2 3 4 5
Toyman01
Toyman01 UltimaDork
9/25/13 6:58 a.m.

Mine was on the market for 6 months. We averaged 10-15 showings a week with no reasonable offers. This was at the bottom of the market. I ended up keeping it and turning it into a rental.

Good luck with the sale.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/29/13 4:20 p.m.

Still nothing on offer, though traffic is good. Hopefully we get this thing done before I have I leave for training in late October.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/5/13 6:00 a.m.

Still nothing on house. Many serious hits but no offer yet

On another note. I will be in seattle November 1st to start work.

Think I found a cheapish place to stay in ballard. Close to work.

Toyman01
Toyman01 UltimaDork
10/5/13 8:21 a.m.

It will sell. It just takes time.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/5/13 1:25 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: It will sell. It just takes time.

Thanks. Yeah it will. The people are lookin ere and we have a few weeks until it gets really cold.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
10/5/13 1:42 p.m.

Good thing that you are getting lots of hits. It only takes one...

Fueled by Caffeine
10/5/13 1:51 p.m.

Yeah the feedback I get is that most people are afraid of the electric heat. Though I've been able to run the house cheaper than an oil or gas heated house through the use of a pellet stove. Pellets are bought and included with the sale. My total energy bill for a year is $3600 including pellets. Some people I know pay that in just oil.

I've included that data in my info to buyers. But I think most people looking at my house are first timers and yet don't know the sting of the oil mans bill.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
10/5/13 2:32 p.m.

Huh. Is gas supposed to be cheaper? In my extremely limited experience in apartments, electric heat has been much cheaper than gas. But that is not at all an apples to apples comparison, just because the electric heat place was so much newer than the gas place.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
10/5/13 5:59 p.m.
mtn wrote: Huh. Is gas supposed to be cheaper? In my extremely limited experience in apartments, electric heat has been much cheaper than gas. But that is not at all an apples to apples comparison, just because the electric heat place was so much newer than the gas place.

In an apt you also share walls with people vs all outside walls being exposed to the heat/cold.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/10/13 5:27 a.m.

Yay got an offer.

Holy hell is it bad. $40k off list price and $10k back at closing. Ha no. Thanks for playing.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/10/13 5:38 a.m.

Anyway. I spoke I some people at work about property management firms and it's pretty common now to have I rent a house for 3-5 years when you move before it sells. We might do that. Though, I have a plan to float it until spring and then see how the market does.

The amazin thing is the number I people my age (low to mid 30's). Who have moved around to fin better work and have been stuck with renting homes they can't unload.

Hey atleast I am not underwater.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
10/11/13 3:33 a.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: Anyway. I spoke I some people at work about property management firms and it's pretty common now to have I rent a house for 3-5 years when you move before it sells. We might do that. Though, I have a plan to float it until spring and then see how the market does. The amazin thing is the number I people my age (low to mid 30's). Who have moved around to fin better work and have been stuck with renting homes they can't unload. Hey atleast I am not underwater.

My first reaction was to think about how you're going to maintain/repair that place once someone who doesn't own it lives in it..dang, don't we have a couple of folks around here who are landlords?

Fueled by Caffeine
10/11/13 5:08 a.m.

Renting is not the preferred option. But there are property management companies that make it easier.

Toyman01
Toyman01 UltimaDork
10/11/13 5:54 a.m.

I have a local rental. I wouldn't even consider a long distance one without a management company.

Another thing to consider, sometimes empty houses are harder to sell. Renting might be a better option than letting it sit.

Good luck with the move and the sale.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/12/13 12:27 p.m.

Right... So they countered.

10 grand off my asking price but still want 10 grand back at closing. That means I need to pay for closing costs by other means, as in $20K of costs out of pocket. Which would mean loan time.. But We'll make it work.

Let's see if I can counter. I think its getting closer. Hopefully, they haven't come up with their best and final.

Toyman01
Toyman01 UltimaDork
10/12/13 9:39 p.m.

They always counter. Hit right back at them. I'd start at 2 and 2.

People will ask for stupid things when you aren't face to face.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
10/12/13 10:01 p.m.

Be wary of overly aggressively negotiating buyers. They are often the ones who use the inspection as the next negotiating point to try to cut another $10 k off of the price.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/13/13 4:18 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Be wary of overly aggressively negotiating buyers. They are often the ones who use the inspection as the next negotiating point to try to cut another $10 k off of the price.

Exactly our fear. A deal with these people would include be made as-is to keep me out of that mess.

In other news solid feedback like " they are thinking about it" is coming in. I hope for a competitive offer.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/13/13 4:19 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: They always counter. Hit right back at them. I'd start at 2 and 2. People will ask for stupid things when you aren't face to face.

Will do. Our agent has been in Europe this week and we've been using a covering lady. Once she comes back it should speed them up a bit.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/16/13 8:01 p.m.

Rumor is we may have a deal.. lots of countering. Got them to 8 K off the price and 5K back... That puts me bringing to closing slightly less than it would cost me to float the house to spring....

Sounds like it may be a winner.

Fueled by Caffeine
10/17/13 6:31 p.m.

Signing paperwork

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
10/17/13 6:35 p.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine:

Congrats!

Fueled by Caffeine