Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
2/27/13 4:50 p.m.

Gay slur.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Cone_Junky:

Chances are, if someone threatens my life, someone else will be dead......and oddly enough, the exemption to those local laws is in the event of self defense. Firing warning shots is not self defense.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Intern
2/27/13 6:09 p.m.

I think the real answer is that the best home defense gun is one you're comfortable with. I know both a soldier who refuses to defend his home with anything other than a shotgun, and a duck hunter who keeps an AR-15 next to his bed. IMHO, the right gun is the one you'll be able to (in only a second or two) pick up, aim, and shoot.

My mom, for example, prefers a cement mixer.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/27/13 6:20 p.m.
Cone_Junky wrote: But you're still not dead, so you have that going for you.

So as it turns out, Joe Bi-Don is a genius. Whodathunkit? Everybody calm the berkeley down and have a laugh ferchrissake.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/27/13 6:24 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Edit: Okay, maybe spitfireball called him a retard. Anyway, if you can't find the humor in it, take two and pass.

I was just paraphrasing what he said.

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
2/27/13 6:26 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard:

Aren't you guys in need of more property by now? I mean, acres of concrete, jeez. Gotta have SOMETHING to mow.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/27/13 6:42 p.m.

In reply to Derick Freese:

They're building an elevated patio over their neighbors houses.......

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Intern
2/27/13 6:55 p.m.

Yeah, our house looks like a well-used Roller Coaster Tycoon map. Paths upon paths upon paths.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/27/13 6:57 p.m.

And the spank-dungeons. Don't forget those.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
2/27/13 7:38 p.m.

Lighten up everyone.

I understand the video was slanted to make Biden look dumb, don't take it so personal.

The girl firing the AR looks like she loses interest half way through it. None of those women looked to have proper weapon handling skills. 12 ga shotguns start to hurt after you fire a few rounds through them, especially the lighter they are. I could shoot 200 rounds through an AR-15 and my arms might get sore from holding the weapon if anything. That's a fact. An AR is just easier to shoot because of the buffer and spring and the round is weak sauce.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/28/13 2:20 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: An AR is just easier to shoot because of the buffer and spring and the round is weak sauce.

But it's a high powered, military grade, assault weapon!

<- (Smiley added just in case anyone here might not realize that was 100% sarcastic.)

cwh
cwh PowerDork
2/28/13 7:32 a.m.

My wife, all of 5'3 and 120#, can handle a 12ga just fine, thankyouverymuch. BUT, her daddy was an experienced hunter, and made sure his baby girl was properly trained on the art. All in knowing how.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
2/28/13 7:49 a.m.

Nobody should make fun of Joe-the-Dumber; c'mon, people, the man can see White Russians from his porch.

Note to Joe: don't drink White Russians before doing PSA's.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
2/28/13 7:51 a.m.

I was going to say, I was shooting a single barrel 20 gauge when I was a skinny ass 10 YO. It kicked like a mule to me at that time, but it never came close to knocking me down. Mr dad was a hunter extraordinaire and trained me well.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/28/13 8:45 a.m.

That was funny. Around here you don't fire warning shots. I'll stick with the AK. I'd like a pump action for the house, though.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
2/28/13 12:42 p.m.

12 ga. or a pistol caliber carbine myself.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/28/13 12:45 p.m.

Party at Joe's house! Bring anything that carries more than 2 rounds and run in a zig-zag!

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
2/28/13 5:34 p.m.

A. Don't hand weaponry to women you like with NO experience without at least some instruction, particularly anything with some sack behind it. If you do, you're a flaming dick of unspeakable proportions.

Dos. Most everything Biden said was BS, with the exception of "you don't need thirty rounds to defend yourself." But then I'm pro-revolver and bolt guns, and anti-double stack mags; personal preference.

iii. I'm wondering if enough viewers took him seriously enough that the ammo shelves will be as bare of 12ga as they are of everything else.

rainydave
rainydave Reader
2/28/13 5:36 p.m.

More genius from Biden:

“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/28/13 6:00 p.m.

In reply to ValuePack:

If you think magazine restrictions make any sense at all, please, see the YouTube link I posted in the gun control rant thread......back to back, standard capacity vs restricted capacity. You might agree with it after watching.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/28/13 7:35 p.m.
Dos. Most everything Biden said was BS, with the exception of "you don't need thirty rounds to defend yourself."

Hey, life's great when you're big white Joe Biden in your big white house on 30 acres.

When you're a legal immigrant from Mexico who runs a food cart in Georgia, and a half a dozen MS-13 gang bangers decide to rob your home on a Friday thinking you've got cash inside, do you really want Joe Biden or Nancy Pelosi or Fecalstein telling you how many bullets you're allowed to have?

^^^True story by the way, but Paco had made a night drop, so instead of robbing him, they raped his wife and teenage daughter in front of him. Good thing he didn't have a gun with more than 8 bullets in it, right? That would've been dangerous.

Will
Will Dork
2/28/13 7:41 p.m.
rainydave wrote: More genius from Biden: “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”

Please, please tell me he didn't actually say this.

Please.

I mean, look how well that worked out for Pistorius.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/28/13 7:41 p.m.

Here's another good one, found while looking up the last one. If only they'd emptied their double barrel shotgun firing two warning shots....

http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2012/02/03/6-charged-with-gunning-down-teen-in-deadly-home-invasion/

Gwinnett county was a REALLY nice place to live 20 years ago. It must be the guns' fault.

rainydave
rainydave Reader
2/28/13 10:00 p.m.

It appears that he did. The man is a walking gaffe.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/02/28/another-self-defense-tip-from-joe-biden-just-fire-the-shotgun-through-the-door/

Will wrote:
rainydave wrote: More genius from Biden: “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”
Please, please tell me he didn't actually say this. Please. I mean, look how well that worked out for Pistorius.
ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
2/28/13 10:00 p.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to ValuePack: If you think magazine restrictions make any sense at all, please, see the YouTube link I posted in the gun control rant thread......back to back, standard capacity vs restricted capacity. You might agree with it after watching.

Sorry, not trying to be a douche there, I didn't make myself clear. I meant that I've been ruined by using Smith revolvers and thus hate the feel of double stack handguns; a "six will keep me alive long enough to get to a rifle" guy. Doesn't help that I'm a machinist, I simply can't hold the same affection for plastic as I do steel and wood, hence revolvers and bolt guns.

That said, I also think capacity restrictions are unconstitutional and outrageously bogus. Guns are guns, I fail to see how the world will be a safer place when everyone has seven+ at their immediate disposal as opposed to twelve+.

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord... to hook me up with cheap .44 and .308..."

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
13NLVRq4J5bs8CjbqtFhlY3RDEmc7z7fkJahTBbTwiDTY3uLFZEwqnPeP5zsXqSt