bustedplug
bustedplug New Reader
7/30/16 11:38 a.m.

just because you own a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
7/30/16 11:45 a.m.

Why can't this E36 M3 ever go according to plan? Should have been a simple shackles to sliders conversion, but has turned into a major ordeal.

wae
wae Dork
7/30/16 12:21 p.m.

I realize this is the most ridiculous thing to rant about. After I ranted for about 5 minutes on this topic to my wife, she was giving me that look that you give the crazy homeless guy when he decides to talk to you. But, as I was watching the Spa 24 coverage I couldn't help but rant about this because it has driven me nuts for as long as I can remember. Plus it was a really long safety car so there wasn't much else to think or talk about...

When you're at a sporting event and look up to the jumbotron to see your stupid mug larger than life, it makes you want to wave. I get it. But for crying out loud, don't you notice right away that you aren't waving at anyone but yourself? For the love of all that is holy, turn to face the camera that is capturing your image and wave in that direction. That's how TV works. If you can't be bothered to do that, just sit there and admire yourself for a while and contemplate how awesome you look while not waving away from the people that are looking at you.

I'm gonna go take my meds now.

bustedplug
bustedplug New Reader
7/30/16 2:40 p.m.

65 degree birdsmouth (really, you know for all those parallelogram 2x4's) and not just one whoops , but every Berkeley-ing rafter. I'm gonna go stab myself in the eye now.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
8/1/16 9:58 p.m.

if you are going to take a leak in the stall instead of at the urinal, lock the door behind you. If you do this, the chances of me opening the door in a hurry and smacking you in the ass with it are greatly reduced.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UberDork
8/2/16 7:38 a.m.

In reply to wae:

Agreed.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/2/16 8:57 a.m.

Too many cool cheap cars out there, too little time, too little space.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
8/2/16 10:00 a.m.

My back is still killing me from my "easy money" gig on Sunday.

On the plus side, I'm gonna go check out a '93 Trooper and a '94 LS400 this weekend to possibly press into "beater" service.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
8/2/16 11:52 a.m.

In reply to wae: This also applies to people giving briefings/lectures that use a projector. Pointing the remote at the screen and wondering why the slide didn't change when you press the next slide button. Point the remote at the source, usually the projector works a lot better and quicker.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/2/16 12:04 p.m.

My appointment that should have taken all day was done by lunch.

Now I have to figure out how to schedule the next 4 hours...

Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
8/2/16 12:25 p.m.

I had to drive 1.5 hrs to attend a 10 minute meeting that could've been an email.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/2/16 12:47 p.m.

I got out of bed this morning... and just kept on going. I've had some mild back pain for the past week or so, but basically this morning 'straight' wasn't a thing which I could accomplish.

It's a good thing the seats in this modern luxury car are so comfy. Oh wait...

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
8/2/16 12:49 p.m.

I've just had a third pigeon E36 M3 on my today. Twice to the head, once on the back. Thank God the day is almost over.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/2/16 12:54 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: I've just had a third pigeon E36 M3 on my today. Twice to the head, once on the back. Thank God the day is almost over.

Down south, police departments used to have pigeon shoots in the downtown areas to thin out the nasty varmints. Of course PETA got involved and the shoots stopped. Those A--holes need to go inside some of the abandoned buildings I do.

RevRico
RevRico HalfDork
8/2/16 1:37 p.m.

My IBS always picks the best times to act up. It's like it knows when I have a time limit to meet.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
8/2/16 2:55 p.m.

berkeley you motherberkeleying UPS. berkeley YOU! This is the 5th time in 3 weeks that UPS "made" an attempt to deliver my package with out leaving a note or being in my neighborhood to begin with and I was HOME. Tracking says out for delivery since 5:30am. "1st attempt made but could not get the package ready", say what?, I have been home and I could get the package out of your van. I needed that package TODAY. It was supposed to be here yesterday but it got held up somehow in Raleigh NC since Saturday? (here's some other messed up part, last week they delivered one box but somehow box #2 was an "attempted" delivery without a note). The week before that was another first attempt and statement says no adult around to sign for required package. It was a freaking envelope from Amazon holding the new iPhone case protector. Next day it was left on my front porch....Hey, wait a minute, I thought I had to sign for this stuff. You said so in your statement. BullE36 M3. I have been ordering parts left and right for the BMW E30 and Volvo 144. Even ordered new iPhones for me and my wife. Ordered a bunch a crap from Amazon too. Fed Ex has been perfect. USPS kinda but they forgot to deliver the package when handing over the mail. She didn't want to drive back to my house after she realized what she did. (She told me this the next day ).UPS, what a piece of E36 M3. Better yet, my "gut" feeling says it's the driver being motherberkeleying lazy making the rounds. Yeah, I'm the last neighborhood for the day but you still got businesses to hit after that until you reach the highway to head back to home base. Why do I always see your brown box at the local lunch place that is typically a bar. Hmmmm. Now, I am telling everyone to send it to me via Fed Ex or USPS.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
8/2/16 3:19 p.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non:

I'm sure its different in different neighborhoods, but if I have the option of UPS or walking to Indiana for a package, I'll walk.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' Dork
8/2/16 3:30 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: I've just had a third pigeon E36 M3 on my today. Twice to the head, once on the back. Thank God the day is almost over.

Sorry pal, I'll move over a couple blocks.

Wall-e
Wall-e MegaDork
8/2/16 3:50 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

It's worse than Peta. Some woman comes out with a giant sack of bread and spends the day tearing it up and throwing it around the neighborhood making sure every pigeon in the city gets fed.

RevRico
RevRico HalfDork
8/2/16 5:07 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

Think anyone would notice or care if they saw you tossing out dexcool green breadcrumbs for them?

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
8/2/16 5:27 p.m.
RevRico wrote: My IBS always picks the best times to act up. It's like it knows when I have a time limit to meet.

You know, there may be a grain of truth to that.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
8/2/16 6:56 p.m.
RevRico wrote: My IBS always picks the best times to act up. It's like it knows when I have a time limit to meet.

it does.. when I have to run a followspot, I can't eat all day to limit what my crohnes does.. and I still wind up heading to the toilet half a dozen times before the start of the show..

Once the show starts, I am fine, but the stress leading up to it kills me

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/2/16 8:01 p.m.
mtn wrote: Dear wife: the light switches can also be used to turn the lights off. No, it doesn't cost much on the electric bill, but it all adds up.

And kids and latly I am begin in to suspect that the dog I turning them on.

I started calling them on off switches. When asked why I tell them that they seem to have forgotten the off part.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
8/2/16 8:55 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

time for timers?

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
8/2/16 10:02 p.m.

berkeleying Overwatch.
Makes me feel like E36 M3 and go to bed angry most nights, can't stop playing.
And berkeleying Blizzard insists on jerking off on idiocy like Lucioball and Olympics skins instead of fixing their myriad balance and gameplay issues.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yHa84YtgztuNhqcEkrXOgqQ5zbVhWCO3mr9o05M4OKvWbXl90YPcB5h01c27RZtG