Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/10/24 9:57 p.m.

Went to see Green Day in Philly last night.

Despite terrible weather it was a fun show!

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
8/11/24 2:45 p.m.

Great weekend. Took the kids to a car show and the zoo this morning, and then to a Summer league baseball game this evening (their first baseball game). Perfect day at 75/sunny. 

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
8/11/24 3:37 p.m.

Smoking a Chuck, I've been told it ends up being like a brisket that doesn't take 20 hours. 

smokers with PID controllers and phone apps let even the most incompetent person feel like a pro pitmaster. They also make me even more annoyed when I get served an awful brisket at a restaurant, come on guys it's not that hard

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/11/24 4:19 p.m.

Range this morning then took a load of trash to the dumpster at my office.  

Yesterday I took a big chunk out of the list of little things to do around the house.

I may spend some quality time with the lawnmower later. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/11/24 4:20 p.m.

Legs and lungs are getting stronger. At a little over 8 miles, Saturday's AM run was my longest in a few years, and I'm happy that I was able to cover that distance at a sub-10:00/mile pace.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/11/24 7:03 p.m.

Remember the broken step I asked about a couple of months ago?

I presume we will always be able to tell its not original, but that's not way up my list.  There is a bit of filling to do at the joint to the top step, but as long as it stays in place, I'm good.

NY Nick
NY Nick SuperDork
8/11/24 7:40 p.m.

Went to the Red Sox game today. First time in Boston, first time at Fenway. Absolutely unreal experience. Field tour, green monster, and box seats and we got to meet David Ortiz!

Gary
Gary PowerDork
8/11/24 9:10 p.m.

Quiet Sunday night at home with wine, the fire pit and some vintage jazz on the blue tooth speaker.

And tomorrow is a holiday in RI:

"Victory Day, the second Monday in August, honors the estimated 92,000 Rhode Islanders who served in the war and the more than 2,200 of them who were killed. Rhode Island first adopted the holiday in 1948."

(That would be WWII).

Not that another holiday matters to Annie and me, because we're both retired. But there are a lot of folks in RI appreciating another 3-day summer weekend. And the weather is great. However, we appreciate the premise of the holiday.

(And BTW, you haven't seen anything if you haven't witnessed a 5-gallon pail of dried-out pine cones from last fall dumped onto the dying embers of a fire pit. Yes, it's juvenile, but great fun nevertheless).

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue SuperDork
8/11/24 9:33 p.m.

Lots of nothing yesterday, except keep one person out of another's hair for the bulk of the day, as is our arrangement.  Did make some progress on artwork for Hungary Bill's merch shop, but ran into obstacles that are insurmountable at my current level of "skill". We'll pick that up tomorrow. 

Got a late start today but managed to change oil in the 5, the Matrix, and the AW.  The latter has been dormant and looking pretty sorry for itself for I don't know how long, but probably nine months or better.  The battery has a 2017 sticker on it and somehow it took a charge and the poor old thing started up like I'd parked it yesterday. It may still be a car.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/11/24 9:44 p.m.

As I let slip in the thread about the Francis Scott Key bridge, I'm a bridge enginerd. We had some flooding late last week and our policy is that any bridges or bridge sized culverts that get overtopped by water get inspected before the road is reopened. So I spent my weekend visiting bridges to see if the flooding caused any problems that would make them unsafe. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
8/11/24 9:51 p.m.

Found some money from some made up place.  Then went out on a boat and hooked into a 30-36" stingray.  One of the best fights of my fishing career to pull that fish to the surface.   Thankfully he then spit the hook after surfacing twice and I didn't have to do anything to him.

Lookit that hair!  Lookit that calf action!

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/18/24 3:16 p.m.

This weekend I rode my bike a lot and I'm working on my little Ford Ranger. 

The truck was already lowered but I'm revising it to be somewhat lower. 

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/18/24 6:45 p.m.

Prepping the XR for Gingerman next weekend and had to swap out the front hubs. Bearings were a bit loose. Had the rebuilt ones in the spares bin so a buddy and I got to it. Also put the track pads in and adjusted the clutch.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue SuperDork
8/24/24 1:00 p.m.

If we can keep from throttling each other, Little Monohue and I are heading to the local air and space museum.  He's excited for it, but he's also five, so success is not guaranteed.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UberDork
8/24/24 1:22 p.m.

I'm delivering one of these to a private buyer's home in the Hollywood hills:

Coin Operated Binocular X

The bad boy weights 300 Lbs. and I'll be doing the job myself so I've got everything broken down as much as possible...the pedestal (flute shaped vertical part) is the heaviest at about 75 Lbs..

chandler
chandler MegaDork
8/24/24 2:17 p.m.

Dropping ChandlerKid1 at college in Indiana today.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/24/24 4:49 p.m.

Three hours on my bicycle to start the morning off, then I hit PickNPull at lunch time. I got some decent-ish OEM fenders for my little minitruck project. I don't love them, but they're worlds better than what was on the truck before.

GPz11 (Forum Supporter)
GPz11 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/24/24 6:16 p.m.

Survived day 1 at Gingerman, we run it reverse direction tomorrow so that'll be interesting.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa HalfDork
8/25/24 4:40 p.m.

Getting tintype photos made with my fiancée. Pretty cool process

Gary
Gary PowerDork
8/25/24 7:42 p.m.

We have great friends who live in a nice neighborhood in Western Cranston, RI, about 3-4 miles from us. They have a very tight community. People connect, and they like to party. Any reason will suffice. So our great friends Tom and Janice invited us to a party at a neighborhood friends' house last night. We were not prepared for what we were about to experience.

This was at a house in their neighborhood.

Around 100 guests.

Valet parking.

Catered food. Apps to dessert. All free.

Three bars in the back yard. Bar tenders. All beverages free. Open bar.

Free cigars.

Good music.

And we met a lot of interesting people. (What a great neighborhood 😁)

And the restrooms were amazing. Built into the house but accessible from the outside.

Well Annie and I were quite amused at this great flaunt of wealth. Or was it something else? This is a 4-5 month a year house.  Why not have a place in Key West instead? Clearly not normal for Western Cranston. But that's none of our business so we don't care. It's not our neighborhood and we had a lot of fun. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/25/24 8:13 p.m.

I cut some tires and continued shrieking chimpanzee frustration at trying to figure out what mistake I made when I did the math for the front suspension in the Mini.

I think the primary fault was deciding that a Subaru drivetrain could fit in a Mini...

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
8/25/24 9:08 p.m.

This weekend was mostly yard work that I have been putting off. Today I kind of took it easy in the morning and caught most of the F1 race. Then ended up emptying my car as it had become a repository for all kinds of junk that needs to be put away. Some for my house some for my office. After that picked up some food and now it is some  YouTube watching.  

Puddy46
Puddy46 HalfDork
8/26/24 12:28 p.m.

Ran the SCCA Time Trials at PittRace.  I was slower than most, but still had a great time.  

Gary
Gary PowerDork
9/3/24 7:41 p.m.

Labor Day Weekend Annie and I were at Lime Rock for the Vintage Festival.

Thursday evening, Falls Village vintage race car and sports car gathering:

Skip doing what he does a lot of, chatting up the ladies:

Racing at the track:

And the "Sunday in the Park" Concours d'Elegance:

We stayed here and had a spectacular time at this place. The hotel bar is like Seneca Lodge or Siebken's. It's three miles from the track, and It's a racer hangout. On Sunday night after Sunday in the Park concluded, Annie and I had drinks at the bar with Dicky Riegel, CEO of Lime Rock. Regular car guy, a former IMSA racer, and enjoys scotch.

And whenever we're in the area we visit Millbrook Winery & Vineyards in Millbrook, NY, a few miles away:

Gary
Gary PowerDork
9/7/24 7:53 p.m.

This weekend we're back in CT for Farmington Polo. I have to say, it's a fun game to watch if you're drinking alcohol. We were, courtesy of Essex Financial.

If you have never seen a polo match before, try it. It's fun.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N4w1dSOsnHxwZ7zzsQGzn8JikWq1NXYVpBrhRS5rBLlm1fgPg8MQQulJSRJ4Q88T