1 2
JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
12/11/13 8:11 a.m.

Good, safe editorial content that will sell many mags. Snowden is a tough topic and upsets "the system."

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
12/11/13 10:15 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: Another "safe" choice that won't ruffle any feathers or make people think too hard, bravo.
But with some merit. The guy is changing some views.

Indeed......even if he is the figurehead of a religious entity. The man is doing it right.

PHeller
PHeller UberDork
12/11/13 2:25 p.m.

I know some Catholics who are little bit flustered by him. They aren't the types to ruffle feathers, and they don't like church leaders who do similar things. They like things straight and narrow, black and white, they like to have God on their side and I think the new Pope makes them rethink some of these ideas. They went from seeing the Pope as the mostly holy person on earth to suddenly being more political, as soon as they don't like his message.

Very interesting response, to say the least.

I like the guy.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE New Reader
12/11/13 2:28 p.m.

There is not a single person alive or dead who could make that list without people complaining about it on the internet.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
12/11/13 2:37 p.m.
PHeller wrote: I know some Catholics who are little bit flustered by him. They aren't the types to ruffle feathers, and they don't like church leaders who do similar things. They like things straight and narrow, black and white, they like to have God on their side and I think the new Pope makes them rethink some of these ideas. They went from seeing the Pope as the mostly holy person on earth to suddenly being more political, as soon as they don't like his message. Very interesting response, to say the least. I like the guy.

I am Catholic, and I really like the guy. I sometimes remind the folks that don't like him, that the Catholic Church once allowed priests to marry, or that they once placed a man under house arrest for the remainder of his life for teaching that the sun was at the center of the universe. The Church has changed in the past, and will change in the future, as it needs to.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/11/13 8:51 p.m.
yamaha wrote:
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
GameboyRMH wrote: Another "safe" choice that won't ruffle any feathers or make people think too hard, bravo.
But with some merit. The guy is changing some views.
Indeed......even if he is the figurehead of a religious entity. The man is doing it right.

Speaking as an atheist, I like the guy too. He comes across as genuine, non judgmental and open minded.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
12/11/13 9:33 p.m.

At the very least, he was a shoe-in for Pope of the Year.

novaderrik
novaderrik PowerDork
12/11/13 10:05 p.m.
Woody wrote: At the very least, he was a shoe-in for *Pope of the Year*.

he had some competition..

rainydave
rainydave Reader
12/12/13 8:49 a.m.
ScreaminE wrote: There is not a single person alive or dead who could make that list without people complaining about it on the internet.

Exactly!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TrC7EgbntNOAm2DJPDWw9vZIjt68l1kCi8hb3vMOeHqhApk3eVrrOyubgG07Orwy