Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
1/14/09 8:54 p.m.

Patrick McGoohan passed. http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-patrick-mcgoohan15-2009jan15,0,3951859.story

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
1/14/09 9:27 p.m.

I loved the prisoner, and the simpsons episode that spoofed it.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
1/14/09 9:59 p.m.

Well at least now he will figure out who is number 1 is!

Sometimes a Rover is not an SUV. Its a weather balloon that chases you down and smothers you!!

gubby
gubby New Reader
1/14/09 10:17 p.m.

I saw the thread title and thought "oh no, not Blossom's sidekick!" I will always remember him as Edward the Longshanks

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado New Reader
1/15/09 1:36 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote: I loved the prisoner, and the simpsons episode that spoofed it.

Per the BBC obit, McGoohan actually voiced "himself" in that Simpsons episode.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7829267.stm

Unfortunately, the same article mentions that "The Prisoner" is going to be remade with that guy from Mel Gibson's snuff film..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001029/

Hey, I never saw the thing...maybe Caviezel can actually act. I haven't seen him in anything else, either..

"Be seeing you..."

Wally
Wally SuperDork
1/15/09 1:44 a.m.
gubby wrote: I saw the thread title and thought "oh no, not Blossom's sidekick!"

Should i feel better that I'm not the only one who thought that? That six is alive and very well.

friedgreencorrado
1/15/09 1:48 a.m.
aircooled wrote: Well at least now he will figure out who is number 1 is!

I thought Number One was a computer, like "The General"?

aircooled wrote: Sometimes a Rover is not an SUV. Its a weather balloon that chases you down and smothers you!!

Yikes! Those things scared the E36 M3 outta me when I was a teenager..the way they stretched over his face? Chills down the spine!

914Driver
914Driver Dork
1/15/09 5:54 a.m.

So where's that SuperVillian thread?

Two down and bad things happen in threes, who's up next?

Dan

petegossett
petegossett Dork
1/15/09 7:10 a.m.

I need to find the Prisoner or DVD, or download...

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
1/15/09 7:46 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
HappyAndy wrote: I loved the prisoner, and the simpsons episode that spoofed it.
Per the BBC obit, McGoohan actually voiced "himself" in that Simpsons episode. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7829267.stm Unfortunately, the same article mentions that "The Prisoner" is going to be remade with that guy from Mel Gibson's snuff film.. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001029/ Hey, I never saw the thing...maybe Caviezel can actually act. I haven't seen him in anything else, either.. "Be seeing you..."

They would be far better off just tuning up the colour on the orriginals and replaying them, this show was too much of a classic to ruin like that. Now if they could get the guy who plays Nick Cutter on Primevil to play #6, they might have a chance..... but he already has a good job.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Reader
1/15/09 7:46 a.m.
petegossett wrote: I need to find the Prisoner or DVD, or download...

go to the BBC web site store.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
1/15/09 8:04 a.m.

I thought maybe you guys were on the same BSG netflix schedule I am.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
1/15/09 8:20 a.m.

I could never quite get into watching the Prisoner. Guess you have to see it from the beginning. I'm surprised it isn't shown somewhere now.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
1/15/09 8:32 a.m.

Number One was actually Number Six. Or Number Six was actually Number One. They tell you every episode in the opening sequence. "Who is Number One?" "You are Number Six." Gets back to that whole punctuation thing.

The released DVD box set had the color fixed from what was originally shown in the 70's. You can now see that The Car was actually BRG.

Anyone have a hulu or some other link to the Simpson's episode, or name of it or season/episode number or something? Never saw that one.

BCNU

Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/15/09 8:59 a.m.

I heard a bit on this on my drive in listening to NPR.

GRM folks are so topical!

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
1/15/09 9:12 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: I could never quite get into watching the Prisoner. Guess you have to see it from the beginning. I'm surprised it isn't shown somewhere now.

I think there is a station on satellite TV that shows old British stuff from the 60's. Mostly stuff from Sir Lew Grade's ITC. It might be on there.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
1/15/09 9:15 a.m.

We want.. information.

You won't get it!

RIP #6

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
1/15/09 9:20 a.m.

By hook or by crook, we will.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
1/15/09 9:26 a.m.
914Driver wrote: So where's that SuperVillian thread? Two down and bad things happen in threes, who's up next? Dan

Hopefully these japanese superheros

NSFW Fake Boobies

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
1/15/09 9:30 a.m.
Dr. Hess wrote: By hook or by crook, we will.

Touche', doc.

Several years ago I bought the whole VHS set from A&E; I'm going to have to revisit it. Guess that pretty much plans my weekend for me. Good stuff. Weird, but good.

friedgreencorrado
1/17/09 1:04 a.m.

Found it, but it's expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005NKCQ/cabledigest7-20/ref=nosim

A hundred bucks? I'll bet I could find "VW Special Tool #1234894471092387412341343948573485732485723485235" and finally fix my black Corrado's front hub problem for that.

All joking aside, it's a Schley Products 63500 VW bearing puller. Anybody got one? I'm about to just pull the knuckle off the car and pay a shop to replace the thing...

dorri732
dorri732 New Reader
1/17/09 7:53 a.m.

Every episode online here (in the US, at least).

SkinnyG
SkinnyG New Reader
1/17/09 11:00 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Found it, but it's expensive.

I picked up the complete set, unopened, on eBay for about $60.

G

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LtQwAxMpHZtIT1EHa8Q704RLozLH66JQE1uuLkWG3BimqL6zgzh7EfPsV0LmbROo