yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/24/13 11:48 a.m.

and the precursor to all this "Restricting of Firarms" began with the FA stuff......when new production was banned despite being used in fewer crimes than a person has fingers since the end of the gangster era in the early 30's.....definitely a case of low hanging fruit

Edit: I want a BAR.....and am saddened by the lack of them for under $40k

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/24/13 11:52 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Florida 2ND Amendment Preservation Act
Thank you. I need to get on this ASAP.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=281528860375&story_fbid=391077774319576

The Florida Second Amendment Preservation Act- It's Time For Florida's Legislature To Join Those States Pushing Back: Jefferson's rightful remedy for acts of federal usurpation The Tenth Amendment Center's Florida 2nd Amendment Preservation Act is now available. We are told it is too late for this to be introduced in the 2013 session. IT IS NOT TOO LATE for the discussion to begin
tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/24/13 11:54 a.m.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/24/13 11:55 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=281528860375&story_fbid=391077774319576
The Florida Second Amendment Preservation Act- It's Time For Florida's Legislature To Join Those States Pushing Back: Jefferson's rightful remedy for acts of federal usurpation The Tenth Amendment Center's Florida 2nd Amendment Preservation Act is now available. We are told it is too late for this to be introduced in the 2013 session. IT IS NOT TOO LATE for the discussion to begin

How can it be too late for 2013 when it's January? My guys are in session now, I've been E-mailing a state senator all day from the state house. He's promised to review them over the weekend.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/24/13 12:03 p.m.

I love that the hi-point carbines, the Keltec Sub-2000's, Beretta CX4 and the Thompson's are on the ban list. Does DiFi understand that they shoot a pistol cartridge?

DiFi can DIAF as far as I'm concerned. She has no business sticking her idiotic nose into this topic because she's obviously clueless.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/24/13 12:14 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: I love that the hi-point carbines, the Keltec Sub-2000's, Beretta CX4 and the Thompson's are on the ban list. Does DiFi understand that they shoot a pistol cartridge? DiFi can DIAF as far as I'm concerned. She has no business sticking her idiotic nose into this topic because she's obviously clueless.

As long as we're acronyming, DiFi once had a CWP and when she had a 'turn in your gun day' she brought a 38 stub instead of her 357 (no source), so presumably DiFi is still a CWP owner and she can FOAD. How the HELL did a shotgun get on the list? As if it's more lethal than the other 12 gauges...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/24/13 12:15 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
How can it be too late for 2013 when it's January? My guys are in session now, I've been E-mailing a state senator all day from the state house. He's promised to review them over the weekend.

Well, Brian. We certainly can't have any special circumstances.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/24/13 12:17 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: I love that the hi-point carbines, the Keltec Sub-2000's, Beretta CX4 and the Thompson's are on the ban list. Does DiFi understand that they shoot a pistol cartridge? DiFi can DIAF as far as I'm concerned. She has no business sticking her idiotic nose into this topic because she's obviously clueless.
As long as we're acronyming, DiFi once had a CWP and when she had a 'turn in your gun day' she brought a 38 stub instead of her 357 (no source), so presumably DiFi is still a CWP owner and she can FOAD. How the HELL did a shotgun get on the list? As if it's more lethal than the other 12 gauges...

Well... It... Looks more lethal....

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/24/13 12:18 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Well... It... Looks more lethal....

Which is how any of those guns got on her list. The "look" evil. Stupid bitch.

Sorry.... I just have no patience any more for moronic, self-righteous people such as DiFi that play the ol' "Do what I say not what I do" card as well ad thinking she knows what is best for you when in fact she doesn't have a berkeleying clue. GFY, DiFi, GFY.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/24/13 12:25 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:

I think they make the distinction by having one military characteristic and capacity of more than 5 rounds

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/24/13 12:28 p.m.
Strizzo wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
I think they make the distinction by having one military characteristic and capacity of more than 5 rounds

My god... they're even more stupid than I originally thought.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/24/13 12:30 p.m.

Oddly enough, the M1 Carbine is not on ze list........ Very weird since they are more lethal close in than a dreaded .223.

Also, why the hell are they considering banning the Barrett Fiddy.....do they seriously expect someone to lug around 25lb rifle that isn't greatly accurate until 600yds+.....

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/24/13 12:35 p.m.

So, if I make it cute and less scary looking, is it not on the list?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/24/13 12:37 p.m.
yamaha wrote: Oddly enough, the M1 Carbine is not on ze list........ Very weird since they are more lethal close in than a dreaded .223. Also, why the hell are they considering banning the Barrett Fiddy.....do they seriously expect someone to lug around 25lb rifle that isn't greatly accurate until 600yds+.....

IT. LOOKS. EVIL. That's all these morons know. Let alone the fact that I don't believe a .50BMG has been used in any crime in the US.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/24/13 12:40 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:

So, my Saiga, even though its converted, is not on the list, but it is the exact same as an AK-47 with very minor exceptions. The actual Saiga AK cannot be sold in the US already. The main point being, it WAS an AK with a sporting stock, therefore, its not on the list. I must be missing something..... Or maybe a politician is being a dummy. Nah, couldn't be. Must be me.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/24/13 12:41 p.m.

True, but claiming an anti-material(or anti-everything) rifle is an assault weapon is seriously the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Even the ISO and OSHA auditors couldn't come close to that gem.....

Sperlo, I believe it is considered an AK variant.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/24/13 12:45 p.m.

Me thinks they need more clarification.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/24/13 12:48 p.m.

So correct me if I am wrong but this would just make "assault weapons" NFA items right?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/24/13 12:48 p.m.

What are you talking about? This is NOT an AK!

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/24/13 12:51 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Me thinks they need more clarification.

Me thinks they need more education.....I'm willing to oversee the prison work camp they need educated in..... Just give me a plot of 1600 acres in Alaska, some tents, and a guard tower......no need for fences. Thats what the circular enclosure of landmines is for.......

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/24/13 12:51 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: So correct me if I am wrong but this would just make "assault weapons" NFA items right?

Existing ones yes, and banning new production.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/24/13 1:01 p.m.

Like the AK-47, Arnold Schwarzenegger is Austrian and very dangerous. He should also be banned.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
1/24/13 1:06 p.m.

But the AK is Russian......

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/24/13 1:08 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Like the Glock pistol, Arnold Schwarzenegger is Austrian and very dangerous. He should also be banned.

FTFY

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/24/13 1:13 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Like the Glock pistol, Arnold Schwarzenegger is Austrian and very dangerous. He should also be banned.
FTFY

Plaxico heard you and also agrees.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GVruY7Hc7YnQm6RbiXQZJ0MY4pQHcuQ7MRyjmTulJQSO5yZxTT7GR124h00R3M2o