4/26/13 11:16 a.m.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
4/26/13 11:23 a.m.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/26/13 11:25 a.m.

In reply to moparman76_69:

Easiest answer there is Egypt.......dipE36 M3s.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
4/26/13 3:15 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: reminds me of those funny interviews on late night tv (Leno and Letterman and whatnot) where they ask college grads basic questions on their graduation day like " what country is Mexico in?" or "how many dollars would you have if you had one half of a one hundred dollar bill?", and hilarity ensues...

I like the prank to go around getting women to sign petitions to "End Women's Suffrage".

poopshovel wrote: "Before we go any further, who's the vice president of the United States?" The guy who was an expert on politics 15 seconds before was stumped. "That's okay, I'll give you another shot. Who's the Speaker of the House?" Still nothin'. You know who you are.

Okay... I know VP, was correct on Speaker, know who just stepped down as Secretary of State, but didn't know until today who had replaced her. Know the past two Secretaries before her. Can name president and VP back until I was born. Feeling a bit better now.

That ended that, and we were able to go back to drinkin', jokes, cars & chicks.

Sound like a far more productive conversation.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
4/26/13 3:41 p.m.

Just FYI: I wasn't trying to assert that anyone is "stupid" for not knowing who the current secretary of state is. I know plenty of smart people who've thrown up their hands and decided they're done paying attention to politics.

Just as it pertains to political discussions, I'm not going to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. I listen to a bare minimum of 2 hours of news a day in the interest of not being a dumbberkeley who knows more about American Idol than American politics, so I'm not going to waste my breath arguing with a person who doesn't have enough interest in politics to know who the berkeleying Vice President is...not that they're missing much.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/26/13 3:50 p.m.

I routinely try to forget who the VP is.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess UltimaDork
4/26/13 4:00 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I can name the past Sec of State.. I can even name the Former President's, I just do not know who currently holds the position

Lurch. From the Addams Family. Duh.

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
4/26/13 4:02 p.m.

Come on guys why are you beating up the VP its not like he's a plagiarist or anything. Oh the SoS, I love that guy with 4 purple hearts and all.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
4/26/13 4:07 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Just FYI: I wasn't trying to assert that anyone is "stupid" for not knowing who the current secretary of state is. I know plenty of smart people who've thrown up their hands and decided they're done paying attention to politics.

Wouldn't have accused you of it. Just using it as a litmus test of, "Am I a dumbberkeley blowhard who doesn't pay nearly as much attention to current affairs and politics as I think I do."

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
4/26/13 4:17 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote:
poopshovel wrote: Just FYI: I wasn't trying to assert that anyone is "stupid" for not knowing who the current secretary of state is. I know plenty of smart people who've thrown up their hands and decided they're done paying attention to politics.
Wouldn't have accused you of it. Just using it as a litmus test of, "Am I a dumbberkeley blowhard who doesn't pay nearly as much attention to current affairs and politics as I think I do."

Oh, I know you didn't. Just didn't want anyone else to think that was the case. And I'm not trying to come off like some kind of berkeleying scholar. I spend a lot of time in the car. It's a good excuse to stay up on current events.

Also, I wasn't trying to turn this into a political thread, so like, quit it, shiny happy people.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
4/26/13 4:20 p.m.

What we need is a three party system. I predict a landslide win for the Idiot-cratican party in 2016.

ransom
ransom UltraDork
4/26/13 4:22 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Also, I wasn't trying to turn this into a political thread, so like, quit it, shiny happy people.

As this thread showed from the beginning, there is no shortage of stuff we can all agree is berkeleying idiotic no matter where you fall politically...

United in frustration.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/26/13 4:37 p.m.

I blame Canada personally......

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/26/13 11:35 p.m.

I blame Canada for being so easy to blame

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/27/13 12:12 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to moparman76_69: Easiest answer there is Egypt.......dipE36 M3s.

Mexico kinda jumps out too...

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
4/27/13 1:36 a.m.

In reply to Javelin: But mexico sucks.

Can we play a different game, which nation has the most letter a's in its name?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/27/13 5:16 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
yamaha wrote: In reply to moparman76_69: Easiest answer there is Egypt.......dipE36 M3s.
Mexico kinda jumps out too...

Greece or chile or Belgium or turkey or Jesus berkeleying Christ that one dude said Rome. Ugh

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
4/27/13 5:54 a.m.

I handed an employee a password reset email yesterday. He can back and asked me if he needed to use a regular 1 or a capital 1 in the password.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
4/27/13 6:30 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Saudi Arabia, Madagascar

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
4/27/13 7:06 a.m.
Appleseed wrote:

God, the horrors of engineering mid-terms just came crashing back... there are some things I miss about college, actual college isn't one of them.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UberDork
4/27/13 7:36 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Javelin: But mexico sucks. Can we play a different game, which nation has the most letter a's in its name?

That's so easy! Alabama!

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
4/27/13 7:36 a.m.
yamaha wrote: I blame Canada personally......

I don't think you need our help.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
4/27/13 7:37 a.m.

Canada? Hah! We may be a buncha rubes, but at least we don't have 57 channels of reality shows. Also- Kardashians.

JoeyM
JoeyM MegaDork
4/27/13 7:42 a.m.
Lesley wrote: Canada? Hah! We may be a buncha rubes, but at least we don't have 57 channels of reality shows. Also- Kardashians.

We have too many, and are happy to loan you a few of them. Heck you can keep them, even. We'll never notice.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
4/27/13 8:28 a.m.

You should see some our reality shows. They're pretty tame, but not goofy or retarded (at least the ones I know of).

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vjCH7AwuFml7SA0wuG3h67iBw3mpDYruaWTrwLIvPQuSf2k0DcKIFggElWFRgY8I