Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
12/16/12 10:00 p.m.

This is not a canoe!

I was going to buy a pair of tickets to a concert in town from www.broadrippletickets.com, I put my credit card info in and was about to put the order through when I fiancee informed me that we would be out of town on the date which is still some time away. I closed the site without placing my final purchase. Next day: I open my email to find a message telling me that I my order was successful and the tickets have shipped! (The website was also super misleading, it had a seal saying "100% money back guarantee!" Of course all this actually means when you read the fine print is that if the concert is cancelled you get reimbursed for the ticket. It also did not state that these were resold tickets...which they are.)

I call the company, guy who answered the phone was SUPER condescending and a total jerk. Basically tells me I am full of it, that I can't get my money back, and to F off. His words were that once I click the "accept" check box on the term/conditions that the sale is final...not when you actually click purchase? WTF? I call the parent company www.TicketCapo.com, the lady who answers is just as bad as the original guy and basically says the same thing.

I have dealt with a lot of customer service folks over the years and have never been treated this poorly. Both individuals were total condescending, rude, and overall disrespectful. I would recommend that you do not buy from either of these websites! If something goes wrong you will have a hell of a time trying to get it sorted out! I don't get worked up easily at all and am normally a super relaxed guy but I was shaking after getting off of the phone both times!

The credit card company says that they only deal in facts and the fact is that a purchase was made. So I am SOL out of $220.

Rant over.

kurk9
kurk9 New Reader
12/16/12 10:04 p.m.

You could try selling them yourself or go with another chick. I'm sure she wont mind.

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
12/17/12 2:02 a.m.

Sounds like time to switch your credit card company. I tell mine that a fraudulent charge was placed and BAM, money refunded.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
12/17/12 6:00 a.m.

Yep, time for a new credit card company. Try again with the disputes folks - you might get someone more willing to help, especially if you mention that it's time for a new credit card company.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
12/17/12 7:42 a.m.

We have had several bank related adventures over the years, but every time, the bank has backed us up. We use debit cards, too, which are not supposed to be as well supported, but again, we were taken care of. Get a new bank.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
12/17/12 8:41 a.m.

yeah, I'll second the idea of a new CC co.

mine has handled situations sorta similar to this in my favor several times and has done so pretty much instantly

would also suggest (as someone else said) trying your CC co. again ... when they realize that you'll leave them over this ....

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/17/12 9:09 a.m.
sobe_death wrote: Sounds like time to switch your credit card company. I tell mine that a fraudulent charge was placed and BAM, money refunded.

This. This times a thousand. Make you sure you call your current credit card company to tell them as well. You didn't click "buy", that's a fact, and therefore the charge is fraud.

szeis4cookie
szeis4cookie Reader
12/17/12 9:54 a.m.

Oh, and the other magic phrases to use with your credit card issuer are "Attorney General" and "Office of the Comptroller of the Currency". "Consumer Finance Protection Bureau" is a good phrase to use too: http://www.consumerfinance.gov/

EDIT to add: if your card issuer happens to sponsor a Grand Am Corvette DP car driven by Max Angelelli, PM me.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
12/17/12 9:57 a.m.

FYI, that doesn't happen in the local club with the $7 cover.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
12/17/12 10:17 a.m.

OOPS, I am ID 10 T

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
12/17/12 12:09 p.m.
tuna55 wrote: Guys, it doesn't appear that he has called his Credit Card company yet. I'd say, instead of 'find a new', I'd call them for the first time.

Post #1:

Joshua wrote: The credit card company says that they only deal in facts and the fact is that a purchase was made. So I am SOL out of $220.
tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
12/17/12 12:29 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Guys, it doesn't appear that he has called his Credit Card company yet. I'd say, instead of 'find a new', I'd call them for the first time.
Post #1:
Joshua wrote: The credit card company says that they only deal in facts and the fact is that a purchase was made. So I am SOL out of $220.

Listen you... yeah... OK. uhh... oops.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2ME6QVBymlmepHDgmjPqfGw53QeUHvUekOv8dZfdXJgupoKJ0hq9zL9VWa0ZoeOH