Geekspeed
Geekspeed Reader
7/17/12 11:36 a.m.

Damn you people! Now I need a freaking Xbox. My wife is going to hang me.

Geekspeed
Geekspeed Reader
7/17/12 11:50 a.m.

Out of curiosity, are most of you guys using a wheel setup, or the standard controller. I am assuming wheel.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
7/17/12 12:49 p.m.

Actually, I think most people are using the controller, as am I.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave HalfDork
7/17/12 3:30 p.m.

Quick question: is there a way to join fellow Team GRM members in a private lobby if they aren't on your "friends" list? Also, I can never find the GRM race lobby when just searching through private races -- even when I know Team GRM folks are online. These are probably "total n00b" questions, but well, I'm a "total n00b" when it comes to Xbox Live...

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/17/12 4:02 p.m.
LainfordExpress wrote: Actually, I think most people are using the controller, as am I.

Yep, controller here.

Dust off Dave said: Quick question: is there a way to join fellow Team GRM members in a private lobby if they aren't on your "friends" list? Also, I can never find the GRM race lobby when just searching through private races -- even when I know Team GRM folks are online. These are probably "total n00b" questions, but well, I'm a "total n00b" when it comes to Xbox Live...

Just friend a few of the GRM people and you will see people coming on and off of XBox Live. When they are on your friends list you can usually join their session.

DustoffDave
DustoffDave HalfDork
7/17/12 4:26 p.m.

Cool, I thought that was probably the only way to do it, but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something obvious. Thanks.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
7/17/12 5:29 p.m.

Controller here, too.

I'm taking turn 1 at Hockenheim in 4th at around 85.

Does anyone know who had fast lap around Sebring? Also, we've seven of the top twelve from Catalunya checked in; any ideas who the other five may be?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/17/12 6:04 p.m.

In reply to griffin729:

My power went out during last weeks race so I got dropped half way through. I am not sure if that is part of the twelve or not.

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress Reader
7/17/12 9:01 p.m.

I was 12th.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/17/12 9:02 p.m.

In reply to griffin729: I had the fast lap at Sebring.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/17/12 9:10 p.m.
Geekspeed wrote: Out of curiosity, are most of you guys using a wheel setup, or the standard controller. I am assuming wheel.

The wheel is almost totally useless unless you have a way to mount it up properly. Almost everybody on here uses the controller.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
7/17/12 9:43 p.m.
DustoffDave wrote: Cool, I thought that was probably the only way to do it, but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something obvious. Thanks.

IIRC, if you're a member of the GRM club, you can also set up your own lobby, and pop "Invite Team Members" after you've got it set up.

friedgreencorrado
7/17/12 9:53 p.m.
Geekspeed wrote: Out of curiosity, are most of you guys using a wheel setup, or the standard controller. I am assuming wheel.

Not me. I have yet to find any wheel that works as well with the xBox as the various Logitech wheels do with GT4-5 and PC games.

I keep hearing that Fanatec made one a few years back that's pretty good, but it was crazy expensive and has been discontinued.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
7/17/12 10:03 p.m.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I do have the standings for Sebring saved on my phone, and I have the replay of catalunya but haven't looked to see if it is till the end or not.

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/18/12 2:19 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: Not me. I have yet to find any wheel that works as well with the xBox as the various Logitech wheels do with GT4-5 and PC games. I keep hearing that Fanatec made one a few years back that's pretty good, but it was crazy expensive and has been discontinued.

I've got the Fanatec setup, it's not discontinued as I picked it up recently. It works great with the Xbox and Forza 4 but you're right, it's not cheap.

There's a pic of my setup on my blog here: My Forza 4 Simulation Setup

No claims on it making me any faster, but it sure is fun. :)

Rxbalt
Rxbalt New Reader
7/18/12 2:41 a.m.

I tried chasing FGC around the track in the Fiat today. Man, that car has issues. I'm not the best in the club, by any means, but driving that made my Fiesta feel nimble.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
7/18/12 8:47 p.m.

Ok, this is what I have for points standings, so far.

After Sebring:

Pole: TheBootsy

Winner: TheBootsy

Fastest Lap: racerfink

Season Standings:

AtticusTurbo27 - 73

Mutant Racing - 58

Tazbuck - 43

Lainford Express - 40

Duke of Understeer - 38 Griffin729 - 38

TheBootsy - 36

Friedgrncorrado - 35

Anti Stance - 33

Racerfink - 26

Switchblade762 - 21

thesaabstig - 18

Paragon Player - 16 Leeroy Jenkins - 16

Poopshovel - 15

szeis4cookie - 13

Graefin10 - 7

RoadRaceDart - 9

Fit is Slo - 3

Smokin Ez - 1

TurboJavelin - 0

Best Livery - FGC

After Catalunya:

Pole: TheBootsy

Winner: TheBootsy

Fastest Lap: TheBootsy

Season Standings:

AtticusTurbo27 - 88

TheBootsy - 63

Mutant Racing - 62

Griffin729 - 50

Friedgrncorrado - 43 Racerfink - 43 Tazbuck - 43

Lainford Express - 41

Duke of Understeer - 38

Anti Stance - 33

Switchblade762 - 31

thesaabstig - 18 Paragon Player - 18

Leeroy Jenkins - 16

Poopshovel - 15

szeis4cookie - 13

RoadRaceDart - 12

Graefin10 - 7

DelayedPenalty - 6

Fit is Slo - 3

Smokin Ez - 1

TurboJavelin - 0

Best Livery - No Votes Yet

The standings are still missing some data. Notably 8th from Catalunya. Also let me know if I've duplicated anyone by listing them under gamer tag and screen name.

EDIT: updated and consolidated points 7/21

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/18/12 8:50 p.m.

In reply to griffin729:

I believe I came in 11th at Catalunya.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
7/18/12 9:01 p.m.

updated

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/18/12 9:11 p.m.

In reply to griffin729:

Sorry, should have mentioned, I'm Paragon Player on Xbox.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
7/18/12 9:22 p.m.

Bootsy had the pole at Sebring

friedgreencorrado
7/18/12 9:25 p.m.
afonseca wrote: I've got the Fanatec setup, it's not discontinued as I picked it up recently. It works great with the Xbox and Forza 4 but you're right, it's not cheap. There's a pic of my setup on my blog here: My Forza 4 Simulation Setup No claims on it making me any faster, but it sure is fun. :)

Cool! Does that thing let you set how much wheel rotation you can use? One thing I love about the Logitech is that it would let me (not so much in GT, but on PC games) set that. One of the reasons I hate all the wheels I've tried for xBox only let me have 180deg or so, the Logitech let me set it for as much as 720 or so if I wanted (and I used to race modified street cars, so..I wanted! ).

I also had to retune all my cars after getting the wheel. With so much steering lock, they all understeered like a SOB with the tune I'd set up for the controller. Don't know if Forza's the same as GT, but it's something to think about.

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/18/12 9:33 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

Yea, this thing is pretty adjustable. Steering can be adjusted from 90 to 900 degrees. I'm using the default settings so far as it's tuned pretty well for me. I did adjust the brake pedal resistance to feel more natural for me, otherwise it was good to go.

RoadRaceDart
RoadRaceDart Reader
7/18/12 9:34 p.m.

I think I was 10th at Catalunya....

friedgreencorrado
7/18/12 9:39 p.m.

I'm thinking it's time for a "Roll Call" (Forum Name=Gamertag) post, but I'm not sure if it should be here, or in the stickied thread about Forza gamertags. Anyone have any suggestions?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cvXATFJ2cYuNYMMyL4AHJUInT6BUgfGd3IINdiHvuC5bxkfcRHkQHGmLyi46SdLY