pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
3/7/18 1:36 p.m.

Look at any auto or truck or train assembly line from any manufacturer, anywhere in the world, at any time in history, and they all share one thing in common: the vehicle always moves through the line facing forward.  Weird.   

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
3/7/18 2:19 p.m.

Dont they usually drive the car off the assembly line? makes sense to have it pointed the way you want to drive it out.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
3/7/18 2:22 p.m.

Of course they do, otherwise everything would have to be installed backwards. cheeky

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/7/18 2:24 p.m.

Some body on frames start with the frame upside down for loading the suspension before flipping right side up for the drivetrain and body to be decked.  Lot's of sub assembly stations where things move sideways down the line.  Can't think of seeing one where anything goes backwards but virtically up and down isn't uncommon either.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/7/18 2:38 p.m.

If my son hadn’t been such a E36 M3 when he was in his mid/teens, I would have been working at BMW.  I couldn’t leave my wife to deal with him alone.  

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
3/7/18 6:30 p.m.

You know I noticed the same thing about the sun. No matter where you are on Earth you first see it in the easterly direction. Then it is last seen over to the west. 

Ev-er-ry-DAY!!!!

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
3/7/18 7:29 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

If my son hadn’t been such a E36 M3 when he was in his mid/teens, I would have been working at BMW.  I couldn’t leave my wife to deal with him alone.  

I worked in the Bosch plant in Anderson for a bit. Could sit there daydreaming while making fuel pumps.  Was ok for a few months then got bored.

thestig99
thestig99 Dork
3/7/18 8:26 p.m.

So, what's the deal with all the ropes hanging around the Mustang?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
3/7/18 8:30 p.m.

How do you know which direction the lines are moving in those pictures?

former520
former520 HalfDork
3/7/18 9:07 p.m.
thestig99 said:

So, what's the deal with all the ropes hanging around the Mustang?

You pull the rope to sound the alarm if it tries to jump off track and run people down. 

shuttlepilot
shuttlepilot Reader
3/7/18 9:49 p.m.
ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
3/8/18 4:40 a.m.
Stampie said:
spitfirebill said:

I worked in the Bosch plant in Anderson for a bit. Could sit there daydreaming while making fuel pumps.  Was ok for a few months then got bored.

There's a joke about problematic BMW fuel pump quality right there for the taking.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
3/8/18 6:10 a.m.
Stampie said:
spitfirebill said:

I applied to Bosch many years ago for a QC job.  One more job I didn’t get.  May have been a good thing.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fOww4VLorpVasg2p1M1bB0NRiOuU7kjz64wvIVGidbbNIt8PafFWxU2i70BdugiH