1 2
PeteD
PeteD New Reader
7/26/17 4:59 p.m.

Stamped or stained concrete can also become damaged as in this pic: This has happened on the sidewalks around the town where I live in less than 10yrs (10 New England winters definitely a contributing factor). Since the dye isn't throughout the material, its quite difficult to repair & color-match.

My landscape architect recommended a concrete base and then pavers on top. That solves the problems (weeds, sinking, repairable surface), but with added expense for materials & labor.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/26/17 5:19 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
mad_machine wrote: I think Margie might be the best person to ask
ppppffffttt. Margie knows a slab is better.

Duh.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/26/17 5:21 p.m.

In reply to Enyar:

Wife wants pavers.

Pavers.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
7/26/17 10:33 p.m.

I went pavers for a couple of reasons. Most importantly, swmbo wanted pavers, so we went pavers. In addition, I own a plate compactor, a diesel tractor, and lots of tractor attachments but my stock of reliable, healthy, strong helpers is pretty limited. So the prep work for both being pretty much the same I was able (barely, getting old) to screed the sand and lay out the pavers myself at my own pace. With a concrete pour I would have had to have at least a couple of friends and a power screed to get a decent finish in 100 degree weather before the concrete set up on me, and I couldn't count on that.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4nU9tG3mY51yy7jQAhqW6KzahhsXozD8uG2DBsd5DjmmFYytpYONLOlqYwcU12Wj