N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/22/12 3:58 p.m.

I have a bunch of Radiohut rechargeable batteries and they finally all just about crapped out on me. I worked there, I knew they were crap, but they were cheap.

Anyone here have good luck with any particular brand of rechargeables? Just regular AA batteries.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
5/22/12 4:00 p.m.

Nope. Just been buying multiple packs of AA bat-tree's from Toys-R-Us when they are like $2 for 24....

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/22/12 4:06 p.m.

That's the direction I was starting to go.

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
5/22/12 4:19 p.m.

I've used Energizer and Duracell rechargeable NiMH AA and AAA batteries for lots of stuff, only killed one two of them so far because I forgot about them and left them alone for a couple years (completely discharged themselves and died). If you don't let them go COMPLETELY dead and charge them every 6 months or so when they're not being used, they'll last a long time. I've got about 4 years on my oldest ones. I love rechargeables, disposables seem so caveman these days.

Bryce

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
5/22/12 4:20 p.m.

If you do R/C transmitters that double as chargers for batteries and take a billion AAs, you'll second guess those cheapies. They suck. Hard. And last about 2 days. We've had good luck with the Energizer rechargeables.

aircooled
aircooled UberDork
5/22/12 4:22 p.m.

I have been using Harbor Freight batteries. Buy them on sale, cheap, they seem to work.

That said, as I am sure you are aware, nonchargeables are best used on low load applications. Put them in a digital camera (video or otherwise) will give them a quick death.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
5/22/12 4:33 p.m.

These are for Xbox controllers mainly.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
5/22/12 4:35 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: These are for Xbox controllers mainly.

Same Toys-R-Us batteries here for those too....

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
5/22/12 4:57 p.m.

Quality batteries like Eneloops or GP Recyko. They flashlight guys abuse batteries pretty hard and usually like those. I just bought the maximum capacity GP Recyko AA's that are so full of capacity they don't fit as loosely as the Energizers.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
5/22/12 5:44 p.m.

Sanyo Eneloops from Costco in my Xbox controllers. No complaints. Xbox charge and play kit sucks, btw.

jere
jere New Reader
5/22/12 6:13 p.m.

And the correct answer is...Ebay! They cost less than the name brand non-rechargables (they are like $5 for 16 AAs) . They work as good as or better than the name brand rechargables that I have bought in the past. Just try and get the ones with the higher mAh, they hold a charge longer.

rs4playniuwa
rs4playniuwa New Reader
5/22/12 8:44 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ExnsI6z2dcu7aFE3Zx7w30jBHgSdMMdILyj7BqsEgsDhNMyitmsxwMwdpaqUGYoi