poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/7/12 12:56 p.m.
Speaking of liveries, Poopshovel, how you liking that livery for the Fit I sent you?

Love it man!!! Thank you so much! I've had so little time to play I haven't put it on the car yet, but will definitely do it! It'd be a cool side by side photo op!!!

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/7/12 1:43 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Beginning of the end Oh E36 M3! I wondered why my car came to a stop so quickly while sliding on it's roof. I now know why.

Been there....

DelayedPenalty
DelayedPenalty New Reader
7/7/12 1:58 p.m.

I snapped some pics from corrado's replay

and a couple closeups of my livery with shameless self-promotional sponsorship!

DelayedPenalty
7/7/12 2:03 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: You too! I think I gave you a little "love tap" while passing. Very sorry. Should've been more patient!

No worries man! If you did, I don't remember, and it obviously didn't put me off track. We raced clean all evening. I think we were close in practice too.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/7/12 2:59 p.m.
DelayedPenalty wrote:
poopshovel wrote: You too! I think I gave you a little "love tap" while passing. Very sorry. Should've been more patient!
No worries man! If you did, I don't remember, and it obviously didn't put me off track. We raced clean all evening. I think we were close in practice too.

Stop the Fit on Fit violence!!! Jesus. I never even thought about a livery to promote my business! A horrible businessman am I!!! Sucks that as of last week, Windows live randomly decided they were just going to stop hosting websites, and my site is GONE (angry.)

Threw you a facebook like Nice work! You have a great eye!

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/7/12 3:05 p.m.

If y'all REALLY want to sponsor a B Spec to promote your business, have I got a deal for you! There aren't many races left in the season though.

http://www.grand-am.com/News/GA_News/tabid/141/Article/38781/grand-am-adds-total-performance-showcase-b-spec-races.aspx?cid=6385&sid=83

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/7/12 3:12 p.m.

Where/how do I find Corrado's replay?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/7/12 3:40 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

I believe I heard you say your business is in Blue Ridge. Out of shear curiosity, what is the name of it? Is it in downtown?

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
7/7/12 4:19 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Where/how do I find Corrado's replay?

Poop, fire up the box, choose the menu for live ("Community"?), select "Storefront". Search storefronts by gamertag. Once my storefront shows up, go to "Replays", I think it's three or four clicks to the right.

Don't know who's updating points, but here's the finishing order (courtesy Poopshovel).

Hey, I shouldn't have to to it, right?..I ran the lobby!..and last time I played pointskeeper, I screwed it up.

friedgreencorrado
7/7/12 4:21 p.m.
DelayedPenalty wrote: and a couple closeups of my livery with shameless self-promotional sponsorship!

I thought that was a good looking car..adds a dose of awesomesauce that it's your real business! I'm reconsidering my livery vote this week.

EDIT: Ransom, you're "Switchblade", right? If you didn't bring the Tampax car, I'm voting for this one..

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/7/12 4:33 p.m.

Fried's pic only has the top 12 listed, cause that's all that will show up. I know I finished 14th, and we had two (Cesar and Stone) that got dropped during the race.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/7/12 4:34 p.m.

I'll throw in a vote for DP...wait...that didn't...delayed penalty!

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/7/12 4:36 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to poopshovel: I believe I heard you say your business is in Blue Ridge. Out of shear curiosity, what is the name of it? Is it in downtown?

It is. I'll PM you. Hate to promote myself on grm w/o paying for advertising.

DelayedPenalty
7/7/12 5:37 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: I'll throw in a vote for DP...wait...that didn't...delayed penalty!

Haha. I use this username on lots of forums, and that's what everyone calls me. Snickering under their breath I'm sure...

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/7/12 6:22 p.m.

Just went and did a 20 lapper with the Kia on Sebring Club against 11 A.I. cars, and turned a 1:21.943, with a little bit of damage. Got clobbered by a Mistubishi Eclipse right off the bat in turn one. 17% damage on the nose, 11% on the sides. I posted the replay to my storefront as "Forza 101"

DelayedPenalty
7/7/12 7:36 p.m.

I was goofing around with tire pressures and sway bar settings this morning and managed a 1:22.3XX, over 1/2 second faster than I qualified last night. I realized afterwards that I was on the default settings...not that it hurt me much. Still can't do a damn thing with the Kia! How do you do it racerfink?!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/7/12 7:40 p.m.
DelayedPenalty wrote: How do you do it racerfink?!

He has been the ringer IMO from the start. Tons of real and virtual seat time. The guy is a pro in my eyes.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/7/12 8:00 p.m.

Some say he never blinks, and that he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/7/12 8:12 p.m.

It helps that I've been racing on Sebring in real life for over 20 years. I KNOW where the fast line is there. You have to really throw the Kia into the corners and hope that it sticks when you get to the apex to get a good lap time out of it. Any course where you have slow corners, and it just doesn't accelerate out of them, though. While there were three corners I was using 2nd gear in last night, they're at the top of 2nd gear, so they're pretty fast corners.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/7/12 8:13 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Some say he never blinks, and that he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves.

Well, I gotta blink, but I can blink one eye at a time, so I got that going for me...

Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero)
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) HalfDork
7/7/12 9:42 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Some of the action

Its almost like i was part of the race!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/7/12 9:45 p.m.
Fit_Is_Slo (ceasarromero) wrote:
racerfink wrote: Some of the action
Its almost like i was part of the race!

All I see in that pic is a clown with a "76" tee shirt on.

friedgreencorrado
7/8/12 1:40 a.m.

Slow in, fast out?

failboat
failboat Dork
7/8/12 5:17 a.m.
racerfink wrote: The Start

That is awesome, so many cars

Redline
Redline New Reader
7/8/12 8:13 a.m.

Man, I was biding time waiting for the crashes to get out of the way to catch up with at least mid pack from the end. Made pretty good moves through traffic as they went to mow the lawn, then bit by bit, little mistakes here and there and it was a fight to not be last again. I do not that my lap times get better and better though, but so do everyone else's!

I am still trying to figure out why only Bootsy's Mazda 2 out accelerates my Yaris. I have put both my cars on the drag strip made tire pressure changes, off idle changes in runs, and each and every time the Yaris is so much faster to the end of the track on a 1/2 mile drag. It totally out accelerates the Mazda 2 all day long from 2nd gear to the end, but on any race track, Bootsy is out accelerating me straight after straight. I can keep up with racerfink and everyone else on acceleration out of a corner at least until I make a mistake. Ah well, testing and tuning both cars to see which one I can get to really go fast. The Mazda 2 seems to corner a little better and get out of the corner from 2nd to 3rd, but the Yaris is quicker from 3rd to 4th and owns top end over everything to include the Fit(the Fit lost the 1/2 mile runs to the Yaris each time as well, but was darn close in the 1/4). Maybe I'll mess around with a Nissan and the Kia during the week, but also stick to practice with the Yaris since it is my regular racer...maybe tire pressures. I'll have to pull up the replay and telemetry to see what Bootsy's tricks are ;)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8o2aqyCue8sVM625bPfUxsO33drzHdFdSw9B1akFzUejQaWzvyWTfCFYPLmjuYI7