Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/19/13 7:00 p.m.
yamaha wrote: For every good thing, there has been 20 absolutely retarded proposals from both sides.

Life, and all that it involves, is an iterative process. Never perfect on the 1st go around.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/19/13 7:16 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote:
yamaha wrote: For every good thing, there has been 20 absolutely retarded proposals from both sides.
Life, and all that it involves, is an iterative process. Never perfect on the 1st go around.

Nope, and this type of proposal isn't new.....hence the bitterness many, including myself, have towards regulations. Announcements of the next restriction/regulation are just as exhausting as what you mention. These have been happening for 8 decades now, most without reasons or factual evidence. I might be ahead of the norm with the realization that humanity will never be perfect, regardless of those who believe otherwise.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/19/13 10:32 p.m.

Buy a shotgun FTW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuk3G9Xixc

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/19/13 10:39 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: Buy a shotgun FTW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuk3G9Xixc

An AR15 is harder to shoot. Great argument.

/sarcasm

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/19/13 11:17 p.m.

Wait, he is recommending that people in distress leave the confines of the house and shoot elevated in the air.......he must have failed gun safety and self defense 101.

I want to buy a shotgun, they won't let me have an AA12 though. berkeleyers

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/19/13 11:21 p.m.

yea, I'd really like to see how firing two warning shots in the air would work for me

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/20/13 7:00 a.m.

In reply to fasted58:

Uncle joe is going to get a bunch of people in hot water I bet. Isn't he a lawyer? Could that be construed as legal advice? What a maroon

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/20/13 7:19 a.m.

So after you fire the two rounds, you essentially have a baseball bat to defend yourself with.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/20/13 7:25 a.m.

VP said... gotta be troof

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/20/13 7:27 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: So after you fire the two rounds, you essentially have a baseball bat to defend yourself with.

Hey, this man is just a heart beat away.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/20/13 7:27 a.m.

And Dan Quayle got destroyed for spelling potato with an "e" at the end..... but this moron gets a pass for this?

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
2/20/13 7:32 a.m.

potatoe tomatoe, it's all berkeleying politics

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/20/13 7:32 a.m.
Bobzilla wrote: And Dan Quayle got destroyed for spelling potato with an "e" at the end..... but this moron gets a pass for this?

Well... That and a few other things.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/20/13 10:45 a.m.
yamaha wrote: Wait, he is recommending that people in distress leave the confines of the house and shoot elevated in the air.......he must have failed gun safety and self defense 101. I want to buy a shotgun, they won't let me have an AA12 though. berkeleyers

Saiga? I think they make a drum. It is not as nifty, but it is still pretty cool.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
2/20/13 10:52 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
yamaha wrote: Wait, he is recommending that people in distress leave the confines of the house and shoot elevated in the air.......he must have failed gun safety and self defense 101. I want to buy a shotgun, they won't let me have an AA12 though. berkeleyers
Saiga? I think they make a drum. It is not as nifty, but it is still pretty cool.

there was a creeper at the range when my fiance and I were there shooting a saiga 12, guy didn't get through a single entire mag without a failure. every time the range went hot, he'd get through like half a mag, and it would have some kind of serious failure that would render it inop to the point that they couldn't get it going again until after the next cease-fire.

guy was a total wierdo, wearing all khaki with matching leather holsters for everything he carried, his cigarettes, zippo, leatherman, pocket knife, car keys, etc.

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
2/20/13 10:57 a.m.
N Sperlo wrote: So after you fire the two rounds, you essentially have a baseball bat to defend yourself with.

Saiga with a bayonet lug.

Problem solved.

Or Mosin, that works well as a bat, or shovel, or anything really.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
2/20/13 12:06 p.m.
Grizz wrote:
Saiga with a bayonet lug. Problem solved. Or Mosin, that works well as a bat, or shovel, or anything really.

You forgot:

Fencepost, crutch, tent pole, spear (with bayonet attached) and sledgehammer.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/20/13 12:11 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:

I want nothing to do with a Saiga.......

THIS IS A SHOTGUN..........I apologize in advance for it being fpsrussia, there just weren't many non-documentary ones for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
2/20/13 12:15 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: You forgot: Fencepost, crutch, tent pole, spear (with bayonet attached) and sledgehammer.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
2/20/13 7:25 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
I want nothing to do with a Saiga....... THIS IS A SHOTGUN..........I apologize in advance for it being fpsrussia, there just weren't many non-documentary ones for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

Thanks for the warning. Didn't watch it....FPS russia is guaranteed to drop you a few IQ points with each viewing. Here's the AA 12 clip I use to introduce people to it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

Will
Will Dork
2/20/13 7:28 p.m.

Legally speaking, warning shots tend to be a great way to go from victim to perp.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/20/13 7:36 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

I just chose the FPS one because I can't stand the guy from the discovery channel's voice.

They allow me to purchase and own THAT shotgun, I'll ignore everything else going on....

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/20/13 8:56 p.m.
yamaha wrote: I want nothing to do with a Saiga....... THIS IS A SHOTGUN..........I apologize in advance for it being fpsrussia, there just weren't many non-documentary ones for it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

"If nothing else, you can always poke them and berkeley their E36 M3 up."

That made me LOL.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
2/21/13 11:36 a.m.
Will wrote: Legally speaking, warning shots tend to be a great way to go from victim to perp.

Truf. Summary from my CPL class: If the situation isn't serious, your "warning shot" is likely to be construed as an assault. If the situation is serious, you just wasted a round you may need in the next 30 seconds or so. What I can't figure out is if "Uncle Joe" says that kind of stuff in a failed attempt to be folksy or if he's really that stupid.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/21/13 11:49 a.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

Indeed, some things are relatively funny with a russian accent.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YKGb97mPlTdy99RpHbLTX0Z4P9UrRrx8aT1YQ0pPiyTfAkzlDvx4L4omwg1b0txw