3 4 5
einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/28/24 12:43 p.m.

Hyundai / Kia's propensity for some years now to put the rear turn signal lights at lower bumper height, vs. with the rest of the taillight assembly.  Why, I have no idea as the only person who can see them operate is the one person directly behind the blasted car.  Unfortunately, I'm now seeing this awesome placement start to show up on other brands' vehicles.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/28/24 1:50 p.m.

In reply to einy (Forum Supporter) :

The NTSB does not allow turn signals on movable parts, hatches tail gates, etc... So Hyundai had to put them somewhere else to be allowed to sell the car in the US.

Doesn't make for an elegant solution, however.

*edit* I think I should have said Dept. of Transportation. Lets just say gubmint.

j_tso
j_tso Dork
8/28/24 2:03 p.m.

Need to change that law and bring back the trafficator. 

6 Trafficator Stock Pictures, Editorial Images and Stock Photos |  Shutterstock Editorial

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/28/24 2:45 p.m.

I have always deeply hated the "tunnel gauge" fad that came about in the 00's.  The stupid tube obscures your view of the gauges and also blocked light.  Its one of the many reasons I absolutely hated the toyota tundra.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
8/28/24 3:56 p.m.
einy (Forum Supporter) said:

Hyundai / Kia's propensity for some years now to put the rear turn signal lights at lower bumper height, vs. with the rest of the taillight assembly.  Why, I have no idea as the only person who can see them operate is the one person directly behind the blasted car.  Unfortunately, I'm now seeing this awesome placement start to show up on other brands' vehicles.

Yeah, I own one of these, and I hate it, too. Looks awful. Just stick them in the tail light assemblies like everyone else does! Instead, I have these "pods" sticking out of the bumper with reverse lamps and turn signals. And on non-black cars, the surrounds are black, so it looks even worse! 

WHY YOU DO THIS KIA/HYUNDAI!!!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/28/24 4:35 p.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

The answer is 3 posts up. wink

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
8/28/24 4:52 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Yeah, I know, I just felt like yelling on the internet. laugh

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
8/28/24 5:16 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Put them on the fixed, fender side.

Driven5
Driven5 PowerDork
8/28/24 10:21 p.m.
Appleseed said:

How so? Only half the 'tail light' is on still on the movable part. They could just add easily have done like everybody else has since the advent of tail lights on movable parts, and simply stick it in the stationary half.

Which brings me to another one: While it looks good when not in use, I hate when manufacturers make the blinker just flashing one of the brake lights on... Or in the case of the brake lights being on, flashing one of the brake lights off.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/29/24 3:54 a.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

I didn't design it, man. I just tell you why.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/29/24 12:21 p.m.
prodarwin said:
Appleseed said:

Put them on the fixed, fender side.

This ... !!!!

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners