ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
8/26/16 11:38 a.m.

Been dealing with morons and buttholes on the roads all week. No less than 3 cars just stopped in the road for no reason. Many idiots running 10 or more under the limit. Dumbass tractor trailer driver doing 40 on the interstate. One idiot drives up to a green light and stops. Another runs a red light to get in front of me, then drives 20 mph. I really need to get a dash cam. When they haul me off to jail for assault, at least everyone will know why.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun SuperDork
8/26/16 11:58 a.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Pacers. I can't stand 'em.

Oh, c'mon... they weren't THAT bad of a car...

Well, OK- never mind.

Did find this French (unsurprisingly) ad for them rather amusing though...

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
8/26/16 2:22 p.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯ and Appleseed:

Sounds like a good reason to chow on some Taco Bell. I haven't seen their menu in a while- do they offer a sauerkraut burrito? Or a boiled egg taco?

I want to be sure I'm well armed

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
8/26/16 2:37 p.m.

My brother is getting married tomorrow. The entire extended family is descending on the region like a pack of drunken college students, they are fun but loud and insistent that we all spend every moment together carousing.

Annoyingly I'm the best man and have some responsibilities and the bride is getting just a bit bridezilla about "her day".

Upshot: I like parties, but I hate big weddings. Just get it done so we can hang out and have some fun!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
8/26/16 2:38 p.m.

In reply to paranoid_android74:

Look up "Taco Bell secret menu" and pick the worst thing you can find.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun SuperDork
8/26/16 3:27 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and Appleseed: Sounds like a good reason to chow on some Taco Bell. I haven't seen their menu in a while- do they offer a sauerkraut burrito? Or a boiled egg taco? I want to be sure I'm well armed

All bean burritos, all the time. If you get there early enough, you can probably get it with some of the eggs they put in the breakfast menu in it too for that extra sulfur kick!

RevRico
RevRico Dork
8/26/16 3:30 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad:

Are they at least letting you officiate it with your recent ordaining?

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
8/26/16 7:46 p.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯ and Ashyukun:

"All men must choose between two paths. Good is the path of honour, heroism, and nobility. Evil... well, it's just cooler."

Mua ha ha ha!

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/27/16 1:18 a.m.

Moving.

This would be a lot easier if my wife would stop asking me what I'm doing and just worried about packing herself. Or just let me pack up everything. We put E36 M3 in boxes. We package it so the E36 M3 doesn't break. We then divide said E36 M3 (now in boxes) into two groups: 1) those things that we will need for the next week or that we don't trust movers to move, and 2) everything else.

Why is this so ducking hard? Just throw the stiff in the boxes!

And, I wanted to pack the kitchen 2 weeks ago. She didn't because we need to cook. We've used 3 pans in that time. Everything else could have been packed up. Jeevers is this annoying.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/27/16 7:08 a.m.

"Entering the Box". Trying to cross an intersection but not being able to gat past the crosswalk on the other side; intersection blocked.

Today is Travers at Saratoga, I expect to have my side street blocked off most of the day by tourists and only make progress through town when I blow a red light.

OK, rant off.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
8/27/16 9:56 a.m.

we have a NJ transit but that runs up and down Shore road from Somers Point to at least Pleasantville and some miles beyond. The other day I was attempting to cross Shore Road at a light when the bus passed through the intersection and stopped some lengths up to allow passengers to enter and exit. The people following were kind enough not to block the box. When the light turned to a green arrow for the people turning, those people blocked the box and I wound up waiting for the next light cycle.. as did everyone behind me. The guy blocking me directly just threw up his arms in a "I don't know" gesture.... yes you do know you idiot, you pulled out knowing you might not make it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/27/16 12:29 p.m.

60 hour work weeks blow.

It's freaking hot.

My feet hurt.

And I still have 4 hours to go.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
8/27/16 5:02 p.m.

Am I the only person who can't see the flashing of many modern cars' front turn signals? I keep getting surprised by vehicles proceeding through intersections in unexpected directions, only to notice, when they are at some odd angle relative to myself, that they did indeed have their signal on. Clear lenses and sunshine don't mix.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
8/27/16 7:31 p.m.

Dear BC drivers invading the states:
The 20 KPH over that you (all) do at home isn't the same as the 20 MPH over (most of) you insist on doing down here.
You're guests in our country, please act accordingly.
xoxo, Snow

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
8/28/16 1:47 a.m.

berkeleying berkeleying berkeleyety berkeley. Spend 5 events winning 3 of 5 features, and 8 of 10 heats to built a !16! point lead, go into tonight with new tires that need to be broken in, finish third 4 times (double feature night to make up for a rainout)and the points lead is a 7. Two events to go.

Sometimes I hate stock car racing.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' Dork
8/28/16 1:21 p.m.

Shortly after taking off on a South West flight earlier in the week, an announcement came over the PA indicating that peanuts would not be handed out as one of the passengers had an allergy to them. If you are allergic to peanuts, why would you book your flight on the airline that’s most famous for providing them…this was Burbank to Denver so there were plenty of competitive alternatives.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
8/28/16 2:19 p.m.

One of my cars in transit is stuck somewhere in LA. For three days now, why because someone hit the berkeleying truck that was carrying it and the shipper did not tell me.

I swear car shippers and brokers are the lowest of society, like untouchable bad. Plus the broker called and tried to weazle another 50-100$ out of me bacause they got hit.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
8/28/16 2:46 p.m.

I am wondering how long it is going to take to break me of my 20+ year old habit of using the backspace key to go back a page in the browser.

Google has killed that function. The new one is alt-left arrow. Great those keys are in different locations on pretty much every keyboard ever made. They want me to actually look down?

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
8/28/16 2:56 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K. Balls:

I was mad about that for about a week until I found there are extensions to make the backspace functional again.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
8/28/16 4:44 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Do tell?!?

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
8/28/16 4:49 p.m.

In reply to Jumper K. Balls:

Just go to settings then extensions in Chrome. Search for Back to Backspace and install it. Works just like it used to now.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
8/28/16 4:55 p.m.

Wow, and I never even knew you could use the backspace button for that purpose. I always click the back arrow on the screen, but I don't use chrome so not sure if it's there in that browser.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
8/28/16 5:30 p.m.

I have been using backspace key since Netscape navigator 1

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/28/16 5:35 p.m.

I was kicking ass right up until the migraine started.

Also, why is it so hard to find a good Ford v8 automatic transmission in challenge budget? They used to be all over for 50 bucks.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
8/28/16 5:46 p.m.
EvanB wrote: In reply to Jumper K. Balls: Just go to settings then extensions in Chrome. Search for Back to Backspace and install it. Works just like it used to now.

And done!

Thanks

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KzpAOaUzYqRUljeYPt0OBhJ43LbCXeQl6mrCgoBAJuT7yyYR6KdzBlRDkoAomNrM