1 2
Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
3/14/15 7:45 p.m.

My wife and I went out with another couple tonight. We met at a pub, had a nice dinner, hung out for a bit and were home by 8:15. The worst part is we met up early because there was a live band playing tonight and we wanted to get out before it got too loud.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
3/14/15 8:21 p.m.

Now that I get up at 5:00am I like to have lights out by 10:00pm. What's next? 4:30pm early bird dinners?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/14/15 8:39 p.m.

Agree

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
3/14/15 9:14 p.m.

Son of a bitch.

I guess I'm old, too. (47)

It doesn't help me feel any less old, either, that I ordered bifocals last week.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
3/14/15 9:55 p.m.

It gets worse. Just wait until your hips and/or knees force you to give up 3 pedal cars.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
3/14/15 10:06 p.m.

Yeah I'm old, but I've got stories to tell and the memories that go with them. It ain't over till its over

travellering
travellering Reader
3/14/15 10:21 p.m.

In reply to M2Pilot: looks like you timed it about right. You can't drive 'em, and the rest of us can hardly buy 'em anymore...

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
3/14/15 10:45 p.m.

I like my afternoon naps. It's the only way I can stay up till 10PM. I too get up at 5AM and that's easier than it use to be. Bladder is my alarm clock now.
Been wearing bifocals for a few years now.
Gawd, I'm old.
At least I can still drive a stick. Getting in and out of the car can get tricky sometime with my shot knees.
And do I have stories. Most I won't even tell my kids.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
3/14/15 10:50 p.m.
M2Pilot wrote: It gets worse. Just wait until your hips and/or knees force you to give up 3 pedal cars.

My father has had 6 hip replacements and is about to have number 7 in a month.. he still drives a 3 pedal car

stroker
stroker SuperDork
3/14/15 11:26 p.m.

Don't worry about "too loud".... Most bands suck so you were better off leaving. At least it wasn't karaoke.

Driven5
Driven5 HalfDork
3/15/15 12:45 a.m.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
3/15/15 1:38 a.m.

I read an article the other day about "Strange things that happen to you after 30"

The one that hit home was: "If you're not already out of the house by 8:00pm, you're not going out"

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
3/15/15 7:37 a.m.

Did you know that the chart for compulsory distributions from your IRAs goes all the way to an age of 114? I have almost as much time left as I've used up so far.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad Dork
3/15/15 8:03 a.m.

I'm old(ish) I guess. When we were buying tickets to a concert for tonight (Sunday gasp!) we chose the 8 show instead of the 11 'cause, you know, work Monday.

Seeing Prince in Louisville BTW so go ahead and be jealous.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
3/15/15 8:04 a.m.

I helped my brother move yesterday. His new house is near the coast and 12' off the ground. I don't feel old, I feel dead.

The worst part about getting older, is it takes days to recover from stupid, instead of hours.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
3/15/15 8:29 a.m.

I have been listening to the oldies station in the car at work. they play hits like this one from way back in 1997.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
3/15/15 8:53 a.m.

When I think oldies, I think doo-wop music.

We met another similar age couple for dinner about a month ago. They were thrilled when we suggested we meet for 5 at the restaurant, and said everybody wants to eat at eight, and the earliest we can usually get them down to is seven, but we would prefer six

Went to a function last night that didn't start until nine, and we arrived at ten. By the time we got home and to bed, it was after three. That's just too late.

grafmiata
grafmiata SuperDork
3/15/15 8:56 a.m.

My brother's band used to play what became known as "Geezer-Pleaser" shows.

Being a blues band, most of their fans were "older" and didn't want to be out until 2:30am.

So instead of their usual 10pm-2:30am show, they would play from 7 to 11pm.

The band would then collect their usual check, and the bar would then have a couple college bands play for the door the rest of the night for the "kids".

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
3/15/15 8:57 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: Seeing Prince in Louisville BTW so go ahead and be jealous.

Prince? Now that dude is OLD!

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
3/15/15 10:43 a.m.

I drove a Toyota Avalon last week and liked it. I win.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/15/15 11:07 a.m.

I am working for the resistance. I try to do all the stupid things I've always done and then I pretend it doesn't hurt more. I hold the menu at arms length to read the specials so I don't need glasses. I might be a little happy that everyone else wants to go home at 10PM but I'll still make fun of them and if I can get just one person to turn and stay to close the bar ... I'll spend the whole next day squinting thru a terrible headache while pretending it was awesome. When I lay on my garage floor to hoist a transmission or twist into a pretzel to weld a cage tube in I tell myself I don't need any help. When I run a foot race I accept the age bracket classification only as a formality.

Now if you will excuse me... I have to go ski the terrain park with a 12yr old before we run out of snow. I'm sure it will be great. I have the knees of a much younger man ;)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/15/15 11:52 a.m.
Lesley wrote: I drove a Toyota Avalon last week and liked it. I win.

I bought a Chrysler Town & Country last month, and I love it...

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
3/15/15 1:40 p.m.

Did you get a "anything else, Sir"?

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
3/15/15 1:48 p.m.

Ma'm. It's the kiss of death.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/15/15 2:08 p.m.

It's polite.