1 2
patgizz
patgizz UberDork
2/6/13 12:57 p.m.

as a father of one who doesn't want more, but has a wife who sometimes gets baby fever, this is very appealing.

however, the paragraph description almost made me lose my meatloaf sandwich.

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
2/6/13 1:56 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: Not sure I'll trust birth control that has only been tested in India.

I dunno, India and China are the countries most in need of effective birth control. Whether or not this magic solution is full of Melamine is another matter entirely.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
2/6/13 2:51 p.m.
sobe_death wrote:
Beer Baron wrote: Not sure I'll trust birth control that has only been tested in India.
I dunno, India and China are the countries most in need of effective birth control. Whether or not this magic solution is full of Melamine is another matter entirely.

i think you missed the point. clearly this method is not curbing the population in india. <--- that's the point right there.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
2/6/13 2:57 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
sobe_death wrote:
i think you missed the point. clearly this method is not curbing the population in india. <--- that's the point right there.

The wired article posted seem to indicate that as of ~2010 the procedure was undergoing final (Indian) gov't testing and there would be a sample size of 500 men. Not sure of it's status or progress since but perhaps there hasn't been enough time to determine effectiveness? At least in terms of population control. It's looking quite effective in the subjects tested, though.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
2/6/13 4:01 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
sobe_death wrote:

Actually I was thinking they are so in need of curbing population that they probably don't care as much what side effects it may have (impotence, permanent sterility, testicular cancer, nasty blockage cyst things) as long as people are making fewer babies.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
2/6/13 5:29 p.m.

I would have gone with the fact that I won't buy drugs made in China or India, why would I buy drugs that the only testing has been done there?

sobe_death
sobe_death HalfDork
2/6/13 5:39 p.m.

The real question is... when are we going to see these home-grown surgeons start appearing in the U.S., injecting concrete into your testicles for $50.

paul
paul HalfDork
2/6/13 5:40 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AOxe3HsQhHjLTTTpvihRlxEIeRbuxf14vP9Yz4GMrStQwch5CdsDbu6sSuMt5jBw