1 2
2002acr
2002acr New Reader
6/20/09 7:44 p.m.

Doesn't a VISA affiliated card resolve the problem with hotels, rental cars, etc.? It's worked for me. I just don't know how much dispute resolution it comes with.

Toyman01
Toyman01 Reader
6/21/09 7:30 a.m.
confuZion3 wrote:
John Brown wrote: Nope... todays lesson is don't carry credit cards. If you do you will be screwed regardless of whether you are a responsible party or not.
I don't have one, but I will soon. Did you know rental car agencies don't accept debit cards, cash, check, or any form of currency other than an ACTUAL credit card? Ask me how I know.

Rented a Enterprise car for three days a week ago. Reserved and paid with a debit card. No questions asked and no problems.

Personally I don't used credit cards. I run everything, business and personal, through debit cards. I just don't borrow money for anything except the house.

2002acr
2002acr New Reader
6/21/09 7:55 a.m.

That's a good way to be, unless you pay them off in 28 days, credit cards are evil.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/21/09 9:06 a.m.
2002acr wrote: That's a good way to be, unless you pay them off in 28 days, credit cards are evil.

and I do... and the credit card company pays me for using their product....

Now.. In college I set up some hotel rooms for my racing team. I did not have a credit card(I thought they were evil at the time) and I only had a debit card. They put an $800 hold on the card with the rooms, and then I couldn't purchase food for myself($800 was I all had) for a week, until I was able to clear it...

A couple other benefits of credit cards.

1. rental car insurance is free
  2. products are warrantied through my card... If it breaks, I complain to Amex and they stick the company with the bill
  3. I recently moved... The driver showed up to my house without a helper and I had to help him move. I paid for a full service move. So I went to Amex, told them to take $500 off of what the moving company charged me. I explained why and they took the money back... The moving company is pissed at me, but can't do jack cause I'm protected by AMEX.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o722uf4XI1emLkOW20G4cbA5IpCCv4GMIM75vig9RIee7RFCZRUSEmk1uBBXBCxt