1 2
DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
11/9/13 9:19 a.m.

Ok, a man is imprisoned for 35 years for a murder he didn't commit. Pretty amazing.
Man is released after former fellow inmate starts petition for is release. Pretty amazing.
Man who is wrongfully imprisoned for more than a quarter century has the attitude "mistakes happen. I'm just happy to be out." Pretty amazing.
Now, maybe this says something about me, but the part that sticks out in my head is his name.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/9/13 9:22 a.m.

Really? That's his name?

patgizz
patgizz UberDork
11/9/13 10:12 a.m.
mndsm wrote: Really? That's his name?

and an awesome name it is.

it takes quite a man to know all he had to do was say he did it and he was sorry at a parole hearing to keep saying he was innocent, knowing it would keep him in prison.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/9/13 11:05 a.m.

I'd rather be in jail and be innocent, then be found guilty of something I didn't do.

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
11/9/13 12:05 p.m.
mndsm wrote: I'd rather be in jail and be innocent, then be found guilty of something I didn't do.

I feel the same way, but I've never spent a minute in prison. That's a strong man to insist he's innocent for 35 years of hell.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non HalfDork
11/9/13 12:30 p.m.

The witness should go to jail for lying.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/9/13 12:54 p.m.
DrBoost wrote:
mndsm wrote: I'd rather be in jail and be innocent, then be found guilty of something I didn't do.
I feel the same way, but I've never spent a minute in prison. That's a strong man to insist he's innocent for 35 years of hell.

It's not as terrible as the TV makes it seem. I've known people.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
11/9/13 1:14 p.m.
mndsm wrote: It's not as terrible as the TV makes it seem. I've known people.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
11/9/13 2:20 p.m.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
11/9/13 4:43 p.m.

Are you registered sir?

WHY YES I AM!

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
11/9/13 4:49 p.m.
mndsm wrote: It's not as terrible as the TV makes it seem. I've known people.

Depends a whole lot on where you are, and the alliances you make.

There's also a world of difference between a jail and a prison.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
11/9/13 5:13 p.m.

Wait, he isn't immediately suing the state for a few million bucks?

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
11/9/13 5:24 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Wait, he isn't immediately suing the state for a few million bucks?

My first thought too

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
11/9/13 6:00 p.m.

I'm sure some shyster will find him ….

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
11/9/13 6:09 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
DrBoost wrote:
It's not as terrible as the TV makes it seem. I've known people.

I'm sure lots of places aren't as bad as TV makes it seem. But I don't want to be in the best prison that murder would land you in haha.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
11/9/13 7:47 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: The witness should go to jail for lying.

And they should share a cell with the cops that hid the evidence.

Will
Will Dork
11/9/13 8:25 p.m.

Aren't those 2 choices the exact same thing?

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/9/13 8:58 p.m.
Will wrote:

He would have been out on parole way earlier if he copped to it.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
11/9/13 11:03 p.m.

i wonder how he will adjust to life on the outside after being inside for so long? the world is a very, very different place than it was the last time he was out in it, and i wouldn't be too shocked to find out in a couple of years that he wound up getting into trouble just to get back in to the life that he's known for so long.

fasted58
fasted58 PowerDork
11/9/13 11:09 p.m.

Wonder what will happen to the witnesses? Obviously, perjury should be charged. Can Mr. Register sue them?

That is a cool name btw.

jcp907
jcp907 New Reader
11/9/13 11:47 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: Wait, he isn't immediately suing the state for a few million bucks?

Mom alway's knew he'd Kash out.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 Dork
11/10/13 8:40 a.m.
Will wrote:

No, that is correct.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
11/10/13 11:18 a.m.

The best choice would be guilty and hiding on a Beach somewhere. As far as suing this is probably one occasion where he should be entitled to a few bucks. At least from the lying witness and police .

DrBoost
DrBoost PowerDork
11/10/13 11:21 a.m.

I watched a documentary about 5 or 6 people that were wrongfully convicted, some for more innocent reasons, but most were downright setup or railroaded. When they got out they basically got nothing. No money, no settlement, no job, nothing. I hope Kash Register finds his way.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
11/10/13 11:34 a.m.
DrBoost wrote: I watched a documentary about 5 or 6 people that were wrongfully convicted, some for more innocent reasons, but most were downright setup or railroaded. When they got out they basically got nothing. No money, no settlement, no job, nothing. I hope Kash Register finds his way.

I bet he's got a few bucks on the talk show circuit, and a book, and POSSIBLY a movie out of the deal. Maybe something on lifetime? Are made for TV movies a thing anymore?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ocyYU3on33pBhB527DhH4N9xGDlNjpcxUyibHtK9g33RQLnUIVq297YedQXo5QYd