sachilles
sachilles Reader
6/1/09 11:50 a.m.

We had an autocross this weekend. Forecast was for rain.

We had rain, then bright sun and wind that dried the course. We then had more rain and more sun, then the temp dropped enough to see a few snow flakes. Then we ended the day with pee sized hail. I was last on course to "confirm" we should shut down for the day. I think I demonstrated the lack of traction. We picked up the course in record time. Video at the link below, skip ahead to about 3 minutes to see the run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5r4Uj5_ak data log of the run......one too many loops.

cwh
cwh Dork
6/1/09 11:58 a.m.

I prefer Florida.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
6/1/09 12:17 p.m.

I don't know which is worse, pee size hail or pea size hail.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie New Reader
6/1/09 12:23 p.m.

Pee size hail? Really sounds like something you should have checked out...

sachilles
sachilles Reader
6/1/09 12:50 p.m.

It did seem to be pissing hail, so maybe it was a Freudian typo.

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid HalfDork
6/1/09 6:13 p.m.

wow, talk about fun...all kinds of weather in one day...sure you where not here in the windy city?

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
6/1/09 10:18 p.m.

Looks like Miata DNA chain.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
6/1/09 10:58 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Looks like Miata DNA chain.

Brilliant!!

Seth, if it makes you feel any better the NESHOC event @ Devens got called early also. It went from sprinkles to gail force wind with sideways rain and lightning strikes in about 4 minutes. The wind was what amazed me. It was fairly calm, and then one giant gust rolled across the air field, strong enough to blow over/relocate a good amount of cones, as well as push you around until you leaned into it.

Gotta love New England weather

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
6/2/09 12:18 a.m.

we had a good one at a Cumberland, MD event a few years back. a 70-80mph wind gust. The Porto-johns raced each other across the paddock and the driver on the course had a moving slalom to contend with. (and DONT get me started on canopy carnage, my floor mats even blew 100yards away from where i left them!

curtis73
curtis73 Reader
6/2/09 11:06 p.m.

Motaba. Kinda rolls off the tongue.

(a free hot dog to whoever gets that reference)

Mental
Mental SuperDork
6/2/09 11:44 p.m.

I love the miniacal giggle at 3:30

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8SSmj1gcUJkh8y0tJDKSXaBPc8y3mjoGMDnOZlvAyB4tS9jsYZuqntoMEjgvXpYB