Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
1/2/21 1:18 p.m.

Yep, I used to juice 7 days a week, walk 2-3 miles before work, eat a heavy plant-based diet and carefully keep a handle on my life.  I got lazy and this last year has been awful - bags of candy in my truck, extra food on the road, double or triple bags of lunch sized chips for lunch............  

Mr. Healthy motivated me with his lastest video.  Maybe he can add other videos about health this year?

Thank you Randy.

https://youtu.be/8VIdfQtM-3Y

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/2/21 8:46 p.m.

I'll be back on a calorie count starting Monday. I went from 221 on September 13, down to 204 in December. Put it all on hold and ate all the foods for the holidays. I'll get back on the scale on Monday morning. 

As for this video, I like it. My comments:

• I like freezing my greens if I'm going to put them in a smoothie. They blend better.
  • Apples in a smoothie are for flavor only - for the most part, they're pretty nutritionally void compared to other fruits. Better as a snack on their own than taking up calories in my smoothie.
  • For flax seed, chia seed, oatmeal, whatever seed or oat you're putting in your smoothie, put it in the blender before anything else and blend it to a powder. Then you don't have to worry about grinding it.
  • I am not a fan of hemp or hemp protein. It's expensive, and is a calorie heavy way to add protein to your diet.
  • I like to put everything in a cup first. I'll put the cup on the scale and start adding everything including water. This way I know I won't end up with too much smoothie, and I know the calorie count. 
spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/3/21 1:50 p.m.

This was my prompt to get a blender.

THanks for sharing the video.

I've known I need to enable myself to eat healthier for a while. This was a good kick in the ass.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IakQWGpLobXB8t4VN7S3TEnpXI17WbnyQrsfn3ncXe5gVSPT3nAdEuo864WQSHPx