1 2
DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/28/09 9:40 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: Once she has found a make that's comfortable it's real easy to narrow down the model that fist your budget.
i know new bikes are 'spensive, but do they really "fist your budget"?

Been to a bike store recently? They have the audacity to call bikes that cost $1,000+ entry level. Sounds like a budget fisting to me.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/29/09 4:27 p.m.

Update: Ended up getting a Specialized Vita:

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
7/29/09 5:09 p.m.

Noice! Red makes you faster!

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 Reader
7/29/09 6:32 p.m.

Sweet! I am late to the thread, but as I was reading through the first page, the Specialized Vita seemed like a good consideration that was missing so far...

Have a great ride!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
7/29/09 6:36 p.m.

good choice.

Specialized? Meh, Flat bar road/commuter bikes sans bungee forks? Me likey

The combo of a mtn drivetrain the added lightweightness of a roadbike, and comfort of a hybrid is like the E36 sedan - convenient, efficient, no doodads and sporty all at once

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/30/09 8:48 a.m.

Yeah, I actually went to look at the Electras (too heavy) and stumbled across the Specialized. Compared to the Trek it seems to have slightly better components, was slightly lighter, and I liked the way it rode better. Let's hope the wife likes it, too.

CrackMonkey
CrackMonkey HalfDork
7/30/09 10:08 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Let's hope the wife likes it, too.

She should, there's not much to dislike about the current generation of "sporty hybrids". If I wasn't a cyclist, I'd be riding something similar.

donalson
donalson SuperDork
7/31/09 10:33 a.m.

you already got the bike so it doesn't matter but...

the pedal forward design (like the electra townie) is SO comfy... not good for climbing hills but for flat stuff it's an awesome comfy design... for simplicity "just works" type stuff you can get one with the nexus internally geared hub...

if you are wanting to go faster with a lighter weight bike they have a 700c model... not a feather weight but its a very weird bike to ride... SO comfy but a very quick accelerating bike...

ultraclyde
ultraclyde New Reader
8/1/09 8:47 p.m.

The wife and I both have mtn bikes from the Big Red S, been very happy with them. Enjoy!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vnRov0fs4XU8hgOQRoj0XZ9KVzx8nrhn9qMDMAo1MPVuyM5VQEvTseuhQMVDzc6d