Gary
Gary PowerDork
5/28/24 7:47 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:
Gary said:

Saturday, Lime Rock Trans-Am:

(Hangin' with Boris and Boris, Jr

Cool!

How tall is Boris? Every shot I've seen with a race fan (including Wally's avatar) has him slouching.

edit: Google says 6-0 

Well, if Boris is 6-feet tall according to the Google machine, then his hair must add another 3-4 inches to his height, sorta like Cosmo Kramer. I'm 5'10" and wearing a hat, but even though he's slouching, he's taller. 😁

Interesting background on Boris. His father "Bob" Said (actually the original Boris, Jr.), a good road-racer and Olympic bob sled racer in his own right 50-60-70 years ago, made today's Boris actually Boris the 3rd, a generation or two ago. So today's Boris, Jr., would be "Boris the Fourth" if all generations were still alive. Got that? Interesting family history, not even mentioning "No Fear" and the Olympic bob sled connections.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/31/24 8:32 p.m.

It's gonna be a good weekend. 

Gary
Gary PowerDork
5/31/24 9:26 p.m.

Friday night. Fire pit and listening to David Gilmour:

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/24 9:52 a.m.

Welding new leg brackets onto old jet ski lift. On the dock. About 40 feet below the driveway. Sure am glad I have a 125cf Argon tank. 40 would have been too easy. The big foam floating pad made a nice wind block. Preheating with MAPP torch was a huge help.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
6/2/24 10:21 a.m.

Weeding.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/24 12:12 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Because "berkeley you, weeds!"

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
6/2/24 6:14 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

Because "berkeley you, weeds!"

Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/2/24 7:49 p.m.

Burn baby burn. 😁

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/3/24 9:21 a.m.

Daughter came home for the weekend. So spending time with her.  

docwyte
docwyte UltimaDork
6/3/24 9:33 a.m.

I worked.  At least I've got weekends free until August now.

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
6/3/24 9:37 a.m.

Saturday was the youngest 9th birthday and party. From Thursday to Sunday, I put on about 8 miles just cooking, prepping, setup, and teardown, most of it up and down a flight of steps. 

We went through 30ish pounds of pulled pork, 2 full batches of pasta salad, 1 full tray of Cole slaw, 1 full tray of Mac n cheese, 10 smoked shotgun shells, 1/2 can of nacho cheese, 2 quarts of BBQ sauce, 18 buns, 2 packs of tortillas, and a bag of tortilla chips. 

I finished cooking just as the guests arrived, we had an actual pro wrestler make an appearance, my friends dressed up as Sting and Hogan, there was no crying from the kids, no fighting, and beautiful weather. 

I am still completely exhausted, but it was probably the smoothest, easiest, most drama free party we've ever had.

Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/6/24 3:27 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/8/24 7:32 p.m.

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
6/8/24 7:38 p.m.

My 21 year old Korean daughter is heading to Seoul, Korea tomorrow for 2 weeks so we're helping her get ready and we also attended a picnic today sponsored by the same group. 

Tomorrow is watching the Indy Car race from Road America then a nap since 4am rolls around quickly!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
6/8/24 7:53 p.m.

Back to back autocross events. One down, one to go.

Managing the heat and staying hydrated was important. I have a vest and neck wrap that are made to soak with water for evaporative cooling, and carried my umbrella the entire time. 

Driving into the Firm this morning, you could tell it was going to be a scorcher. 

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
6/8/24 8:55 p.m.

Wallpaper removal. 40 year old wallpaper. Applied directly to the drywall. Not even primer on the drywall. Maybe this should be in the minor rant thread.

Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/8/24 9:06 p.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

My sincere condolences. 🫤

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
6/8/24 9:42 p.m.

Ford Ranger. Doing timing belt, water pump, thermostat, cam crank and aux shaft seals, valve cover gasket. Lots of cleaning and detailing. 

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) UltimaDork
6/8/24 9:44 p.m.

24 Hours of Lemons race at NJMP.  6 hours in we were running 4th when a wheel hub failed.  Such is life...

preach
preach UltraDork
6/9/24 5:15 a.m.

Mostly on doggie duty since Mrs. p went to FL to visit her dad (in bad shape dementia/Alzheimers) and trying to get the battery swapped out of my Cayman. 

Today I go after the mechanical release in behind the inner fender. FML.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
6/9/24 9:05 a.m.

Moved a buddy's car out of storage so they can install the rebuilt stroker motor and today is head to Byron to watch Sick Summer testing.

oh, got my dirt bike fired out since getting that out of storage. Waiting for the oil to arrive so I can change it.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
6/9/24 10:17 a.m.

In reply to secretariata (Forum Supporter) :

Yep, add me to the condolence list.  We just pulled the last wallpaper in our house from what has been the dining room.  It was on the walls when we bought the house 33 years ago so who knows how old it was.  It was a major PITA even after scoring it and using the removal solution.

Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/9/24 1:11 p.m.

I spent all day Saturday working at the all-British car show "British Motorcars in Bristol" (RI), put on by BMCNE. Fortunately the weather was great. We had around 235 cars displayed. A few pics:

No Time
No Time UberDork
6/9/24 2:35 p.m.

Looks like exactly what I need to take care of the weeds around my fire pit. 

I'll have to make sure I don't park the Jeep too close when I'm doing that, wouldn't want to catch fire 😉.

rallyxPOS13
rallyxPOS13 Reader
6/9/24 4:43 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Weeding.

Thank you for posting this!  I was on the fence on ordering one of these for months.

It was as the most gratifying yard work experiences of my life!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OtatPTp1cCEKEXiZ1lyj78X8UFiW7nL4JGrj2TWQTjygsn7VCKKRI8N33wDwhSz1