Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/29/24 8:17 p.m.

My HF miracle worker. This is a beautiful piece of machinery. It's 10 years old and is still chipping and shredding away like new.

And here we have an empty palette:

I expect this to take a few days. I'll post a pic of the final pile. Best mulch in the world.

Gary
Gary PowerDork
6/30/24 7:06 p.m.

Sunday morning: I put in a couple hours chipping and shredding "the junk pile." It's going down. And the mulch pile is growing. Then Annie and I went out to play this afternoon. We went to a vineyard in North Stonington, CT called "Kingdom of the Hawk." 

Funny pics because I adjusted the glasses to be correctly oriented. But the liquid inside is off-kilter. 😁

Then the monsoon rains came so we moved inside.

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
6/30/24 7:17 p.m.

One airplane tire and tube, removed, replaced and wheel bearings repacked. 

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
6/30/24 7:29 p.m.

In reply to Karacticus :

Did the bearing seize up to cause that flat spot?  I'm sure that was fun to manage on touchdown.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
6/30/24 8:05 p.m.

found a plow in the woods on my property covered in muscadine

yanked it out with the mighty 16hp Kubota diesel subcompact tractor. 1 low with the differential lock  pedal pressed made short work of it

brushed it off. 

6 tine chisel plow. there are traces of red and blue paint on it, which makes me think international harvester but really I've got no idea what brand or how old it is. Haven't decided to sell it or make it yard art. Definitely too big for my tractor but I kinda wanna try anyway

Trent
Trent UltimaDork
6/30/24 8:25 p.m.

We took an unplanned trip to Alsea falls, went a bit further north for lunch and then realized we were only an hour from Nye beach so we popped to the coast

Next weekend we will head east and go to the high desert

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Dork
6/30/24 9:43 p.m.

I installed a new Convertible top on  my Miata.

The area received a couple Hail storms. The one that damaged my top was crazy! I have never seen it hail like it did that afternoon. They were about Nickle to a Quarter in size. It was not the Hail, it was the wind that went with it. It reminded me of  T-Storms that you were ment to be in the basement. The wind and the temperature drop would have made Tornados where I used to live. There was condensation on the glass windows on the garage doors.There was so much Hail it was flowing off the roof of the building I was in. It made a nice size pile outside the overhead door me and a coworker was looking out. I did not even think of taking pictures too caught up in the moment.

I had to put packaging tape over the holes.

Karacticus
Karacticus SuperDork
6/30/24 10:36 p.m.

In reply to 11GTCS :

Unfortunately, that was self inflicted. Early in ownership, I was clumsy on the pedals and flat spotted the tire.  Every brake application after that made it worse, until the tire finally corded. 

As far as bearings, that's just the way things are-- you repack them every time you pull the wheel. Not like it takes much time. 

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
7/1/24 7:05 a.m.

Pulled the motor from my GTI to fix the rear main seal, replace timing chains and valve seals.

Slippery
Slippery UltimaDork
7/1/24 2:21 p.m.

Went camping to Lake Crescent and to the beach

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/2/24 2:12 p.m.

Long weekend here, did a couple rides on local trails, fixed some stuff around the house and sent off a bunch of job applications...

Edit: A pic I took at the end of a ride yesterday, looking into the raptor enclosure cheeky

gearheadmb
gearheadmb UltraDork
7/3/24 10:15 a.m.

I'm taking my two sons to Mid Ohio Saturday to watch racing.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
7/3/24 10:39 p.m.

Work is closed Friday, so my weekend started today! Visiting family tomorrow, and continuing to work on my garage project over the weekend.

Every 4th of July, I have a history of wrenching on something car-related, and I think this year's big project is going to be taking apart the 318 I pulled from my truck two years ago this week. I am going to scrap the long block, and taking it apart will not only make it easier to move, it will also provide a few hours of entertainment and content for my YouTube channel that I've been neglecting. wink

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/3/24 11:08 p.m.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
7/4/24 11:21 p.m.

Playing a concert in Montrose, Colorado tomorrow night as the opening band  for  a 2 band show, 1500 people expected .  Biggest show I've played to date.  Our rock band got the gig because we were the only band who applied with a sax player - no pressure here!?!  Big stage, big park, all original music, pretty stoked - how many 78 year olds get to do this?  Hopefully will be big fun.  Playing tenor and alto for this gig, will add the baritone for future shows.  Fingers crossed - oh, wait, not a good idea for a sax man.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/6/24 12:42 p.m.

Weekend!!!!     I think fishing is in order for today at least. 

NY Nick
NY Nick SuperDork
7/6/24 6:07 p.m.

It's race night!

Purple Frog
Purple Frog Dork
7/6/24 10:45 p.m.

Heat index = 111 outside.  Shop = 73.    Decided to stay inside and install a garage door opener on the shop door.

Really quiet unit.   Sort of convenient.   Rather be going to races with Ny Nick (see above).

NY Nick
NY Nick SuperDork
7/7/24 12:06 p.m.

Bonus prize, we won, nothing broke, trailer worked great, had a nice group in the pits and we had a great time. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
7/7/24 4:35 p.m.

Headed up to Highland Park, Illinois right now.

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
7/7/24 4:50 p.m.

Our "other" daughter (our daughter's college roommate) came up from NYC for a visit, she arrived Friday afternoon and left late morning today.  They're both closing in on 30 and are still best friends, Viv still hugs me like I'm really her Dad.  The bride and I took a walk, a ride in the fun car and grabbed pizza n' beer this afternoon to console ourselves.  Love that kid.  LOL.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/7/24 6:46 p.m.

Wife's car is stalking the grill. Lol. 

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
7/7/24 6:50 p.m.

I bought an extremely boring car - going tomorrow to pick it up.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
7/7/24 6:54 p.m.

Turn 90 deg to the right from the last photo. 

Sitting at the pick nick table. At the lake house this week. 

No Time
No Time UberDork
7/7/24 6:56 p.m.

Went to see "Close encounters of the third kind" at the local theater today:

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zbr6mSsPNsI1n1JJqWsFju1bPDB1awNt16UpJ698ibcqrjTPtVjPvmeYybf2lfI2