Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill SuperDork
4/17/15 8:15 p.m.

"My father has it, I have it..."

present tense. If that was luke speaking then that'd imply Vader was still alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Has this been discussed? My apologies if it's a repost.

rusty
rusty New Reader
4/17/15 8:29 p.m.

Maybe once you are part of it, you live on after your body dies.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
4/17/15 11:07 p.m.

turboswede
turboswede MegaDork
4/17/15 11:45 p.m.

Ahem: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/new-star-wars-the-force-awakened-teaser/100837/page1/

It's just a repeat of what was said in ROTJ and since Anakin turned into an apparition of the force, one could possibly argue that he still exists.

Of course with all of the clone stuff that has gone on in the extended universe, etc. who knows?

I just want some movies or TV shows about an X-wing squadron or two.

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UberDork
4/17/15 11:59 p.m.

I am not convinced 100% that it was Luke...maybe it was his son. Enough time has certainly passed.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill SuperDork
4/18/15 12:26 a.m.

seriously, I'm chompin at the bit here! So many questions, So many months before this hits the big screen. I can only watch the trailers so many times...

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/18/15 2:07 p.m.
turboswede wrote: Ahem: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/new-star-wars-the-force-awakened-teaser/100837/page1/ It's just a repeat of what was said in ROTJ and since Anakin turned into an apparition of the force, one could possibly argue that he still exists. Of course with all of the clone stuff that has gone on in the extended universe, etc. who knows? I just want some movies or TV shows about an X-wing squadron or two.

I am honestly surprised they have never turned something into a real television show. Just imagine what they could have done with Rogue Squadron. Could have been a scifi version of Black Sheep Squadron

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
4/18/15 3:25 p.m.

In reply to rebelgtp:

Sure sounded a lot like Mark Hamill's voice to me

turboswede
turboswede MegaDork
4/18/15 4:18 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

Look how long Lucas took to do the prequels (and screwed them up, IMO). He just wasn't interested after ROTJ.

Now that Disney has it, it could get very interesting for TV shows and the like, except it's Disney so you'll have to pay for it. Every last bit of it.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/18/15 4:25 p.m.

I might actually go to a theater to see this. Would be the first time since... well... I don't really remember...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/19/15 12:00 a.m.

A Rouge Squadron movie or TV show would rule. If Clone Wars can succeed so well, why not others?

stroker
stroker SuperDork
4/19/15 11:37 a.m.

I am curiously and completely uninterested in the SW reboot. Dunno if it was trauma from the second trilogy or just burnout but I can't summon an ounce of interest. They're going to have to earn my interest with something more than explosions and FX in the new series, like maybe have a good script... I'm not holding my breath.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/19/15 1:20 p.m.

Not a re-boot, a continuation. To me re-boot means starting over, like what they did with Star Trek. I'm hoping fan bois got a hold of it an make it good.

stroker
stroker SuperDork
4/19/15 7:12 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Not a re-boot, a continuation. To me re-boot means starting over, like what they did with Star Trek. I'm hoping fan bois got a hold of it an make it good.

Whatever.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/19/15 8:09 p.m.

I believe that Lucas wrote the first none chapters.. so these might still be his handiwork

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
4/19/15 10:18 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I believe that Lucas wrote the first none chapters.. so these might still be his handiwork

Lucas had a framework and some rough drafts of scripts, which Disney threw away as soon as they had the rights.

madmallard
madmallard Dork
4/20/15 11:01 a.m.

3 words:

John Williams Score.

turboswede
turboswede MegaDork
4/20/15 12:03 p.m.

In reply to madmallard:

What's going to happen to movies when he passes on? Will someone invent a John Williams autotune software solution?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/20/15 2:49 p.m.

In reply to turboswede:

Randy Newman.

turboswede
turboswede MegaDork
4/20/15 3:43 p.m.

Somehow Star Wars with Randy Newman doing the score seems like the type of wrong that only drinking could provide.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/21/15 7:33 a.m.

Hungry Bill, this isn't your seven year old is it?

http://laughingsquid.com/seven-year-old-star-wars-fan-sends-letter-to-george-lucas-asking-to-allow-jedi-to-marry-receives-a-great-response/

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill SuperDork
4/21/15 7:56 a.m.

^ That's awesome! I would be so proud

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GALUjOCZOal1gnSGXbmmfEzctU1vXLuxlGFzFmof1droXu4ZoHHYudzE7faAdFNh