1 2
kabel
kabel Dork
3/7/13 9:47 p.m.

I did not realize this was the adjustment weekend! One less hour of sleep before autox sunday morning, great

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
3/7/13 9:50 p.m.

In reply to kabel:

Our first one of the year. I can't wait, although if it is anything like the last couple years it'll also be my last one of the year. Stupid work that I'm going to be late for.

motomoron
motomoron Dork
3/8/13 12:52 p.m.

For me it makes cycling and rowing after work possible, or anything outdoors. And it's a huge boost to morale. I live for it.

ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
3/8/13 4:39 p.m.
Nitroracer wrote: I took a class on solar energy that involved a good bit of background in time to get us started. The expert opinion? Daylight Stupid Time. Arizona and Hawaii don't participate in this mess, they're the smart ones.

Nor does Saskatchewan. I heard an interesting thing on the CBC yesterday -- a scientist who claims that the costs of DST are way too high and she believes it should be scrapped completely. She made a compelling argument.

rainydave
rainydave Reader
3/8/13 5:34 p.m.

I hate DST!!

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
3/8/13 5:38 p.m.

I loathe losing the hour of sleep and I'll never be able to fall asleep on Sunday night, so I'll be a mess on Monday morning.

However, Spring is right around the corner and now a 5PM bike ride is again feasible. I LOVE having the extra daylight back. It's basically rebirth. If the cost of that is an hour of sleep, I'll take it.

So ready for Spring...

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
3/8/13 6:08 p.m.
motomoron wrote: For me it makes cycling and rowing after work possible, or anything outdoors. And it's a huge boost to morale. I live for it.

See I think that's my problem. I work from before the sun comes up till dark. So all the extra daylight just means I have to work more. And I'm salary so it's not like I even get paid more. Would be nice to have time to do stuff in the evenings though, so I guess color me jelly.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
3/8/13 6:09 p.m.

Means that on my 'late' shifts at work, the sun might be rising as I clock in.
And rugby practice has a better chance of being well lit and rainy instead of just rainy.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
3/8/13 6:57 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote:
motomoron wrote: For me it makes cycling and rowing after work possible, or anything outdoors. And it's a huge boost to morale. I live for it.
See I think that's my problem. I work from before the sun comes up till dark. So all the extra daylight just means I have to work more. And I'm salary so it's not like I even get paid more. Would be nice to have time to do stuff in the evenings though, so I guess color me jelly.

if you actually work from sun up to sun down ... it won't matter whether it's EST of DST .. it's the same amt. of sun time ...... it's just positioned on the clock diffferently

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
3/8/13 7:05 p.m.

In reply to wbjones:

I know but what I'm missing is the joy of having daylight hours left when the work hours are done. Plus the days are shorter in the winter so less work for the same pay. And I hate the heat, I would rather it be 20 and snowing than anything much over 92. I should move.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KoByg8FGUzpcUXJv5IAMTy3w71sTq6LvTcwebElgjFeFYFYdOwM8id6LkO590s8m