mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
7/30/09 9:06 p.m.

Crossed at Detroit this morning, had a full size spare in the passenger seat of the Miata. This became suspicion of smuggling, and I was asked if they should perform a full cavity search. I offered that it had been some time since my last physical, and if he would enjoy it, sure, why not. This got me a real funny look, and I was told to "be on my way."

the moral of the story? Be a sheep, like the rest of society, and they will not suspect you of smuggling.

cwh
cwh Dork
7/30/09 9:54 p.m.

This scares the bejeezuses out of me cause I travel out of the country a bit. Sorry, but my ancient Irish ass does not need to be interrogated about terrorism.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Dork
7/30/09 10:02 p.m.

Say what meow?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
7/30/09 10:26 p.m.

I saw a news story today about a guy named John Doe. Apparently he gets stopped EVERY time he gets on a plane.

ansonivan
ansonivan New Reader
7/30/09 10:44 p.m.

Meow what's so funny!?

Volksroddin
Volksroddin Dork
7/30/09 11:18 p.m.

Meow, what the problem? When I was driving a 77 acvw bus cop would ask if they could search my bus, I told the they might as well detail it too. they did not pull me evry often.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo SuperDork
7/30/09 11:53 p.m.

Meow, we talk the law damned seriously around here. You take your your city slicker humor and stuff it meow!

walterj
walterj Dork
7/31/09 12:07 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Say what meow?

Smells like sex in here

walterj
walterj Dork
7/31/09 12:08 a.m.

Litre is French for... give me my berkeleyin' cola before I break VOUS berkeleyIN' LIP!

P71
P71 SuperDork
7/31/09 8:34 a.m.

I swear when my plates are due I'm changing them to "Ram Rod"

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
7/31/09 8:40 a.m.

canada eh? ...almost made it

pouteen!

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
7/31/09 8:42 a.m.
cwh wrote: This scares the bejeezuses out of me cause I travel out of the country a bit. Sorry, but my ancient Irish ass does not need to be interrogated about terrorism.

i have not yet been able to leave out of either of the london airports without getting felt up by one british security worker or another

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
7/31/09 9:31 a.m.

Sounds kinky.

EricM
EricM HalfDork
7/31/09 10:37 a.m.

I worked for an Isreali company. I would travel with my boss. Funny how we got stopped at EVERY berkeleying SECURITY CHECPOINT in the berkeleying WORLD!

It got old. Even though I carried an american Passport they didn't seem to give a E36 M3, I got pulled right along with my boss, and after security we always had to go to immigration. Going into Canada we were told that we could talk to Canadian Employees of our comapny but not to our Canadian Customers (?) odd eh.

I finally started asking to get on different flights than my boss.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Reader
7/31/09 11:46 a.m.

I travel with a carry-on Pelican case full of infrared imager and camera gear. Li-ion batteries and wires get the X-ray folks all excited, apparently. It gets sniffed, and I get to do the TSA Dance nearly every time.

Sidenote: On September 11th, 2001 (yeah, that 9-11), I was doing a thermal scan near a refinery in Texas. Upon leaving the site in the afternoon, I saw a plain-wrapper Crown Vic approaching slowly. I KNEW it was a cop of some sort, and I KNEW he would stop me. Yep, I got to meet the local gendarmes.

I was in an unmarked plain white delivery-type van, with cameras, an imager, and such, within sight of very valuable and vulnerable terrorist targets. Nothing suspicious there!

I knew better than to play smartass with the cops. Not too bad - no cavity search, thank you!. I think we were all nervous.

JmfnB
JmfnB SuperDork
7/31/09 11:47 a.m.
slantvaliant wrote: I travel with a carry-on Pelican case full of infrared imager and camera gear. Li-ion batteries and wires get the X-ray folks all excited, apparently. It gets sniffed, and I get to do the TSA Dance nearly every time. Sidenote: On September 11th, 2001 (yeah, that 9-11), I was doing a thermal scan near a refinery in Texas. Upon leaving the site in the afternoon, I saw a plain-wrapper Crown Vic approaching slowly. I KNEW it was a cop of some sort, and I KNEW he would stop me. Yep, I got to meet the local gendarmes. I was in an unmarked plain white delivery-type van, with cameras, an imager, and such, within sight of very valuable and vulnerable terrorist targets. Nothing suspicious there! I knew better than to play smartass with the cops. Not too bad - no cavity search, thank you!. I think we were all nervous.

Too bad, acting like an ass now would get you a trip to the white house for a beer.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
7/31/09 12:14 p.m.
JmfnB wrote:
slantvaliant wrote: I travel with a carry-on Pelican case full of infrared imager and camera gear. Li-ion batteries and wires get the X-ray folks all excited, apparently. It gets sniffed, and I get to do the TSA Dance nearly every time. Sidenote: On September 11th, 2001 (yeah, that 9-11), I was doing a thermal scan near a refinery in Texas. Upon leaving the site in the afternoon, I saw a plain-wrapper Crown Vic approaching slowly. I KNEW it was a cop of some sort, and I KNEW he would stop me. Yep, I got to meet the local gendarmes. I was in an unmarked plain white delivery-type van, with cameras, an imager, and such, within sight of very valuable and vulnerable terrorist targets. Nothing suspicious there! I knew better than to play smartass with the cops. Not too bad - no cavity search, thank you!. I think we were all nervous.
Too bad, acting like an ass now would get you a trip to the white house for a beer.

i wouldn't drink a beer with obama unless the hongs were there with me....

Bobzilla
Bobzilla HalfDork
7/31/09 12:18 p.m.
Strizzo wrote:
cwh wrote: This scares the bejeezuses out of me cause I travel out of the country a bit. Sorry, but my ancient Irish ass does not need to be interrogated about terrorism.
i have not yet been able to leave out of either of the london airports without getting felt up by one british security worker or another

Note to self: Fly to London. often.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
7/31/09 12:25 p.m.
Strizzo wrote: i have not yet been able to leave out of either of the london airports without getting felt up by one british security worker or another

You're complaining?

JmfnB
JmfnB SuperDork
7/31/09 12:31 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
JmfnB wrote:

Spinout007
Spinout007 Reader
8/2/09 9:03 p.m.
JmfnB wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote:
JmfnB wrote:

I just wanna see Obama's face when the whole Hong crew stops in for a beer. Yup one photo of the prez. LOL

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BTcNOjq3sInw5pplAuWJ0oqnNwkOUl43OTfZQbbSXzSn0Yj0JelwhR5eI4wV8dSJ