaaaag
Bungee cords that feel nicer and higher quality than what I’m used to
Keychain multi tool
Crunchy bacon scented air freshener (lol what?)
Cool made in USA Shakespeare criterion model fishing reel marked 1960
Coca Cola polar bear plush with it's limbs restrained to keep it docile during shipment
Architect and builders template (Professional!)
A giant cork for physical comedy
Magnetic tray that my son called dibs on for his toolbox he just bought last year
Crankshaft sprocket
Anodized red frame slider or handle bar end? 
Smog tube fitting
Mini mag lite upgrades
Spark plug gapper from oreilly that my son also called dibs on
Pin from their nemesis, autozone
Mesh Chinese finger trap for giants 
Heavy Duty Spring spacer for one corner, may come in handy because I love all you can eat restaurants and may need the extra support
Very cool hot wheels, half of which my son also called dibs on
a couple things I could not identify (probably why I was held back from youtube community auto college)

Great box, thanks Mr_Asa!

OLDYLR
OLDYLR Dork
2/8/24 6:43 a.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Glad it finally made it there!  Odd I had the wrong address, I guess the computer issues he was having did mess a couple things up.   

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
2/8/24 7:13 a.m.

In reply to DuctTape&Bondo :

Roughly half the stuff is from previous boxes.

The USAF manual is, funnily enough, from my OJT training after I went TDY at Port Hueneme for my "Apprentice" level training.  I was around there in 2010, +/- 2 years?

The polar bear was from a Coke promotion maybe a decade back when I was in college, they had these special bottles with the bear in them.  The soda would dispense, you'd open it and get the bear, then you would find enough quarters to get another soda from the machine.  Over a couple months I found a dozen of the things unopened next to the soda machines on campus.  People didn't realize there was money in them.

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
2/12/24 9:49 p.m.

My package shows as delivered 

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/13/24 4:45 p.m.

In reply to Antihero :

Indeed! 

Hmm..  That address looks familiar...

..for good reason.  Antihero has the bad luck to draw me again.   (My profile page lists me as a bloodsucking attorney.  This will be relevant later.)

an honest-to-god dinosaur costume.  Looks like about the right size for mini-psteav.  Excellent.

One mini-psteav sized hacksaw with the world's smallest miter box.  The kid's gotta learn to cut metal to length sometime...

Exhaust clamp, wall hangers, taco pin, potato internet router (good thing, too, because the last one you sent me fermented), and lawyer weapons.

A truly unique Castlevania x Ally McBeal picture of actual (fictional) bloodsucking attorneys.   Now that something you don't see every day.  It's now on the wall in my office.

Last up - stickers, hotwheels, random baseball card, and two good movies I don't own on DVD.  The only thing I'm missing is more Interstellar Sledgehammer stickers.  Thanks, antihero!

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
2/13/24 9:35 p.m.

In reply to psteav (Forum Supporter) :

I'm glad you liked it, sorry it was so late.

You know ....that dinosaur costume could also work for you. You show up in court wearing that , I can't imagine opposing council will be too keen on their chances. A man wearing a child sized dinosaur costume fears nothing !

And if you want some more Sledgehammer stickers, I can make that happen too

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
2/14/24 3:18 p.m.
OLDYLR said:

In reply to Javelin :

Glad it finally made it there!  Odd I had the wrong address, I guess the computer issues he was having did mess a couple things up.   

Man, it certainly did.  I thought having all the important e-mails in designated folders (example:  GRM Game 2022) would protect them when I cleared out all my "deleted" and "sent" e-mail folders...   Alas, they appear to be gone forever.

Alrighty!  So we're danger close to the end of the game, and here's how my notes are looking:

Indy-Guy:  I'm showing has not Received, Sent, nor Posted a gift

RaceBrick:  I'm showing has Sent, but has not Received or Posted a gift yet.

Greg Smith:  I'm showing has received his gift, but was waiting to send his before he opened and posted

CrustyRedExpress:  I'm showing has sent his gift, but has not yet received his gift.

If I got anything wrong in the above, just let me know.  Like OLDYLR said, it's been a bit of a weird year and I may have missed something.

If you had a box to send, please get it in the mail as soon as you can.  I know it's been a bit of a frantic year this time.

but most importantly:  My apologies to all the logic solvers out there who are going to be able to decode which of the four names is paired up with which based off the info provided.  I'm sorry, I'd be doing it too.  I didn't mean to spoil it for ya.

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD Reader
2/14/24 3:31 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

I think mine was from RaceBrick.

I don't want to post peoples info so if you want I can pm you the name and address of who sent mine. 

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/14/24 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) :

I have received mine.  (will post pics soon) Tracking says the sent package has arrived at it's destination too.

Racebrick
Racebrick HalfDork
2/14/24 10:16 p.m.

Ronnie got the one i sent a while back. Im still waiting, but im out of town til next week. Maybe it will be there when i get home.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/15/24 12:09 p.m.

Package arrived a while back, but I was delayed getting mine sent out. (pretty sure this sender has sent me a box in a previous year.) More good stuff.

Unfortunately, my chainsaw was out of gas this year, so I had to use the boring blade knife to open it:

First peak inside:

Thanks Glue Guy, and thanks for your patience in my delayed posting this awesome haul !

Indy-kid #5 really enjoyed learning about the plane, seeing it work, and making some curled up wood shavings.

Indy-kid #2 added the Sahara Porsche to his collection, and Indy-kid#3 claimed the "fair lady" 2000.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
2/15/24 12:22 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

What ya think happened to those pliers?

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/15/24 12:34 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

not exactly sure.  Possibly modified to become a specialized tool, but more than likely just bent up in a drunken rage / bout of boredom.

Do you know the history behind them?  Are they a legacy item from past years?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
2/15/24 12:59 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Not a clue.

2/15/24 1:48 p.m.

Those pliers are hillarious!

Hey, thanks for the updates everyone, I got my tracker updated and hopefully everything arrives soon.

Cheers!

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
2/15/24 1:59 p.m.

I haven't given up yet, but it's not looking good for the first box that I sent out back on December 29:

"The US Postal Service® received the search request you submitted on 1/16/2024 and it's being processed. Your package has not yet been recovered, but every effort is being made to locate your item(s)."

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
2/15/24 3:28 p.m.

I made a post about the 9/32 drive I got in my box on the Dull Men's Club Facebook group, and got this response:

The boxes never disappoint.
I guess maybe we all do know each other a bit. At the very least we're not strangers and all share a common interest.

2/16/24 10:20 a.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

I made a post about the 9/32 drive I got in my box on the Dull Men's Club Facebook group, and got this response:

The boxes never disappoint.
I guess maybe we all do know each other a bit. At the very least we're not strangers and all share a common interest.

Aha!  But did you post your shoe size?  laugh

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
2/16/24 10:22 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

Slightly poisonous! How did you arrive at that conclusion? Maybe I should have kept it to hide at the desk of any coworkers who dare cross me...

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
2/16/24 11:29 a.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

The Wright Field units, produced for the WWII effort, had a cadmium anti-corrosion coating.

Bill: Of course I posted my shoe size.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/16/24 2:03 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to Indy - Guy :

What ya think happened to those pliers?

LOL.  One of the reasons why I love this game is that it becomes a trip down memory lane from events earlier in the year as I keep a box open and toss stuff in from time to time.  

I was leaving a Flyers hockey game and somewhere in downtown Philly.  Simultaneously I got a TPMS light and a weird wiggle feeling from the back end.  Tire flat.  It had a good sized hole in the tread and these pliers impaled the fender liner and were stuck in place.  

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress Dork
2/17/24 5:43 p.m.

My box arrived! Happened earlier this week but I've been out of town. 

CrustyKiddo says, "IT HAS A POOOPPPIIIIIEEEEE ON IT!"

So it does:

And a Prius! Sender did a good job of stalking, or it's just a fair bet that a GRM'er owns a prius at this point. 

This thing is full of crap!

Hungrian Hot Pepper Jelly?! Sender, is this still edible or am I playing Russian Roulette with Eastern European Ecoli?

Challenge fodder tachometer:

Fundraiser chocolate bars! Did you pay for these?!

Loads of various hardware and fasteners:

Micro Pnuematic Gripper. Never knew I needed one of these. 

See here for more info: https://www.phdinc.com/pdf/190191.pdf

Sender, WTF is this?

At this point CrustyKiddo found the Hot Wheels and ran off to play with them. Sorry guys, looks like those aren't getting regifted next year.

And many more various prius parts, terrible tools, old car mags, and assorted geegaws:

Good job sender, this was a solid 10/10 box. Gonna have some of that chocolate tonight and ponder the Hungarian Hot Jelly some more.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/25/24 5:31 a.m.

Priority Mail Two Day Shipping, 58 Days Later:

"Latest Update

Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 11:31 am on February 24, 2024 in PORTLAND, OR"

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/25/24 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I think the key question here is, is Portland OR the intended destination?

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/25/24 11:07 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Yes!

*Delivered

Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room

PORTLAND, OR 97201 

February 24, 2024, 11:31 am

Out for Delivery

PORTLAND, OR 97201 

February 24, 2024, 6:59 am