friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
7/24/12 9:40 p.m.
griffin729 wrote: I've so far managed to turn a fluke 1:44.4 on Motegi. Closest I've been to matching that one flier is a 1:44.9 with consistent 1:45.2's. Unfortunately, it looks like I might miss this week. Helping a friend escape from Iowa now that he has finished his master program at Iowa State, and it is probably more logical to start driving early after work than waiting until the race is over around 11 to begin the 8 hour drive.

Hate to hear you have to sit one out, but it sounds like a good plan. Good luck with the trip!

failboat
failboat Dork
7/25/12 4:43 p.m.

My Microsoft wheel finally crapped on me today, the force feedback is no longer functioning, so its acting like any other $20 wheel automatically trying to center all the time. its terrible. I cannot race/drift like this. #firstworldproblems

I have had owned 2 MS wheels and even new out of the box they were a bit of a crapshoot and each time I had to return a faulty wheel to get "good" one. You cant do that anymore so its probably a berkeleying hassle to try and get one that works I imagine.

Is anyone racing with a Fanatec wheel of any sort? I am srsly debating getting their cheapest kit with the pedals (and maybe throw in that gear shift) vs. trying to get a used MS wheel.

friedgreencorrado
7/25/12 5:00 p.m.

afonseca (ParagonPlayer) has the Fanatec.

http://myracingjourney.com/2012/07/my-forza-4-simulation-setup/

His is one of the fancy ones (that's why he built a full rig for it), but shoot him a PM, I bet he'd help.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/25/12 5:12 p.m.

anyone gonna be on in a little bit that would like to do some laps?

failboat
failboat Dork
7/25/12 5:30 p.m.

cool thanks I will send him a message.

mutant
mutant New Reader
7/25/12 5:45 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: anyone gonna be on in a little bit that would like to do some laps?

yep-as soon as i get my laundry swapped!

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
7/25/12 5:56 p.m.

Thought you guys might be interested in this:

http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/2012/06/09/dan-greenawalt-of-forza-motorsports/

Dan Greenawalt talks about Forza with Adam Corolla.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/26/12 8:23 p.m.

You guys remember how we were talking about how stupid a fake moon landing would be last Friday during practice? Here is a funny sketch I ran across about it.

Fake moon landing planning

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/26/12 9:02 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: You guys remember how we were talking about how stupid a fake moon landing would be last Friday during practice? Here is a funny sketch I ran across about it. Fake moon landing planning

The great thing about that was I had everyone BUT Jay (friedgreen) muted. So my wife, who has been giving me E36 M3 for being a total nerd with the forza thing, is chilling on the couch with me, everythings quiet, and all of a sudden there's this big loud, "Yeah, and I mean, seriously, you think Neal berkeleyin Armstrong is gonna be down for some E36 M3 like faking a moon landing?" (paraphrasing. I was buzzed.) We both had a good laugh. And then made out. Sorry I held up practice.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/26/12 10:06 p.m.

friedgreencorrado
7/26/12 10:15 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: You guys remember how we were talking about how stupid a fake moon landing would be last Friday during practice? Here is a funny sketch I ran across about it. Fake moon landing planning

I love that clip!!

I can't find a citation for it at the moment, but I recall reading an article years (10 or more) ago comparing the production costs of Kubrick's "2001" to the cost of the Lunar Landing Program.

Turns out that if you compare the $ spent per minute of video, it really would be cheaper just to go land on the stinking moon than it would be to fake it, given the technology of the time. And that's long before you have to think about the cost of assassinating or "paying off" 400,000 people in the alleged coverup.

Sorry I got so long-winded, I get pissed off about the berkeleying "hoax" morons. My favorite aunt was one of those 400,000.

Pop that motherberkeleyer again, Buzz.
http://viraltoob.com/media/buzz-aldrin-punch

Aside to Poop: Making out before practice puts you in the same boat as James Hunt, doesn't it?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/26/12 10:33 p.m.

In reply to friedgreencorrado:

Here is another conspiracy they did.

Princess Di

friedgreencorrado
7/26/12 10:46 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

"And the good news is that it only involves swearing another 15 or so people to perpetual silence."

DelayedPenalty
DelayedPenalty New Reader
7/27/12 12:47 p.m.

Press release: 7/27/2012

EightFive Motorsports (aka Me!) announce that they have signed a deal with Kia Motors to run the Cee'd (Rio) for the remainder of the 2012 BSpec season. The swap from Honda to Kia was deemed a "personal matter" by owner DelayedPenalty, who drives a Kia on the streets.

The familiar black and yellow scheme is gone in favor of red, white, and black but will retain Martin Design sponsorship.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/27/12 4:16 p.m.

Leavin work early. I know there's a 1:43.99 out there.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
7/27/12 6:59 p.m.

Have fun tonight! I'm off for 8 hours of Interstate drive. See y'all online next week.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/27/12 7:03 p.m.

Man, Griffin! Now who am I gonna battle with on track in that 4th to 6th position?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
7/27/12 7:03 p.m.

Oh, I am getting on now.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/27/12 7:06 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Man, Griffin! Now who am I gonna battle with on track in that 4th to 6th position?

Hopefully me! Semi consistent 1:45's. Occassional 1:44's. Best of 1:44.3. No idea where I stack up.

mutant
mutant New Reader
7/27/12 7:47 p.m.
poopshovel wrote: Leavin work early. I know there's a 1:43.99 out there.

1:42.8 clean....

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/27/12 8:28 p.m.

Yeah, well, you're a berkeleying mutant. I was talkin about "regular people" times. Fun practice. Jesus, you fast guys are consistent.

1:44.2 clean (before practice.) 1:44.7 clean in practice.

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/27/12 8:31 p.m.

I was getting 1:44s but not seeing them online so who knows.

poopshovel
poopshovel PowerDork
7/27/12 10:09 p.m.

C*nt punted on the 1st or 2nd lap again. Oh well. Left me and FGC in a good clean game of cat and mouse for the last ten laps or so. Good times!

mutant
mutant New Reader
7/27/12 10:58 p.m.

yep-that was a fun race-the bootsey almost got me there for a while!

afonseca
afonseca New Reader
7/28/12 1:03 a.m.

Hey everyone, great race on a fast little track. I posted a video clip of my pass for 3rd early in the race on my blog. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to hold on to it for very long but it was a blast regardless:

http://myracingjourney.com/2012/07/forza-4-race-motegi-east/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2MGZ5xcTvp3BNSkEBuL8myZC1UsOHo4Y7im82loCkvH8Qft5TrBzt4uSN7BylaJI