2 3 4 5
Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/12/16 3:31 p.m.

sigh. I am drinking tonight and it's you people's fault. Also, it's 80 degrees here today. Take that, idjits.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/12/16 3:32 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
Marjorie Suddard wrote:
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: I want to name every storm.. but I want them all to be Tim. Because tim sounds so non threatening. "Tim is rolling into Cleveland tomorrow".. Doesn't that sound pleasant.
I know a Tim that can wreak some havoc...
Brown chicken brown cow! Sorry, can't disengage juvenile mind.
I am so glad someone else said it because I was sure thinking it!

I wasn't! Before.

Augh.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
12/12/16 3:49 p.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: sigh. I am drinking tonight and it's you people's fault. Also, it's 80 degrees here today. Take that, idjits.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN "YOU PEOPLE"? lol

codrus
codrus SuperDork
12/12/16 3:52 p.m.
D2W wrote: A few years ago my oldest son was stationed at the Marine base in Yuma, AZ. It was February, and miserably cold and windy here. We were talking on the phone and I was bitching about the cold and he said it was kinda cold there too. I asked what it was and he said a chilly 76. Point of view I guess.

Have you ever been to Yuma? The fact that it's 76 in the winter doesn't make up for the rest of it. :)

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
12/12/16 8:37 p.m.

They are forecasting 18° here Thursday night. It's beginning to feel a bit polar vortex-y.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
12/12/16 9:13 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

They say we will get down to 29.

I don't believe them.

I'm pretty sure winter was canceled.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
12/14/16 5:40 p.m.

Well below zero tomorrow night.

Looks like a good ice racing season.

All of the lakes but one that we race on are froze over.

We don't need so much snow though.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
12/14/16 5:56 p.m.

Supposed to be 17 here. I don't believe it.

And damn you all for making me Google brown chicken brown cow.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
12/14/16 8:39 p.m.

In the single digits in Chicago right now, and with the wind it's berkeleying cold. Fortunately work is sending me to Florida next week, probably to thaw out...

dropstep
dropstep Dork
12/14/16 9:41 p.m.

Supposed to be 1 degree at 8am when i get too work. Windchill of -20. Winter has made its way back too ohio.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
12/15/16 4:09 a.m.

This damn "Polar Vortex" has forced me to rent a car. The Grand Caravan conked out last night (gut-hunch says it's the 02 sensor). If the weather was warmer, I'd drive the Spitfire for a couple of days, but with highs in the 20's and the fact the area DOT's have already started putting brine on the roads, the Spit is staying home.

So now I'm driving a rental Camry... and cursing the fact my lazy ass hasn't fixed the TDI yet. Fortunately, I get a corporate rate through my company, but still...

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/15/16 7:41 a.m.

-9 this morning while commuting to work.

Yeah been a few years since I felt that cold.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltimaDork
12/15/16 8:41 a.m.

Midwest people, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Saturday is supposed to be warm (and rainy, but I'm ok with that). We're trying to thread the needle getting from Texas to Michigan and it looks like a window of oppoetunity is presenting itself.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
12/15/16 9:06 a.m.

Too many memories of Ohio winters, but now, Bradenton FL is 78 and sunny. Hehheh.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/15/16 9:15 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

Heck, Saturday is also supposed to be warm, with rain. They are telling us to clear the snow as early as possible, to avoid letting it get too wet. Will be an interesting change from the 8-12F we have now.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/15/16 9:19 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: Midwest people, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Saturday is supposed to be warm (and rainy, but I'm ok with that). We're trying to thread the needle getting from Texas to Michigan and it looks like a window of oppoetunity is presenting itself.

You're in the UP, right? Are you going through Wisconsin or Michigan?

I'm in Chicago, but I haven't heard that it is supposed to get much (if any) above freezing anytime soon. That means that if it does rain, it will be worse than snow from a driving perspective. I would try to thread the needle when there is no precipitation in the forecast. Probably Sunday or Monday based on current forecasts.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/15/16 9:22 a.m.
alfadriver wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: Heck, Saturday is also supposed to be warm, with rain. They are telling us to clear the snow as early as possible, to avoid letting it get too wet. Will be an interesting change from the 8-12F we have now.

Just checked a few random places in MI. Looks like the warmer weather (meaning above freezing) is staying to the east. I doubt he'll be driving through the warmer forecasted areas.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
12/15/16 9:22 a.m.

Rain? Gonna be -24 on sunday?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/15/16 9:25 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Rain? Gonna be -24 on sunday?

Midwest is a big place. And in Minneapolis, you don't have Lake Michigan/Erie to keep you warmer.

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
12/15/16 9:29 a.m.

My Jeep told me it was -10°F this morning. Wind chill was around -20°F

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit UberDork
12/15/16 9:42 a.m.

Now I don't feel so bad, it was 4 according to the car this morning. On the downside my seat heaters are not working, not good.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/15/16 9:45 a.m.
mtn wrote:
alfadriver wrote: In reply to mazdeuce: Heck, Saturday is also supposed to be warm, with rain. They are telling us to clear the snow as early as possible, to avoid letting it get too wet. Will be an interesting change from the 8-12F we have now.
Just checked a few random places in MI. Looks like the warmer weather (meaning above freezing) is staying to the east. I doubt he'll be driving through the warmer forecasted areas.

Interesting forecast...,

Tomorrow 18

Saturday 33

Sunday 16

Monday 6.

Then it warms back up to the 30's to Christmas.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
12/15/16 10:01 a.m.
alfadriver wrote:
mtn wrote:
Interesting forecast..., Tomorrow 18 Saturday 33 Sunday 16 Monday 6. Then it warms back up to the 30's to Christmas.

33 and rainy can give you freezing rain. Even with copious amounts of salt.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
12/15/16 10:31 a.m.

it's 32 with gale force winds today.. next week on Thursday it's supposed to be in the 50s

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
12/15/16 11:50 a.m.

Youse up north people are nuts. It's like 30 degrees here today and windy. I don't even want to go outside. I had to quit wearing shorts outside weeks ago. It just isn't right.

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NEtxeXyY61vFaQBwVrOtc6GXN9kXGRorDbszb4xMzZcel4FRdTE50Sm6QKgGOVD9