xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
9/22/09 3:02 p.m.

My Mom's Dodge Ram came with dual filament 3157 bulbs for the reverse lights.

What strange things have you found manufacturers to ship cars with?

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
9/22/09 6:01 p.m.

My Caprice came with used shotgun shells in the trunk. But I hesitate to call the Lake County Sheriffs the manufacturers of my 9C1.

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
9/22/09 6:04 p.m.

do both filaments light up when its in reverse? maybe they do it so that its brighter

mtn
mtn SuperDork
9/22/09 6:35 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: My Caprice came with used shotgun shells in the trunk. But I hesitate to call the Lake County Sheriffs the manufacturers of my 9C1.

You ever take that around Libertyville, maybe with some nice wheels? or was I seeing someone elses?

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
9/22/09 6:54 p.m.

My Mazda came with this strange engine powered by triangles spinning in a Spirograph pattern. I left a call with Mazda, but the customer service rep just laughed at me and said something like, "It's a Wanker!" When I asked to speak to his manager, the manager said the same thing. Gosh, Mazda customer service sure is rude!

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
9/22/09 7:00 p.m.

I must buy the wrong cars... strangest thing i ever found in mine were old crusty canadian pennies stuck to the carpet under the seat

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
9/22/09 7:41 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: do both filaments light up when its in reverse? maybe they do it so that its brighter

Nope. Had a bad turn signal filament (brake/tail bulb), so I swapped it with the reverse light. Now there is no reverse light.

I was working on a Civic and found a piece of notebook paper up in between the HVAC and dashboard with random asian characters on it. It could have said something, I can't read pictographs.

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
9/22/09 7:44 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: My Caprice came with used shotgun shells in the trunk. But I hesitate to call the Lake County Sheriffs the manufacturers of my 9C1.

At least they were used. One of my friends got pulled over for loud exhaust on his way home from buying a 240sx. He's a long hair, so they wanted to search the car, even after he handed over the title with the prev. owners signature still wet. Well, they found a bunch of unused 9mm ammo all over the car. So he sat for another hr while they kept searching and questioning him about where the gun was.

Finally they let him go, but still gave him a defective exhaust ticket. Stay away from Marion, Iowa, those cops suck.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard SonDork
9/22/09 9:06 p.m.

I found a bunch of shotgun shells in the E30, too. What is it with people and shotgun shells?

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior New Reader
9/22/09 9:11 p.m.

My old Taurus SHO came a radio faceplate case with cocaine residue in the car. I asked my dad at first wtf it was..he put it to his tongue and went...yep..cocaine. I didn't want to ask how he knew that.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
9/22/09 9:12 p.m.
xci_ed6 wrote:
At least they were used. One of my friends got pulled over for loud exhaust on his way home from buying a 240sx. He's a long hair, so they wanted to search the car, even after he handed over the title with the prev. owners signature still wet. Well, they found a bunch of unused 9mm ammo all over the car. So he sat for another hr while they kept searching and questioning him about where the gun was. Finally they let him go, but still gave him a defective exhaust ticket. Stay away from Marion, Iowa, those cops suck.

I don't know what I hate more..the "nuisance" tix, or the fact that since I'm older now, I don't get them anymore. I can see the cop "sizing me up" when I'm in the black Corrado, but he always switches off after he sees my face.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
9/22/09 9:32 p.m.
mtn wrote:
You ever take that around Libertyville, maybe with some nice wheels? or was I seeing someone elses?

No. I wish. Sillynoiz salt is slowly reclaiming her.

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt Reader
9/22/09 9:34 p.m.
Tommy Suddard wrote: I found a bunch of shotgun shells in the E30, too. What is it with people and shotgun shells?

I don't know man, I've only found a few normal things like shampoo bottles and pencils since I picked up my E30 last year. Now that I said that I'll probably find something weird when I start removing the carpeting, like a femur

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
9/22/09 9:34 p.m.
RoadWarrior wrote: My old Taurus SHO came a radio faceplate case with cocaine residue in the car. I asked my dad at first wtf it was..he put it to his tongue and went...yep..cocaine. I didn't want to ask how he knew that.

Man, that takes balls. I doubt I'd lick anything in my car, and I've owned it for nine years.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
9/23/09 5:21 a.m.

Zesty pictures of the former owners girlfriend.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
9/23/09 6:11 a.m.

Zebra pattern thong in the glovebox of the E30.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/23/09 6:21 a.m.
Appleseed wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote: My old Taurus SHO came a radio faceplate case with cocaine residue in the car. I asked my dad at first wtf it was..he put it to his tongue and went...yep..cocaine. I didn't want to ask how he knew that.
Man, that takes balls. I doubt I'd lick anything in my car, and I've owned it for nine years.

That's obvious, because Don Johnson showed a whole generation how to taste cocaine in the stupidest way imaginable.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/23/09 7:27 a.m.
foxtrapper wrote: Zesty pictures of the former owners girlfriend.

you are the winner

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
9/23/09 7:45 a.m.

an empty bottle of personal lubruicant

the shift knob was the first thing replaced in that vehicle

Duke
Duke SuperDork
9/23/09 8:40 a.m.

Inside the door panel of my '67 LeMans was a paper lunch sack with a dessicated sandwich, some dissolved potato chips, and a banana the same size, shape, and color as a vanilla bean. This was in about 1982 when I took the car apart.

That was from the factory. I'm assuming that there was a hungry lineworker looking for his lunch one day back in about August of '66, while his buddies laughed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FA7lzutdard73e4Hd033pkUmelHPoTWchZO2QgKHXgVookgVqL3ErXzSOjZOmjsY