1 2 3
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/17/24 10:18 p.m.

I wish our 2019 Fit had a CD player, that's one of the reasons I prefer our 09 instead(the 09's seats are way easier on my backside after an hour+ as well).

RX8driver
RX8driver Reader
3/18/24 9:04 a.m.

I wear gloves in the winter, but would still like the heated wheel. My gloves don't operate the touch screen and the finger tips are bulky enough to make getting the sun visor down difficult. I've seen the thread with the parts list, but I'm not sure it's worth that much to me overall. It would have been much cheaper to do from the factory, with not having to pay for 2 clock springs and 2 wheels.

APEowner
APEowner UltraDork
3/18/24 10:16 a.m.

My truck is optioned pretty much the way I would have done it had I bought it new.  I would have liked a wireless phone charger, LED bed lights a gooseneck hitch and a sunroof.  I added everything except the sunroof.

slefain
slefain UltimaDork
3/18/24 4:35 p.m.

Blind spot monitor would be nice. My 2001 E46 already has an Android touchscreen headunit with bluetooth and Android Auto, so I'm really happy with it. But driving a car with the little warning lights in the side mirrors letting you know there's a car beside you is nice in Atlanta traffic.

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard Marketing Coordinator
3/18/24 4:44 p.m.

Bluetooth CarPlay and maybe power seats with presets to make switching between drivers easier.

A hitch for a bike rack would be sweet too, but in theory I could solve that problem right now if I felt like spending a couple hundred bucks.

P3PPY
P3PPY SuperDork
3/18/24 7:06 p.m.

I wish all of my cars were like the BMW and had cruise that was always ready to go without having to first turn it on. And I wish its rain sensing wipers didn't require that I first turn them on. 

And a heated steering wheel like the Dodge. 

And *effective* heated seats like the Saabaru. 

Id also like little cameras all around the car so when pulling out from the house I could make sure I wasn't going to kill a child or a child's toy. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
3/18/24 7:43 p.m.

Oh, yeah I wish everything had a heated steering wheel.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
3/18/24 9:49 p.m.

I just wish my 2019 Tacoma had heated seats. They were only available in a package with the world's cheesiest looking leather seats and a sunroof, neither of which I wanted.

It's ridiculous that they weren't  standard on a nearly $40k truck. 

preach
preach UltraDork
3/19/24 4:27 a.m.

Teleportation.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
3/19/24 9:54 a.m.

I -really- like daily-driving the Bolt.

I would like the steering wheel and seat heater to be more hot. I would like the radio to default to off until I plug in my phone. I always use Android Auto every time I am in the car. The stock radio could be better.

That's it.

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard Marketing Coordinator
3/19/24 10:05 a.m.

Now that I think about it more: adjustable lumbar support

jmabarone
jmabarone HalfDork
3/19/24 10:15 a.m.

Sometimes I wish the Fiesta was a manual but the DCT is pretty good.  

cyow5
cyow5 Reader
3/19/24 10:22 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

I just wish my 2019 Tacoma had heated seats. They were only available in a package with the world's cheesiest looking leather seats and a sunroof, neither of which I wanted.

It's ridiculous that they weren't  standard on a nearly $40k truck. 

My Taco came with dealer-installed Katzkin seat covers that I think suit it very well. The seat heaters and switchgear were awfully cheap, but I got them to throw in an original and unmodified trim panel so I can eventually run a more OE look on the heaters. I just don't use them much and I usually park in the garage anyways. The seats though really added more value to me than I would've expected. I think they look more the part in a truck of this price point, and I didn't find any other manuals with leather. The big upside is that they make it easy for me to just recover the seats down the road if they ever get trashed. 

@P3PPY, I loved the cruise control on my E91 for that very reason. What's funny is that the Toyota user manual for my Tacoma makes it sound like CC is super dangerous and must be deployed judiciously.  To run without the radar, you have to hold the arm button down for like two seconds and then set it. I also loved how the BMW would dip the passenger side mirror when backing up so you could see the parking line and curb behind you. There's zero hardware required to the do that since you've already got electrically adjustable mirrors, so I don't understand why more don't do that. Patent issue maybe? 

Wicked93gs
Wicked93gs Reader
3/19/24 10:47 a.m.
docwyte said:

Previous cars have had cooled seats, heated steering wheel, CarPlay and adaptive cruise control.  I really like CarPlay, the aftermarket modules to add it are never that seamless.  I added one to my Land Cruiser and it worked, but used the Toyota bluetooth for calls.  So if I got in the truck on a call already, it would hand off from the phone to BT, to the CarPlay and then back to BT.  The caller would hear all sorts of pops and beeps.  My sister in particular didn't like it.

I actually just use a cigarette lighter bluetooth adapter that broadcasts on a free FM channel...works like a charm for both audio and phone, probably the best $5 I ever spent on Amazon.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
3/19/24 10:52 a.m.

CarPlay, ventilated seats.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
3/19/24 10:55 a.m.

My daily is a 2020 Kia Forte GT with the 6-speed manual. While I like it overall, and it checks off most of the "nice to haves", I do wish it had a few more of them:

-Heated/Cooled seats
-Heated steering wheel
-More durable seat material
-About 30 more HP
-A rear wiper
-Wireless Android Auto/Car Play

Next daily will probably be a boring appliance with adequate power and every creature comfort I can get. I'm getting old. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/19/24 10:58 a.m.

leather vs "sensatec"

better sound system

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nAbwHXHE1Qs0Iq2jXCFmdSa6SOzoMHELAB55XlLugRpXBHiZFPXFGdvchiySaXkQ