TJL
TJL HalfDork
3/27/20 9:57 a.m.

Doing some laundry in between checking my work computer, see my sons swim shorts and it reminds me,

cut the net diaper out leave it? 

When i get a new pair, as im cutting the tags off, im cutting the ridiculous crotch net out. Makes me feel like im wearing a diaper. 

Do you cut the net or leave it?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/27/20 10:13 a.m.

My junks too small 

need all the help I can get 

leave net in 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
3/27/20 10:20 a.m.

I think you're missing the whole purpose of the thing.  When you jump in the water your suit gets wet.  When you get out of the water, your suit sticks to your skin.  Without that mesh inside there, the suit sticks to your....you know.  Old ladies and children will have to avert their eyes.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
3/27/20 10:22 a.m.

Remove.

Having the net up the crack of my ass is uncomfortable. The old ladies and children will have to deal. 

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
3/27/20 10:22 a.m.

Depends on the shorts. My Patagonia surf shorts don't have a net and don't need one as they are pretty slim-legged. Other swim shorts are much more loose-fitting and could easily ride up at inopportune times. YMMV.

secretariata
secretariata SuperDork
3/27/20 10:23 a.m.

Personally I like to keep the huevos from swinging around. Especially considering the greater chance of pain inducing contact during activities involving swimwear.

TJL
TJL HalfDork
3/27/20 10:31 a.m.

In reply to secretariata :

This may end up being a boxers/briefs thing. Im boxers and cant stand the net. 

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy UltraDork
3/27/20 11:20 a.m.

Leave in, that way if I have to run, I don't bruise my inner thighs.

devil

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
3/27/20 11:22 a.m.

I leave it in.  Removing it and wearing nothing but the swim trunks (does anybody call them "trunks" anymore?) invites a "wardrobe malfunction."  Not that I care, but the wife seems to want me to keep my junk covered in public.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/27/20 12:54 p.m.

Cut it out or generally buy board shorts.

I just wear some fast drying boxer briefs under to prevent wardrobe malfunctions.

java230
java230 UberDork
3/27/20 12:59 p.m.

Buy board shorts.... Pre cut out :D

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
3/27/20 1:05 p.m.

I've never cut the liner out. I prefer all loose items to be secured before athletic activity, including swimming.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
3/27/20 1:15 p.m.

Who cares about wardrobe malfunctions, the shorts are only there to keep things legal.... (in some states)

Oregon has very different public nudity laws. Nudity is not a lewd act.

You can be nekid on your property (tend your garden in the buff) Sunbathe, hot tub, etc.

We have the annual naked bike ride through downtown in Portland, and many naked beaches.

However even in the prudish state of California, I cut the net out of any swim trunks (uncomfortable).

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/27/20 1:20 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

I think you're missing the whole purpose of the thing.  When you jump in the water your suit gets wet.  When you get out of the water, your suit sticks to your skin.  Without that mesh inside there, the suit sticks to your....you know.  Old ladies and children will have to avert their eyes.

Every suit I have had has this problem, mesh or no.  I go the athletic support route. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Pxwf8mgvDkz6rhrw7KXtTfsaYkcuBV6L41zUVYxW6F67IVZ4QSABFmDcD93JTSFH