7 8 9
Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
6/12/24 9:56 a.m.

Bringing this back from the dead. 

Needless to say I got stuck at 347 or so, life got busy, business got busy, the diet and exercise were soon forgotten, and the weight started easing up again. Not fast but over the last year I put back what I had lost plus another 10 pounds. My love of food is my downfall. I topped out at 370+ this time. 

To go along with this, my last blood screening officially put me in the diabetic range. You don't have to eat a lot of sugar for this to happen. This time I talked to my doctor. He suggested Mounjaro. It is a tirzepatide that encourages your pancreas to produce insulin. It also stops your liver from producing sugar and slows your digestive functions and makes you feel full faster. Primarily produced as a drug to control blood sugar, one of the side effects is it also helps with weight loss. Reports suggest it should help reduce body weight by 1/3. That would put me at about 250. Since I'm diabetic, insurance would pay for most of the cost. 

The silver lining does have a black cloud. There is a price to pay for that weight loss beyond the cost of the meds. If you ignore what your stomach is telling you and overeat, you will pay for it. Since your system is running slower, heartburn can last for days. Hours of discomfort, sour stomach, and sulfur burps that put a good fart to shame. It has taken some time to break my eating habits but break them I am. I am no longer a member of the Clean Plate Club. 

What it has done in the last month and a half is helped/forced me to eat significantly less. I'm down to 2 meals a day and they are fairly small. That has taken my weight from 370 to 359. That's a little under 2 pounds a week. That loss may accelerate as I get into the habit of eating less and less.  

I'll keep you posted on how this goes. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/13/24 10:31 a.m.

2lb a week should be your target. You should not look to accelerate above that rate, as when you lose weight you have less mass. You burn fewer calories doing the same thing. 2 lb a week is sustainable and it's not peaky and top heavy and you won't burn out from it restarting the cycle. 

7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eUj0PKXbR5watW0pHqoxHXjMPtiF5Mg27fSB6eTgeXVfrbCTGYu8QsLlgobIV2Vl