1 2
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/5/24 10:51 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
RevRico said:

In reply to pointofdeparture :

A rap beef without bulletproofed cars and rolling 30 deep to your own show is like a drag race without parachutes, sure it counts, but are you really trying?

So, 99% of the Challenge competitors haven't been trying?

Bulletproof glass is heavy and bringing 30+ to crew on the car is impractical and prohibitively expensive. I think the Challengers are doing it right.

No Time
No Time UberDork
5/5/24 11:05 p.m.

In reply to pointofdeparture :

My soon to be 15yo has been educating me on this feud. While my main interest is that it's a bonding point with him, I've found his explanations and the YT videos give me a new respect for the rappers. 

There a lot of inside digs (20 v 1, 1 v 20), references to past events, cosmetic surgery (fake abs?), and even details like playing on times used to drop songs (6:16). 

I never paid attention to it before, but I have a new appreciation for what they are putting into the lyrics. That doesn't mean I'm going to start listening to it when I'm alone in the car, I'll still be listening to Buffett, Zeppelin, Stones, Greenday, Nirvana, etc, but I no longer view rap the same. 

johndej
johndej UltraDork
5/5/24 11:24 p.m.
AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve HalfDork
5/6/24 8:45 a.m.

For those of us who aren't totally up to date on current rap feuds but are actually interested in the subject matter of this thread, what is the basic context of this beef?

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
5/6/24 10:00 a.m.

So....

This is pretty much the modern version of two guys in the trailer park, taking their shirts off, strutting around and talking trash but too scared to actually get in a fight. Right?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
5/6/24 11:19 a.m.
AMiataCalledSteve said:

For those of us who aren't totally up to date on current rap feuds but are actually interested in the subject matter of this thread, what is the basic context of this beef?

I am not 100% sure because I don't really care but my understanding is Drake decided to kick off some beef for some reason and now Kendrick and them are responding. Drake, being a clown, did it in the most clown fashion possible. Nearest I can tell it's like when someone tries to beef with Eminem. You don't do it because you're gonna win. You don't beat Em in a battle. You DO however, get mentions and people to listen to your music, and that drives metrics. All people in the record business care about these days is subs. Even wack streams are streams. 

No Time
No Time UberDork
5/6/24 11:38 a.m.

As Mndsm said a lot of it is for attention, and there's no such thing as bad publicity. 

It seems like "Pearl Fountain" on YT give a good breakdown of the content of the songs, but I'm not completely sure of the origins. 

In this video is seems like Drake is looking to start with every one (NSFW - as expected):

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon SuperDork
5/6/24 11:51 a.m.

I don't really care what the background is on the beef but it has Kendrick writing and in the studio so I'm here for it.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a2p8Z9GMca1S416E7ryaJipiEx1ffculp7vyCzIg08uOJMWpuCTuJYp4zAl69ncU