1 2 3
Cotton
Cotton UltraDork
2/18/15 10:15 a.m.

I like wagons and just bought my first one....55 Chevy 2 door, also known as the handyman wagon.

Waldo
Waldo New Reader
2/18/15 2:15 p.m.

I've been looking for a used car close to a year now and finally realized a wagon would be best for replacing the utility of my old Volkswagen bus. Finding a station wagon that makes me happy is turning out to be tricky, can't find a manual Focus wagon anywhere around here, manual Volvos are like hen's teeth and either out of my price range or beat to hell, and the Roadmaster I drove was way to big. We need more wagon options.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Reader
2/19/15 10:35 a.m.
Waldo wrote: I've been looking for a used car close to a year now and finally realized a wagon would be best for replacing the utility of my old Volkswagen bus. Finding a station wagon that makes me happy is turning out to be tricky, can't find a manual Focus wagon anywhere around here, manual Volvos are like hen's teeth and either out of my price range or beat to hell, and the Roadmaster I drove was way to big. We need more wagon options.

Saturn = Good wagon option.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
2/19/15 10:50 a.m.

Every time I hear "wagons are cool", I think of of the baby blue Country Squire wagon that lived across the street when I was a kid. it was one of these:

The same year Corvette/Mustang/911 was cool. But I'm pretty sure that this never was.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
2/19/15 11:14 a.m.
LuxInterior wrote: Every time I hear "wagons are cool", I think of of the baby blue Country Squire wagon that lived across the street when I was a kid. it was one of these: The same year Corvette/Mustang/911 was cool. But I'm pretty sure that this never was.

It is now, and has been for some time.

LuxInterior
LuxInterior Reader
2/19/15 11:36 a.m.

Of course, now with 40 years of nostalgia it's cool. But the year it was made, I'm pretty sure that women weren't throwing their panties at it... any more than they were at this orange Pinto squire wagon. There's one in the neighborhood. I love it because it's so awful, it's awesome.

Waldo
Waldo New Reader
2/19/15 3:40 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 wrote:
Waldo wrote: I've been looking for a used car close to a year now and finally realized a wagon would be best for replacing the utility of my old Volkswagen bus. Finding a station wagon that makes me happy is turning out to be tricky, can't find a manual Focus wagon anywhere around here, manual Volvos are like hen's teeth and either out of my price range or beat to hell, and the Roadmaster I drove was way to big. We need more wagon options.
Saturn = Good wagon option.

I agree I've had a Saturn, but I didn't even think about the wagons until another thread yesterday. Local Craigslist only has a L series wagon right now (I prefer the S series), and in surrounding areas no manuals.

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 Dork
2/19/15 4:08 p.m.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
2/19/15 4:54 p.m.
gamby wrote: I dunno. Most of America still thinks that diesel cars are the same as they were in 1981.

and those "bro trucks" rollin coal and riding on tawentah faws don't help that fact

donalson
donalson PowerDork
2/19/15 5:03 p.m.

growing up my 'rents had wagons in fact the first car I can recall riding in was a ford grenada estate/wagon in germany in the early 80's... apparently mom and dad bought a few while in germany... they'd drive 1 hr away from the closest military instillation and get them for a steal as the germans didn't want something so big... then a year later dad would sell it at a profit to some military guy/family and go buy another... had a few wagons when we moved back to the states and obviously my grand-rents had the BIG old station wagons (seats in the back folded to the side to fit 4 grand kids lol :)

I learned to drive at the start of the hight of the SUV craze in an '82 4x4 diesel suburban... I saw it for what it was... a station wagon built on a pick up truck... my first car was a 4 dr hatch (close to a wagon lol)... and I've had 3 volvo wagons (so my kids got to enjoy the fun of the "back back" seat... when i'm in the market for a car I look for a BMW wagon in my price range but they never show up with a manual trans at the right time :(

stanger_missle
stanger_missle Dork
2/19/15 5:30 p.m.

In reply to FSP_ZX2:

That's not a wagon, that is an aircraft carrier with whitewalls

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IVRuQpnxv4alxTgScZMG8EPITwvue3gIvh1iT4J83phuAfaSZWAo6sFQWMxk1J4Y