1 2 3
slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/17/20 8:58 a.m.

Checked the IRS site again today, still getting "Payment Status Not Available" as a response. My guess is that since all my income is 1099 based and I always pay via wire transfer from my checking account, they don't keep those banking records once the money is transferred. I haven't had a tax refund in over five years, so they don't have a direct deposit record for me.

Of course today they updated the IRS site to state "The Get My Payment site is operating smoothly and effectively. " which is government speak for "completely FUBAR".

ThurdFerguson (Freeloader)
ThurdFerguson (Freeloader) Reader
4/17/20 9:53 a.m.

I saw an article this morning that said some won't get them dd, they'll be mailed a check.  Those include people who had to pay tax last year or this year even if they paid by direct bank draft.  IRS will still mail a check so it will be awhile.  So I'm waiting on a check.

I saw the article here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/16/politics/why-didnt-i-get-my-stimulus-money/index.html

Disclaimer:  I don't read CNN, a link popped up on my twitter feed this morning.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
4/17/20 10:08 a.m.

I checked the IRS site and they say my status cant be determined. I filed last year, paid by draft from my checking account and I'm under the threshold.  

We arent hurting though, so it's not that big a deal. But I would like to get it before I pay this years taxes.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/17/20 1:56 p.m.

I checked the IRS website and they say I am eligible, but not for how much.  They also say they don't have enough information to process my direct deposit, despite the fact that 10 days ago they managed to receive almost $5000 of my hard-earned dollars from my saving account that way.

Given our AGIs I'm not expecting much if any of my own money back.  It's fine.  I'd honestly rather it go to someone whose job evaporated or who can't WFH.

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/17/20 2:00 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Friend of a friend - wife is a CPA, he is a Pharm.D, so high income - just got theirs for $1,586.32. Appears that they're doing the phase out down to the penny. I don't know why that surprises me other than I read that it is decreased $5 for every $100 in income over the threshold. 

Yes they are. We got $.40 (plus 500/kid). Straight into the bank account, no effort/notification/fanfare.

trucke
trucke SuperDork
4/17/20 2:51 p.m.

We got ours Wednesday 4/15.  It was based on our 2018 return.  I know because a dependent turned 17 in 2019, so we lost a deduction for her.  But gained an extra $500 by not basing the EIP on our 2019 return.

But they cannot seem to release my tax refund which was filed in February.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
4/19/20 10:02 a.m.

We have paid a tax bill to the IRS via bank draft the last couple years. No stimulus deposit thus far and the IRS site says no update available - but we're lucky. Still working. My paycheck got a haircut and some of my peers (10% of a company with 1,500 prior) were laid off with dreadful prospects in the days ahead.

I hate that many people who got forced out of work in mid March are still waiting for this help. Good old government efficiency. 

One thing I didn't expect - this has triggered some good conversation with my 19yo college student about careers that might offer some stability... and that it's not ALL about the paycheck. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/19/20 10:20 a.m.

My father got his check this week and it was directly deposited into his bank account  

Of course, he died last summer, a couple of months after filing his taxes. 

Now I need to figure out how to give this back properly, as I’m sure they’re going to want it.  Probably not going to be all that straightforward though. 

I thought I was just about done with the arduous task of settling his estate. I guess we need to keep this wound open a little bit longer. 

John Welsh (Forum Supporter)
John Welsh (Forum Supporter) Mod Squad
4/19/20 10:29 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Speak to the bank. Can the bank reverse the check or in other words, deny the deposit?

Like claiming an unauthorized transaction. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/19/20 10:44 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh (Forum Supporter) :

Probably not. It had already cleared before I knew it had happened. 

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/24/20 9:21 a.m.

After what was starting to feel like an exercise in futility, my daily check of the IRS site finally paid off. I was finally able to move past the "new phone, who 'dis" screen and input my banking information. Now to see if they actually deposit the money.

ThurdFerguson (Freeloader)
ThurdFerguson (Freeloader) Reader
4/24/20 10:09 a.m.
slefain said:

After what was starting to feel like an exercise in futility, my daily check of the IRS site finally paid off. I was finally able to move past the "new phone, who 'dis" screen and input my banking information. Now to see if they actually deposit the money.

Thank you for posting this, I was also able to enter my info for direct depsoit.  Who knows how long I would have waited for a paper check to be mailed.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/24/20 10:54 a.m.

Yep, your post made me check and I was able to put my info in. fingers crossed!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/24/20 11:18 a.m.
Duke said:

I checked the IRS website and they say I am eligible, but not for how much.  They also say they don't have enough information to process my direct deposit, despite the fact that 10 days ago they managed to receive almost $5000 of my hard-earned dollars from my saving account that way.

Still haven't gotten anything and they are still claiming they don't have enough bank information to process it, according to that website link.  Funny how they had enough information to TAKE my money from the same account earlier this month.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/24/20 12:01 p.m.

I'll have to try logging into the IRS site.  Hadn't thought about that.

Fortunately, I'm still working and can afford to wait, so I'm too concerned about when the $ arrives.

In the meantime, it looks like my car insurance company (Nationwide) took a cue from State Farm and sent out a modest refund of $50.  That'll buy my pizza for the next few weeks for my Friday evening Zoom meeting with my MINI club friends. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/24/20 5:45 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

I've got 5 cars, a house, and a life with State Farm, hardly ever file claims, and those berkers haven't sent me a penny back.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
4/24/20 8:58 p.m.

Well when I finally managed to login to the irs site, it wouldn't let me setup direct deposit information for whatever error code. Then I couldn't get in for a few days. When I got back it, it said my check would be mailed out today, I anticipated a June delivery. I got back from working on the new house today and there was a check from the gubmint in the mailbox. I'm impressed. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YM7gMoQpdozdrCA8FJvUcNURi9GuUsWPv47o8agsQZyC1SDTZNsZRwgJFNSTBm0J