1 2
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/28/21 9:33 p.m.

And it was surprisingly affordable.  Also, absolutely crazy.  I've never been to one, now there are two in Florida.  It overwhelmed you fairly quickly, you didn't know what to look at or what to try.

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/28/21 9:39 p.m.

What is this? A supermarket?

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/28/21 9:42 p.m.
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:

The Greatest  "Gas Station" in the world... brought to you by the land of excess... Texas

Our lord and Savior the beaver.... Buc-ee's!!!!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/28/21 9:43 p.m.

In reply to Slippery (Forum Supporter) :

Its Buc-Ee's, a Texas based gas station, this one has 114 fuel pumps and was about half the size of a Wal-Mart inside.  If a zombie apocalypse ever happens, you can survive completely with what you find at a Buc-Ee's.  They had everything to dress someone, I think they even had underwear.  I can remember driving around the country and seeing "563 miles until you're at Buc-Ee's!" and similar billboards.  

Everything's bigger in Texas.

https://buc-ees.com/

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/28/21 9:48 p.m.
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
3/28/21 9:48 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:.  They had everything to dress someone, I think they even had underwear. 

Does one need to wear underwear to be truly dressed?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/28/21 10:07 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:
Mr_Asa said:.  They had everything to dress someone, I think they even had underwear. 

I generally appreciate it.  

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/28/21 11:05 p.m.

One just opened here, North side of Daytona Beach just off of 95. It was being discussed at work. I'll eventually check it out, but it's not in my usual travels, and I'm not interested enough to make it a destination.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/28/21 11:09 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Yup, that was the one I was at.  The other is in St Augustine.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/29/21 8:22 a.m.

Nephew and his wife do a lot of random low-budget road trips.  They swear by Buc-ee's.

She has a Buc-ee's soda / coffee mug that is basically a plastic quarter keg with a handle stuck on the side.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/29/21 8:41 a.m.

They just opened the only one in GA here in Warner Robins. It's right on I-75 at exit 144 so most of you guys will pass it headed to the Challenge.  I haven't been in there yet, but it's high on my list after my second vaccine shot. 

I've had the Bucee Nuggee corn puff things. They're amazing. I've heard the brisket is really good, even by Texas standards. I've heard they have more cast iron cookware than anywhere else, and that it's the cheapest place to buy good lump charcoal.

Plus they have fuel, huge restrooms, and everything else you need. Also, no semi trucks allowed, which surprised me. 

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/29/21 9:00 a.m.

Are the bathrooms clean? How are the gas prices?

I get my gas at Costco. On a road trip, I get the cheapest at the exist that I need gas at... Unless I need to go to the bathroom. Then I go to Casey's, followed by KwikTrip, followed by something attached to a McDonalds - because they tend to have the cleanest bathrooms. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/29/21 9:07 a.m.
Slippery (Forum Supporter) said:

That's EXACTLY what my wife and I thought when we saw the one in Bastrop TX.  We were staying in a cabin at Bastrop state park for F1 and assumed that it was a supermarket. We had planned to make our own meals at the cabin to save some coin (wife bought F1 tickets as a surprise, then we wound up buying a house that same year, so we were saving money where possible). 

When we realized that it was a HUGE gas station...  wow. We still got everything we needed from there though

j_tso
j_tso Reader
3/29/21 10:05 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Are the bathrooms clean?

One of the things they're known for.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/29/21 10:09 a.m.

114 pumps? Somebody is compensating.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
3/29/21 10:09 a.m.

That is some epic  beard 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/29/21 10:18 a.m.

Supposedly they've won awards for how clean the bathrooms are.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/29/21 10:18 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

Well thank you, sir.

RevRico
RevRico UltimaDork
3/29/21 10:33 a.m.

They've got a video on their site. Some annoying spoiled snots from YouTube did 24 hours at the new braunfels location, the world record holder for largest convenience store. Despite their annoying everything, the place looks awesome.

One opening in South Carolina soon or recently did as well.

I want one of the beaver onesies for Thing 1, but not available online.

jharry3
jharry3 Dork
3/29/21 10:39 a.m.

Texas has lots of these.   Don't bring your kids in to one unless you want to be followed around for 20 minutes with them asking "daddy can you buy me this?".

And look out for the maniacs speeding through the Buckee's parking lots as they try to escape the chaos.  

I will say the restrooms are spotless and you can get a really nice custom made sandwich, ordered from a computer screen,  from them without having to talk to anyone but the cashier when you check out.    

slantvaliant (Forum Supporter)
slantvaliant (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/29/21 3:51 p.m.
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) said:

I've had the Bucee Nuggee corn puff things. They're amazing. 

Those would be Beaver Nuggets.  And yes, they are.  

I've been to a few of the stores.  The restrooms had plenty of stalls and were pretty clean.   

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/29/21 3:54 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Come on man, you're from around here, you have to be familiar with things sticking to things. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/29/21 3:58 p.m.
RevRico said:

They've got a video on their site. Some annoying spoiled snots from YouTube did 24 hours at the new braunfels location, the world record holder for largest convenience store. Despite their annoying everything, the place looks awesome.

I would be willing to bet you could convince anyone near daytona to get that for you, after spring break. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
3/29/21 4:04 p.m.
Mndsm said:
RevRico said:

I would be willing to bet you could convince anyone near daytona to get that for you, after spring break. 

Stampie is probably going to be driving past one of them in the near future, just based on where he is and how often he drives around.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/29/21 4:08 p.m.
jharry3 said:

Texas has lots of these.   Don't bring your kids in to one unless you want to be followed around for 20 minutes with them asking "daddy can you buy me this?".

There are three of those in my neck of the woods. One of them is right down the road from Texas Motor Speedway so you can have lunch there at the autocrosses and swap meets or get breakfast before the race. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wetIiaMgoiJ9PPovvXbkdr5HJ2d8B12Heprpn4cDnTbDK7c0kp57gfV0WCGBdg0q