camarofreak1456
camarofreak1456
4/3/12 9:27 a.m.

What do you think about a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 396 BBC 4 Speed matching numbers original Kelly Green with White Interior?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UberDork
4/3/12 9:31 a.m.

Could you be more specific?

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
4/3/12 9:31 a.m.

Sounds good.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
4/3/12 9:35 a.m.

I'll take it! Thanks!!

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
4/3/12 9:38 a.m.

No specific thoughts, more of a stream of consciousness about seeing too many American muscle and pony cars on the road and wishing that I saw more euro cars from about the same era that were regularly cruising around instead of the rare sightings that they actually are and when I painted my old bronco green it was weird. It was like the paint actually smelled green. Even weirder painting the MG - it's gray, same type of paint but it didn't really smell gray. If it were orange and white instead of green I might think about a creamsicle.

BBsGarage
BBsGarage HalfDork
4/3/12 9:39 a.m.

I dont think, it only gets me in trouble when I do.

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
4/3/12 10:24 a.m.

Well, it has a 396. Not one of GMs better engines The car would be better with a small block. Other than that , the '67 is one of the better looking Camaro's.

tuna55
tuna55 UltraDork
4/3/12 10:33 a.m.
iceracer wrote: Well, it has a 396. Not one of GMs better engines The car would be better with a small block. Other than that , the '67 is one of the better looking Camaro's.

I'll take either one. The big block is better for nostalgia.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
4/3/12 12:37 p.m.

Mmmmmm...

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
4/3/12 12:51 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
iceracer wrote: Well, it has a 396. Not one of GMs better engines The car would be better with a small block. Other than that , the '67 is one of the better looking Camaro's.
I'll take either one. The big block is better for nostalgia.

And torque.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
4/3/12 1:00 p.m.

I think 10 times more "RS/SS" Camaros exist now than when they were built.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic UltimaDork
4/3/12 1:05 p.m.
oldtin wrote: No specific thoughts, more of a stream of consciousness about seeing too many American muscle and pony cars on the road and wishing that I saw more euro cars from about the same era that were regularly cruising around

I seriously see more classic European stuff on the road in Huntsville then American muscle.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
4/3/12 1:23 p.m.

I think that gas is almost $4 a gallon and it ain't even summer yet.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/3/12 1:28 p.m.

I think I should have bought one in '67.

jrw1621
jrw1621 PowerDork
4/3/12 1:30 p.m.

Verses what?

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
4/3/12 1:47 p.m.

When I lived in Jacksonville, FL. in the '70s, it wasn't all that uncommon to see vintage European sedans and sports cars on the streets and on used car lots. But, then everyone decided to trade in their barely reliable Euro-mobile for a Toyota Camry. You can find vintage Mercedes sedans, tho no sporty cars, and if you REALLY look long and hard you can find a vintage BMW sedan (usually a 3 series) but finding a French or Italian car? Not likely. And Jacksonville used to be a port of entry for most makes, so that we even had a "certified" repair centers for Peugeots and Citroens in different parts of town.

From driving all over the eastern part of the U.S. it would seem that as cities "mature" folks become less likely to throw money away on risky car brands.

FWIW, I have seen a few different models of the Daewoo sedans, including a Pontiac LeMans (the built in Korea one), in this area.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
4/3/12 1:53 p.m.

In reply to jrw1621:

Incognito vs. thread.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/3/12 2:18 p.m.

I dunno.....I've always been a fan of the 396. My brother had one in his 72 Camaro and it was a beast. It sounded awesome, spun to 7K RPM and produced a ton of power. Shame that the car was so heavy and the gearing too tall. The engine weighed a ton, but so do all iron big blocks.

I'm still more of a SBC guy, but I don't see the problem with the 396. (Granted I'm not all-knowing about the various BBC motors)

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/3/12 2:24 p.m.

I like it. Then I also liked my brother's blue six cylinder stick car a lot.

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer HalfDork
4/3/12 2:54 p.m.

Not my 1st color choice. But, if you're buying, I won't complain

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fp80ojXMvtx1jHe8AXS7yMWPHb4SOcyGFOslPUD5rTlZDKh5eek2NCXAOPWNCkcc