Jay
Jay HalfDork
5/27/08 4:07 a.m.

Okay, I know what SBC is but not LBC. All I can think of is "long block Chevy" which doesn't make sense and is wrong for some of the contexts I've seen it used in. Enlighten me please.

• J
Luke
Luke HalfDork
5/27/08 4:20 a.m.

Here's a clue, you just bought one :grin:

Little British Car that is. Well, sort of, anyway - usually refers to sprites, midgets, B's etc.

Dwight Varnes
Dwight Varnes SuperDork
5/27/08 5:17 a.m.

Not to be confused with LCB, which is "long center branch" in regards to exhaust header systems for Minis and others.

Jay
Jay HalfDork
5/27/08 5:35 a.m.

"Little British Car?" How... boring and descriptive. I'm going to rechristen it "Lucas Bastard Child." Still means the same thing, just sounds so much more like a proper GRMboard project.

> J

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/27/08 6:20 a.m.

long beach county.. where snoop d o double gizzle lives... duh...

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
5/27/08 8:25 p.m.

Nay, Nay, it's more specific than Little British Car, it's Little British Convertible.

mtn
mtn Dork
5/27/08 8:38 p.m.
oldopelguy wrote: Nay, Nay, it's more specific than Little British Car, it's Little British Convertible.

I disagree, isn't an MGBGT or a GT6 in the category?

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/27/08 8:40 p.m.

Lucas Bastard Child? As someone who's owned both, I'd say definitely.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut New Reader
5/27/08 10:03 p.m.
Jay wrote: Okay, I know what SBC is but not LBC. All I can think of is "long block Chevy" which doesn't make sense and is wrong for some of the contexts I've seen it used in. Enlighten me please. -J

Of note, it's "Large Block Chevy"

Details, details.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/27/08 10:46 p.m.
ignorant wrote: long beach county.. where snoop d o double gizzle lives... duh...

Lotsa drama there, too

(1:24) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czyfws7OLCs

:cool:

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/28/08 1:06 a.m.

With so much drama in the large block of cheese, its kinda hard being snoop D O double Gs.

Dwight Varnes
Dwight Varnes SuperDork
5/28/08 5:13 a.m.
oldopelguy wrote: Nay, Nay, it's more specific than Little British Car, it's Little British Convertible.

Not so much. The Mini community would have to collectively kick your ass. While I like convertibles, I'm "over them" in the sense I feel it is a requirement in a sporting car. Leaks, cowl shake, and being useless for the track without adding a roll bar all are negatives I don't have with a 'saloon'.

mel_horn
mel_horn
5/28/08 6:18 a.m.
Dwight Varnes wrote: [...] negatives I don't have with a 'saloon'.

Not to mention having a place to drink (rimshot).

I'm still trying to figger out "FTW"!

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
5/28/08 6:27 a.m.

Fucking Too White! Forgot To Wipe! Free The Whales!

bluej
bluej Reader
5/28/08 7:34 a.m.

Frisky The Whiskers! Feeling Too Wet! Forgot The Wheel!

Josh
Josh New Reader
5/28/08 7:58 a.m.

HINT:

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/28/08 8:11 a.m.

Depending on where you're hearing it, it could be For The Win, or a phrase known around here as Fuck The World.

Which makes it a really confusing acronym for me.

GlennS
GlennS Reader
5/28/08 11:49 a.m.

FTW im pretty sure came from online gaming and stands for "For the win". If you were playing gran turrismo and you just souped your skyline up to 1000hp you could say "I just threw a stage 4 turbo on my mad tight JDM skyline FTW"

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Reader
5/28/08 12:03 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Depending on where you're hearing it, it could be For The Win, or a phrase known around here as Fuck The World. Which makes it a really confusing acronym for me.

Fuck The World For The Win!

Totally different than WTF

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
5/28/08 12:08 p.m.

Faster (or Fatter) Than Wally

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
5/28/08 12:15 p.m.
John Brown wrote: Faster (or Fatter) Than Wally

Some might be lucky enough to be both :omg:

Wally
Wally SuperDork
5/28/08 12:43 p.m.

Faster maybe, but few are fatter

For a Little British Cheese story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/gloucestershire/7419788.stm

Dozens of competitors have been hurling themselves down a steep hill in a perilous annual cheese-rolling event in Gloucestershire.

Contestants descended the 200m slope, with a 1:1 gradient in parts, chasing a large Double Gloucester.

The winner of the first race at Cooper's Hill in Brockworth, a 19- year-old local man, was stretchered off wearing a neck brace and taking oxygen.

In all, St John Ambulance volunteers dealt with 19 injuries.

As the rain poured down it became impossible for racers to stay on their feet and contestants became caked in mud as they flipped, somersaulted and tumbled their way down the hill.

Competitors come from all over the world to take part

Christopher Anderson, 19, who won the first race, was carried away from the hill on a spinal board after hurting his back as he finished head over heels.

His friend, Shane Beard, from Brockworth, who also took part in the race, said: "The conditions were horrific, you just have to get your head down and hope for the best.

"Chris went absolutely flying - he is completely fearless but I hope he hasn't hurt himself."

It later emerged that Mr Anderson - who has won the title in consecutive years - did not require hospital treatment.

He returned to the event after receiving a check-up by paramedics and watched from the sidelines for the fifth and last race.

Among the other contestants were comedians Rory McGrath and Patrick McGuinness. They took part in the penultimate race and finished joint last.

After taking several tumbles, McGrath, 52, who lives in the Cotswolds, said: "I think my low centre of gravity counted against me."

Student Flo Early, 17, from Painswick, who was triumphant in the women's downhill section, said: "Next year I want to take on the boys."

The tradition, which is thought to date back hundreds of years, consists of a series of downhill races, with the winner of each receiving a cheese.

The race has been held at Cooper's Hill for the last 200 years.

Safety concerns led to it being called off in 2006 after rescue volunteers were unable to assist as they had been called to help with the aftermath of an earthquake.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/28/08 2:15 p.m.

lancaster bible college?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/28/08 2:22 p.m.
Wally wrote: Faster maybe, but few are fatter For a Little British Cheese story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/gloucestershire/7419788.stm Dozens of competitors have been hurling themselves down a steep hill in a perilous annual cheese-rolling event in Gloucestershire. Contestants descended the 200m slope, with a 1:1 gradient in parts, chasing a large Double Gloucester.

Just goes to show, guys can turn ANYTHING into a contest or race. I mean, chasing cheese?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gO9U9c7nDeWP0ltw0gwMbvrUT8pg60Kbhjmz4OsENiyeA4bYGbCK8PzMzBleUJW4