6 7 8
Tk8398
Tk8398 HalfDork
8/28/24 6:14 p.m.

I went to the Happy Sundays free festival in Long Beach plus a warehouse punk show and another one in a bar this past weekend.Lots of good bands, Gylt, Fusion Babies, Niis, Egg Drop Soup, Buzzed Lightbeer, Pop Hysteria, Pegzilla and lots more.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/28/24 7:05 p.m.

I saw The Roots, Arrested Development, and Digable Planets last weekend. T'was a good time, highly recommend.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/28/24 7:32 p.m.

That would be last Friday night at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth. Chicago and Earth Wind and Fire. Both bands were on stage at the end. There must have been at least 20 people up there all playing at the same time and most of them were about ten years older than I am.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/28/24 7:44 p.m.

I forgot about this thread. For my birthday in June I say one of my remaining "bucket list" singers, George Strait.  I have been a fan for as long as I've had a radio and don't recall him ever coming to the area, so I had to hold my nose and cross the river to Giants Stadium in Jersey and see him.  Opening acts were Little Big Town, who I didn't think I knew but was able to sing most of their songs, and then Chris Stapleton who I really like. Both put on great hour plus long performances before George came on.  I was afraid at his age it might be a little rough, but he was as much fun to see as I'd hoped.  Overall it was almost six hours of music and really not a bad one in the whole show. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/28/24 9:11 p.m.

Lemonheads tomorrow night. Can't wait

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/31/24 2:19 p.m.

Last night we saw Pylon Reenactment Society with The Pauses. PRS is the modern version of Pylon–supposedly R.E.M.’s favorite band, while The Pauses come out of Orlando. 

It sounded a bit like this.

Toyman!
Toyman! MegaDork
8/31/24 8:46 p.m.

Tonight. The city opened a new amphitheater about 400 yards from my back porch. 

It was berkeleying terrible. Like a Donk parked in my back yard for hours. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/31/24 9:01 p.m.

Journey, Def Leppard, and Steve Miller Band.

July 13.  Truist Park. Atlanta. 

johndej
johndej UltraDork
8/31/24 9:16 p.m.

Caught the last 2 acts of Richmond's jazz festival a few weeks ago, Saint Paul and the Broken Bones followed by Ludacris. Both fantastic performances and 2nd time seeing Luda, who puts on a very polished show.

David S. Wallens
9/2/24 12:53 p.m.

More live music this past Saturday up in Jax: Pylon Reenactment Society (again) with It‘s Snakes. The latter features Hope Nicholls, formerly of Fetchin Bones, on vocals (and also drums). Killer performance all around. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/2/24 1:19 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

SP&BB are on my list for someday. I really want to see them. I've heard they do a fantastic live show.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/2/24 1:22 p.m.

Gaslight Anthem at Fillmore Detroit last night with AK1:

This venue was called the State Theatre for decades. It is a very cool old place.

David S. Wallens
9/2/24 1:32 p.m.

And some pics from Friday’s show. I still need to sort through Saturday’s.

Pylon Reenactment Society:

And The Pauses:

All taken with my Fuji X100V so a fixed 23mm lens (35mm in 35mm equivalency.)

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/4/24 12:22 a.m.

Just now.

Coheed & Cambria (eh? Never a huge fan) opened for Incubus on the 23rd (???) anniversary of the Morning View album.

Excellent concert. 

A post shared by E F (@evanf67)

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
9/8/24 12:03 p.m.

The 500 pounds show we saw 6 months was so good, when they booked a small wedding venue in Delhi, Ontario I had to go. Tickets, because the venue wasn't much bigger than my basement, we're $90, but it was worth it, and another great show.

Their new drummer is really young, and has improved so much in the last couple years, it's really nice to see the progress. They guy is really good

Lousy iphone pic:

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
9/9/24 12:29 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

That is a really awesome venue. I love that era theater. 

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/9/24 10:10 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to johndej :

SP&BB are on my list for someday. I really want to see them. I've heard they do a fantastic live show.

We saw a stripped down acoustic version of SP&BB in a little chapel in Charleston ahead of the High Water music festival one year. Was one of the more memorable performances I've attended, and I probably couldn't name you 4 songs of theirs. Was really good. Dude has some real dynamic range on his voice. 

Edit: put it to Google machine because I thought I recalled it was commercially recorded. It was: https://gardenandgun.com/video/back-porch-session-st-paul-broken-bones/

And to answer original question for thread, Floyd Fest was my last live music. I was there for 4 days with both kids (~4 and ~1), wife, my parents, my sister and her family/kids, my best friend, and a bunch of friendly strangers. Was a blast. Town Mountain, the Heavy Heavy and Vincent Neil Emerson were probably my favorite acts I saw there. 

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/9/24 10:22 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Just now.

Coheed & Cambria (eh? Never a huge fan) opened for Incubus on the 23rd (???) anniversary of the Morning View album.

Excellent concert. 

I totalled my FD RX-7 while 'Warning' was cranked to 11. I found a certain irony in that, at a superficial level, and haven't forgotten it. 

6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OUp2Q6iwL94DOf4QyTnCj9uzHlO8DiSzMyM3dDkBXeF6NgitC3r4N5HIwCKghPAM