4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
11/22/09 3:08 p.m.

ZOMG:

effing rad

zoomx2
zoomx2 Reader
11/22/09 5:06 p.m.

Ahhh, those pics brought back a lot of memories. Pretty much every cover of BMX Action and Freestylin' is on that site.

Goldmember
Goldmember Reader
11/22/09 6:08 p.m.

Simply Awesome:

xci_ed6
xci_ed6 Reader
11/22/09 6:22 p.m.
Goldmember wrote: Simply Awesome:

hmmm, me likey

snipes
snipes Reader
11/22/09 7:36 p.m.

I watch Joe Kid On A Stingray for the third time last week. If you have not seen it get Fuel TV ASAP or just buy it. It's great! Love the pictures.

motomoron
motomoron Reader
11/22/09 10:45 p.m.

I took the '81 or 2 GT 26" BMX cruiser down from it's hook for a polishing just today...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
11/23/09 7:04 a.m.

My nephew really likes those little finger bike toys, so the wife and I decided to pick him up a few for his 6th Bday. Imagine how stoked I was to find vintage Haro, PK Rippers and Mongoose bikes complete with frame pads and neon mag wheels! Righteous!

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
11/23/09 7:17 a.m.
Tifosi2k2 wrote: So rad. I was talking to my brother just the other day about my search for my old Haro. Got to talking about PK Rippers, Kuwaharas, etc... Definitely a blast from the past.

I still have a PK frame with a mint set of Landing Gear forks at my dad's place. I have an old Hutch and a JMC there as well. My cousin rode a Kuwahara for a while. I never rode any of these; I started out on a Huffy and ended up on a GT (eventually). Man, those were the days!

-Les

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
11/23/09 7:50 a.m.

FWIW, That PK and Hutch are probably worth some money. I sold my looptail PK frame several months ago for a fw hundred, and it wasn't in great shape. Hutch stuff pulls ridiculous money on ebay.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
11/23/09 8:19 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: My nephew really likes those little finger bike toys, so the wife and I decided to pick him up a few for his 6th Bday. Imagine how stoked I was to find vintage Haro, PK Rippers and Mongoose bikes complete with frame pads and neon mag wheels! Righteous!

I found a Supergoose just like the one I had stolen while I was out shopping a couple weeks ago.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker Dork
11/23/09 8:39 a.m.

This thread has me wondering what happened to my old Kabuki... it got ditched as primary transport sometime around '84 in favor of a Monte Carlo but it was a sweet ride. I should dig thru my fathers shed and see if its still there.

Buckhead
Buckhead Reader
11/23/09 8:53 a.m.

I'm bringing my elf out. cue "send me an angel"

Buckhead
Buckhead Reader
11/23/09 8:56 a.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyW9864AXVk

Travis_K
Travis_K Dork
11/23/09 9:36 a.m.

I have a late 80s haro master Id sell if someone wants one. Its the blue/black/chrome colored one.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
11/23/09 9:42 a.m.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=253644

paulmpetrun
paulmpetrun New Reader
11/23/09 10:14 a.m.

Ohh man, more memories than ever flooding back. I still have my original 1981 Powerlight mini that I started on, along with a Kuwahara. Still wish I had my Hutch mini from when Mr. Hutchinson started out and had a few of us as factory riders. This was all just before the massive explosion of the REALLY big teams, that would travel the country for the nationals.

I love the Joe Kid on a stingray movie. definately worth owning if your a former bmx'r or at all interested in bmx!

Man I loved hanging around guys Like Perry Kramer, Toby Henderson, and R.L. Osborne and a bunch of others at the races. I'll never forget watching PK bunny hop his bike a solid four feet + in the air. He would actually pull up twice on the bars, once on the ground and once in mid berkelying air. It was so freaking awesome being a 10 year old and getting to hang with those guys.

Thanks for the memories, and is there already a thread some place for old bike pics. If not I'll start one.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
11/23/09 7:18 p.m.

I remember so many of those photos from the pages of BMX action and Freestylin"!!!

Funny how things come around again. This looks like it could have been taken today:

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/23/09 7:19 p.m.
gamby wrote: I remember so many of those photos from the pages of BMX action and Freestylin"!!! Funny how things come around again. This looks like it could have been taken today:

Funny. I think I have those same shoes. (Okay, not in that color combo, though.)

f86sabjf
f86sabjf New Reader
11/23/09 7:27 p.m.

have a Pk at Dads house last i knew . Maybe its time to clean it up and display it. I think theres a Royal Enfield in his attic to.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VR8A5ilc8WY4V4zOyRq67KZlkaOpsHsCWftmfceD4xDUIesShzCMJYZuWRTv7RIM